It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Vote 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well, I'm voting for Clinton Because she wants to mandate health care. No one has had the balls to match this so far. The only reason they wouldn't mandate health care would be because they get paid off by the health care providers to do as the health care providers want them to do. These are the "lobbyists".

I will give you a great example of the power large corporations such as health care providers have over elections and ultimately getting what they want threw funding the campaigns that support their agendas.

Florida has a mandatory seat belt law. But, you don't have to ware a helmet when riding a motorcycle as long as you carry insurance.

Now I've heard of people getting decapitated, drowned, burned alive and other things because of seat belts. Ever heard of someone dying because of their helmet? Hmmmmm I think it should be the other way around (mandatory helmet law and optional seat belt law) wouldn't you agree?

Well, its all about the money.

Large amounts of money fund large campaigns with large advertisements getting across to a large amount of the population. Which in turn produces a large amount of votes.

So, if you want to win the campaign then you need a large amount of money.
Who has this much money? Large corporations such as health care providers. And ALL large corporations are motivated by MONEY. And they aren't going to get as much money by letting health care be mandated. So, they will fund Edwards and others that support their agenda (which is making the most money they can). Believe you me they don't give a damn about us.
And as for John Edwards. Well, he knows in his heart that mandating health care is the right thing to do but he cant resist the free money and money and houses and houses and cars and cars and whining and dining that the over taxed over worked and under paid middle class are forced to hand over reluctantly threw all the exploited loop holes of the screwed up overly massive American Government.

So I vote for the poor people that don't have and will never have and could never afford health care unless its mandated. That's why I vote for Clinton.

All the other bull doesn't even matter. Because that's just what the rest is....bull. Mandating health care is the only real promise for hope for the poor in this campaign that I see so far.
Finally, 'one up' for the helpless.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

All the other bull doesn't even matter. Because that's just what the rest is....bull. Mandating health care is the only real promise for hope for the poor in this campaign that I see so far.

And right there is a MAJOR problem in this country with voters. People go to the polls and vote mainly on one issue and find the moron that matches their ONE view. Ridiculous.

Is it any wonder why we are in the massive number of messes we are today? Narrow mindedness and tunnel vision. No one looks at the big picture and you get the same ol' one-liner promises from the same 2 parties, from different faces, with the same results... nothing fixed... no problems solved.

Please... when everyone goes to vote in November... vote for anyone who is NOT a democrat or republican -- THROW THE BUMS OUT!!!

Start at the top... here's where your vote for Pres. will be best spent...

Wayne Root -- Libertarian Party

And here are his answers to the Issues

Certainly not the same old one-liners. Wake up people... we cannot keep putting the same ideas, in different bodies, into these positions.

[edit on 4/29/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

I agree with your post but don't call me narrow minded.

I'm just not as informed as you are as to the choices I have to vote for all I see on tv Is like 4 people. and thats the problem.

I never heard of the candidates you propose.

My Idea for the campaigns is to do what they do with the football teams.

Put a cap on the amount of money they can raise and spend for their campaign.

Then you will have more people that will be able to raise the funds to run. And therefore the voters will have more candidates to choose from that might better fit their views.

Right now there Isn't anyone running that fits my views. Of course I only know of a few people running. If a cap was in place there would be tons of people to choose from.

-Alien

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Cmon people wake up!!!!
This could happen to you.........Sicko

-Alien

new topics

join