It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Propaganda: Disneyland Goes To War-Torn Iraq?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

War Propaganda: Disneyland Goes To War-Torn Iraq?

globalresearch.ca

Disneyland goes to war-torn Iraq, with a multi-million dollar entertainment complex, to be built on a 50 acre lot adjacent to the Green Zone.

The American-style amusement park will feature a skateboard park, rides, a concert theatre and a museum.

The occupation forces are of the opinion that Baghdad is "lacking in entertainment". General David Petraeus, is said to be a “big supporter” of bringing Disneyland to Baghdad.

Supported by the Pentagon, Los Angeles based company C3 will be developing the "Baghdad Zoo and Entertainment Experience". The park will be designed by Ride and Show Engineering (RSE),

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Just when I thought I could no longer be suprised, I'm stunned into shock. Now DISNEYLAND is getting into the fray directly, building a massive theme park in the "green" zone of the country we have all but obliterated...I honestly don't even know what to say anymore. If people can't see how wrong this is, then we truly have no hope.

The entertainment park is an integral part of war propaganda.

Establishing an American cultural outpost in an occupied land serves to uphold the legitimacy of the invaders and their Worldwide "cultural values".

Most of the country's cultural and educational infrastructure including museums, schools, universities, parks, theaters, cinemas have been destroyed and now the invaders are "helping to rebuild".

Through Hollywood imagery, the Baghdad style Disneyland is intended to nurture Iraqi public opinion, to mould a pro-American view of the World.

globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
... well, it'll create jobs, industry and give the young people something to do other than walk the sewage strewn streets...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Do you know who is having to PAY for this!? Somehow, I don't think it's Iraq.

I don't see you volunteering

Just put it on the American taxpayers' tab!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Disney's newest attraction....

Suicide Slide !!!

YOU'LL HAVE A BLAST

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
If that's not a terrorist attack waiting to happen...

then something is very wrong.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Isn't western culture such as this the reason they hate us in the first place?

Seriously if its not blatantly obvious they want this war to continue and want to stir things up for as long as possible to sustain the Military Industrial Complex theres no hope for us...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Do you know who destroyed Iraq? Well, it was not the Iraqis.
I agree that a Disney land is not the smartest thing, but neither was the war.
They could put up a few food supplies and such instead of building amusement rides for hungry and thirsty people.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by LostNemesis

Do you know who destroyed Iraq? Well, it was not the Iraqis.

Do you think We The People wanted this war either? Do you think WE wanted to blow up innocent families, and send our country into debt so we cannot afford to provide for our own families?

I hope the idiots who voted for Bush are happy now. Not only are we considered responsible by the international community, but we could possibly be becoming a third would country too.

Yeah, we totally chose to destroy Iraq, just so we could send them Disneyland and McDonald's.

EDIT Typo

[edit on 29-4-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The bottom line is-this signals COLONIZATION.

We have the massive, enormous embassy that we just threw up over there over hundreds and hundred of acres, and now this.

These people have made it very clear-They want us to leave, and well they should. We attacked them for no reason other than the lies our pinnochio-like leaders spewed out in overtime.

These types of projects are "in-your-face, we're firmly planting our flag into your ground" type of operations.

Appalingly sickening.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
... well, it'll create jobs, industry and give the young people something to do other than walk the sewage strewn streets...

It will also create another target of opportunity for suicide bombers. All those American servicemen get told.."Go to Iraq, they have Disneyland there, it can't be that dangerous."

Corporate America, they're in it for themselves.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Learn more about colonialism before you decide that having a Disney like park in the U.S. embassy is equivalent to such things.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Obviously the leaders in Bagdad want this:

www.timesonline.co.uk...
Mr Werner, who has been sold a 50-year lease on the site by the Mayor of Baghdad for an undisclosed sum, says that the time is ripe for the amusement park. “I think people will embrace it. They’ll see it as an opportunity for their children regardless if they’re Shia or Sunni. They’ll say their kids deserve a place to play and they’ll leave it alone.”

And it will not be a Disney brand park.

It is being designed by the firm that developed Disneyland.www.timesonline.co.uk...

And this is a good thing for them. The kids need something to do. And why shouldnt the people of Iraq have fun? I cant believe anyone would be against this!!

“The people need this kind of positive influence. It’s going to have a huge psychological impact,” Mr Werner said.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Holy crap!!! Its not for Americans only!! Starred.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yes sir... I could not believe it myself when I spotted this about 5 days ago and stuck it in The Daily Mid-East Mess thread (bottom of linked post).

Good to see this tid-bit more in the light; quite surreal, I'm sure, if one sees it there. Like a mirage in the middle of Hell.

( And good to see I beat you to a story for once, Mr. Slow-poke
)

Anyone may feel free to add to that thread... just take a look thru; you'll see how I have it somewhat organized

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here's a interview with a typical Iraqi who lives just south-east of Baghdad.

Life in Iraq- What do the Iraqi people really want?

vcnv.org...

Just what Iraq needs- Disney world.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Most of Iraq still suffers from dirty water and shortages of medicine and electricity. Raw sewage regularly spills into the streets of Baghdad and unemployment stands at over 60 percent. All these essential services are less available now than even before the invasion.

The exploitation & dumbing down of the Iraqi people begins...Typical American coporate cultural imperialism - Disney World.
America's credibility just goes from strength to strength. How truly despicable. Nothing like exploiting a people when they are down

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
One question, will this be a corporate venture or a government-sponsored venture? Will Disney be monetarily rewarded by attendance of the locals, or will Uncle Sam be sending 'support' checks once a month? And who's paying for the security, I wonder, is Disney now a large-scale client of Blackwater??

Sorry - thats more than one question...

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Did you read this article? www.timesonline.co.uk... Provides more information.

This is NOT a Disney theme park. The people who "designed" the Disney rides are also designing this. It is not like Disney Euro....and now Disney Iraq.

Obviously the people of Iraq know better then us whether this is good or bad....and they feel this is GOOD.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I can almost hear the insurgents singing the 'mickeymouse' song as they prepare to martyr mickey...

Come along and sing a song
and join the jihad-i
O-sama Bin-Laden of the Al-Quaed-ee

Who's the leader of the gang
that plants the IEDs?
O-sama Bin-laden of the al-quaed-ee..

[edit on 29-4-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Do you know who is having to PAY for this!? Somehow, I don't think it's Iraq.

Just put it on the American taxpayers' tab!

Nope, they are invading Iraq and Iraq will foot the bill.
I made a thread maybe 2 days ago, or yesterday, about the Iraqi Audits, and the govt. wants to give loans instead of grants.

So they invade you, and you foot the bill.

Countries will go bankrupt if expensive private contractors like Blackwater invades them.

But then again..... just because americans are too passive to do anything doesn't mean they will be, I mean just look at insurgents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join