It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian nuclear facility could have produced fuel for 2 weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ok, even if Syria had produced enough material in that plant for 2 nukes, they still have to refine it, and then build functional bombs. Otherwise it's worth squat, strategically. And neither of the last 2 steps are in any way quick or easy.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost in the midwest
It was my understanding that Israel had aquired their nukes as early as 1968, way before many if not all of the UN-led and other international treaties were written.

Yes, but most other nuclear nations had already acquired nukes in 1968. Still they signed the pacts and agreements. Israel simply hid their nuclear program and wasn't even concidered, being officially without nukes.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
Ok, even if Syria had produced enough material in that plant for 2 nukes, they still have to refine it, and then build functional bombs. Otherwise it's worth squat, strategically. And neither of the last 2 steps are in any way quick or easy.

With enough uranium and internet access, together with some metal tools and some creativity, one could easilly make an atomic bomb capable of destroying Jerusalem. The simplest way to make an atomic bomb is actually not more complicated than to shoot two uranium projectiles into eachother. You find the blueprints to make your own hydrogen bomb at HowStuffWorks.com.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Its sad that in a post 9/11 world that people will divert from the real issues at hand. Clearly Israel is an ally, and they aren't a danger to North America or Europe, only those who would seek their destruction. Anti-Jewish/Israeli sentiment seems incredibly high among Muslims, I have yet to meet one who isn't anti-semetic. Your comments on Israel's weapons are off topic and clearly from a biased perspective. Even if what you said was true, that they are a dangerous country, is it not wise to keep your friends close and your enemies closer? You should be glad for America's strong ties with Israel

edit; It seems some of you are under the impression that enough fuel had already been made for the 1 or 2 nuclear weapons. The story stated that the facility COULD have produced enough for the weapons WITHIN 1 YEAR of becoming operational. As far as I know the facility wasn't active yet. thank the sweet baby Jesus
cheers

[edit on 29-4-2008 by ppskylight]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
i would like to personally thank the user(s) in this thread who have sent me yet another pm with such abusive language - apparantly i am anti-semitic and anti-american because i am critic of the israeli government and of the bush administraion

amazing since this is an international forum and not a US one really.

when dealing with israel you must seperate religion from government - this is something they do not want you to do , remove religion from the discussion and look with open eyes at the actions of government and see the disgusting truth which is before you.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

when dealing with israel you must seperate religion from government - this is something they do not want you to do , remove religion from the discussion and look with open eyes at the actions of government and see the disgusting truth which is before you.

I would like you to take this logic, and apply it to a Muslim country. Take your pick. Are they any better? At least Israel is friendly to the U.S. and thinks with Western logic, which is very much different than the logic that has sprung out of the Middle East. Look at how Iran treats people who dress in a western style, or women who do not cover up. If that happened here you would be throwing a ****-fit. And to separate Israel from Judaism makes little sense, seeing as they are a Jewish state. The only majority Jewish state. If one were to try argue that a religious majority in a country should have no relevance on one's views of that particular country, then one would likely have ulterior motives . (Like many who engage in Israel bashing, I would say its a reasonably safe bet that you are a holocaust denier/revisionist.) Israel is essentially a Jewish state, and to ignore that fact is arguably anti-semitic, considering Muslim calls for Israel's destruction (Iran is the most vocal Muslim country to express this desire).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join