It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian nuclear facility could have produced fuel for 2 weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Syrian nuclear facility could have produced fuel for 2 weapons

ap.google.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — CIA Director Michael Hayden said Monday that the alleged Syrian nuclear reactor destroyed by an Israeli airstrike in September would have produced enough plutonium for one or two bombs within a year of becoming operational.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Syria 'has covert Nuclear scheme'
Syria: CIA fabricated 'reactor' pictures
10 N.Koreans killed in Israeli stike on Syrian nuclear facility

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Syria with nukes? ****ing scary stuff, I sure am glad the Israeli's like to keep a tidy backyard. It seems like all I hear about anymore is that damn nuclear facility. They (US gov't) sure are pushing this, I wonder if we are gonna see a Middle East regional conflict after all.

ap.google.com

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
War is imminent. We will attack Iran before they flood the market with cheap oil traded in Euros. If Iran does that, it's the end of the US dollar. And I'm sure Syria will have a major role to play this time around. They stayed out of it last time, but keep in mind we shot first in Iraq, because Saddam wouldn't buy some of our national debt. We tricked him into thinking we would not get invloved if he re-patriated Kuwait in the beginning.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The idea of Syria having one or two almost completed nukes is far beyond freightening...it's one thing for Iran to have weapons...but Syria now???

This is all too convienent for me...Especially considering that the US Gov't is having drills in the upcoming months about some form of attack...

Either way it's becoming more and more probable that we will see a nuke dropped somewhere at some point this year...which is the real scary part...tensions are officially at an all time high and we're being outstretched already as it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Does the US have a Ministry of Propaganda now like Hitler did? It's so obvious what this is all leading up to..

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight

Syria with nukes? ****ing scary stuff, I sure am glad the Israeli's like to keep a tidy backyard. It seems like all I hear about anymore is that damn nuclear facility. They (US gov't) sure are pushing this, I wonder if we are gonna see a Middle East regional conflict after all.

ap.google.com

and who will deal with Israel and the 200+ illegal nuclear weapons they have?

the fanatics who run israel scare me more than anyone else - they have kept a war going now since 1946 , first against the british then against the peoples of palestine.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sorry, this really doesn't have much to do with the OP's topic, but this is just something I thought of a couple of days ago.

The US seems determined to keep us "looking" at the middle east. Every single day we get at least 2 more news topics about Iran or Syria or Iraq and everyone is paying attention to that specific area.

My point is: could they be distracting us from other dealings or situations going on in the world? Sort of like a magician distracts with one hand while doing something completely unseen but essential to the trick in the other hand.

Don't get me wrong, I realise the seriousness of what is happening in the ME and I'm not trying to trivialise the terrible situation, but do you think it could all be a distraction and the main part of their "plan" (whatever the hell it may be, or whoever the hell "they" are) is being conducted somewhere completely and utterly different in the world? But the media won't let us focus on it. Not while such attrocities are happening in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Anyway, just food for thought. I apologise ppskylight for completely ignoring the point of your post, but with so much of this crap coming out of both america and the ME I really just can't keep up anymore and don't know how to respond to much of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toy_soldier
could they be distracting us from other dealings or situations going on in the world?

Yes, right here at home.

The erosion of liberty and rights, the massive power grab by the executive branch, the collusion of the judicial branch and the usurping of the legislative branch.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
[

Just a question, what makes Israel's nucs illegal?

[edit on 29-4-2008 by lost in the midwest]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Toy_soldier

My point is: could they be distracting us from other dealings or situations going on in the world?

Like in South America perhaps? Bush bought a huge ranch down there, and of course he would like to take out Chavez and bring Venezuela "into the fold."

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lost in the midwest

what makes any countries nuclear weapons legal?

israel has not signed the NPT , has threatened the IAEA when they want to go near dimona and has a declared first use policy which includes destroying germany (look for the samson option)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

The Samson Option is very real and that comes from personal experience. Germany is targeted today and every day. You don't mass murder more than a third of the Jewish population by the most despicable means imagineable and expect to be pardoned do you?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

Indeed, a good question. The fact that Israel has a vast arsenal of nuclear missiles and has threatened to use them in attack strategies shows the double standard of USA. Let Iran and Egypt get nuclear energy I'd say, but dismantle the Israeli nukes!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

The Samson Option is very real and that comes from personal experience. Germany is targeted today and every day. You don't mass murder more than a third of the Jewish population by the most despicable means imagineable and expect to be pardoned do you?

look into the mirror and see what israel is doing to the people of palestine - its called genocide and israel is damn close to breaking the `record` hitler set - how does it feel to be known as the worlds greatest killers?

the extrenist terrorists who lead that country will drag it into disaster and the people of israel - who are sick of 60 years of war will pay the ultimate price.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Israel is under attack by genocidal maniacs from the musi world carrying on the work of the Germans. Israel has every right after Shoah to protect itself by any means at its disposal. Oh and remember there is nothing as a pal. They are TransJordanians, they can go and live there if they so please.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Germany is one of the most well functional democracies of Europe. They are allied with NATO and has the strictest laws in the world against anti semittism. You can't seriously belive that Germany pose a threat to Israel? The bottom line is that Israel has aquired nukes out of wedlock of the UN-led and other international treaties. They are egoistically running their own show.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the "Syrian nuke plant" story is entirely fictional.

I wouldn't put it past Israel and her minions here in the US .gov to blatantly lie about it, and I find it hard to imagine Syria has the money or manpower for a nuclear weapons program.

Not that I would blame them, with a nuclear armed & very warlike apartheid state next door...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Germany is one of the most well functional democracies of Europe. They are allied with NATO and has the strictest laws in the world against anti semittism. You can't seriously belive that Germany pose a threat to Israel? The bottom line is that Israel has aquired nukes out of wedlock of the UN-led and other international treaties. They are egoistically running their own show.

It was my understanding that Israel had aquired their nukes as early as 1968, way before many if not all of the UN-led and other international treaties were written.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Does the US have a Ministry of Propaganda now like Hitler did? It's so obvious what this is all leading up to..

Agreed, what is the agenda? is there oil in syria or have they decided to put up more frontline bases to watch russia and china, i thought iran would have been better suited on both accounts, maybe just looking after their israeli friends.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fozotronic

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Agreed, what is the agenda? is there oil in syria or have they decided to put up more frontline bases to watch russia and china, i thought iran would have been better suited on both accounts, maybe just looking after their israeli friends.

Agreed. USA is building up the temple of the third world war. Trust me, 9/11 is the 21st century's Reichstag.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join