It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disarming of America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
First off, I want to start by introducing 2 articles I found very interesting.

Veterans Disarmament Act

Defending Gun Ownership

The first article directly addresses the issue of disarming our nations war veterans who have been diagnosed Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The Second article is an interview with Larry Pratt, Director of Gun Owners of America, and deals with various constitutional issues in the present.

The Veterans Disarmament Act has passed as President Bush signed the Act into law in January of 2008. It also allows for the disarmament of anyone treated for ADHD or anyone with a restraining order filed against them. This is an incredible infringement of veterans rights as well as our rights as citizens of this country. Some shrinks opinion now has more validity than our constitution in these cases.

Those considered a 'danger' to themselves are added to the National Criminal Information System's (NCIS) no-buy list for firearms. Names are no longer removed from this list due to funds for the expunging process by a cut constructed by Sen. Charles Schumer of New York. How does this bill change our laws? Here;

So how will this bill make things even worse? Well, two legal terms are radically redefined in the Veterans Disarmament Act to carry out this vicious attack on veterans’ gun rights.

One term relates to who is classified a "mental defective." Forty years ago that term meant one was adjudicated "not guilty" in a court of law by reason of insanity. But under the Veterans Disarmament Act, "mental defective" has been stretched to include anyone whom a psychiatrist determines might be a tiny danger to self or others.

The second term is "adjudicate." In the past, one could only lose one's gun rights through an adjudication by a judge, magistrate or court -- meaning conviction after a trial. Adjudication could only occur in a court with all the protections of due process, including the right to face one's accuser. Now, adjudication in HR 2640 would include a finding by "a court, commission, committee or other authorized person" (namely, a psychiatrist).

What I find most disturbing about all of this, is that if we have to fight for our rights ever again in my lifetime, how many of these men and women who would be capable fighters will be unarmed when it begins? How many will be rounded up immediately to prevent them from falling in? This bill is just the next step in the eventual disarming of not only the Law-Abiding American citizens, but also of our military, as described in a publication released in 1961 by the Kennedy Administration.
Freedom from War

This is not only a shot at our personal rights and liberties, but also our national sovereignty.

[edit on 4/28/2008 by ludaChris]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The time for standing up and fighting is now, before any of this goes any further. Writing to this or that Congressman/Senator/State Rep is not the answer as they are all bought and paid for. When an entire system has been corrupted from the floor up, the only thing that will effect permanent change is complete removal of the virus from the host. I am afraid to say that our generaton has the weight of the entire civilized world on its collective shoulders and the actions we take today WILL BE learned about in classrooms a hundred years from now.
My sole purpose in life is to have my name be the correct answer
on a history test a hundred years from now!

new topics

join