It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
There has been a LOT of very strange activity in London over the last few days and this morning. There has obviously been a lot on the news recently about us stepping up out 'preparedeness' levels for possible attacks.

I work in the City (Bank area), and today there have been a lot of peculiar things that I don't have an explanation for: Firstly, the police presence has really been stepped up in town. Not only that, but a great deal of them are armed which it not usual for the UK. Secondly, there are a large number of both marked and non-marked police vehicles around, many of which are vans, each of which able to carry around 20 people. I have seen around 10 marked and 15 unmarked vans, which I think are the kind used to remove people from an area rather than deliver them to it.

There has also been a lot of helicopter activity. All of them have been marked choppers (not black ones here I'm afraid!), but at one point I was looking at 6 in the sky in one glance. The 4 chinooks usually based in Moorgate all left together this morning at about 08.00, all heading south west out of town.

There is an 'odd' feeling today in London, and I'm finding it very hard to put my finger on what is causing it. People seem to be on edge.

Anyone else noticed this or have any ideas about it?

Ben

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Just ask a policemen, best thing one with a MP. Seriously, the straight question is the best to do - even iif people get questioned by services the first thing to do is hours of straight questions, works best.

Probably one out of 5 policemen will tell you what's the deal.

Anyway I am wondering, I explicitly said I cancelled my trip to London. Though I feel honoured for that countermeasures

Edit: By the way, I gave a 10 rating. Threads like that are what I think this board is good for - not some discussion about faked UFO videos

- thanks for the real life impression!

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by shoo]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Shoo,

Yes, good idea. When I am out on my next smoke break I will go up to the 2 police marksmen with MP5's over frommy office building and just ask them straight. (this is not a sarcastic answer, I just re-read it and thought it did sound a bit like that!)

There certainly is 'something' amiss here today, this is not normal policing. We regularly have police stationed on the top of my office block (which is probably the most famous business address in London), and I presume they are either sharp-shooters or recon (or both). Today however there are a number of guys up there with what can only be described as 'kit'!

I'll update after I accost the coppers!

(Thanks for the 10 rating, much obliged!)

Ben

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hi benjj!!

Yes, a "real" time report - thanx for sharing with us!

I've no idea about the increased security but, if you hear anything, please keep us informed...

And, take care - get the H*ll out of there if there's any perceived danger to you.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
lol beautiful topic.

whens your next break?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Ok, had a 15 second chat with one of the police. I asked if there was any reason for the massive police presence in the City. He said that they are there as a standard police presence and that there is nothing untoward going on.

That said, I was not the only one out there with a passing interest. Several people came and asked me what I had asked, and also what the guy had said.

Am also going to add something to RATS now. Will keep this one going for the benefit of all 'non-RATSers'

Ben

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
"That said, I was not the only one out there with a passing interest. Several people came and asked me what I had asked, and also what the guy had said."

wow, must be pretty noticeable.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Maybe Beckham is back for a shopping trip.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I hope so papa!

By the way, you're my wife now............

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
I hope so papa!

By the way, you're my wife now............

LOL, Daaavvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee

new topics

top topics

join