It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romantic Martian Sunsets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
New .mov released today showing a Martian sunset.

Right click and save target as:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
BTW, for those playing the home game, the Blue halo around the sun is explained here:

humbabe.arc.nasa.gov...

The dust in the atmosphere absorbs blue light, giving the sky its red color, but it also scatters some of the blue light into the area just around the Sun because of its size. The blue color only becomes apparent near sunrise and sunset, when the light has to pass through the largest amount of dust.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
i noticed that the sky semed to get brighter in the 3rd or 4th frame. also, when the sun disappeared the skay stayed the same brightness. does this happen on mars, or is it because of the camera or something with the pictures?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
thanks kano,

but does that change the color of the landscape?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Not by a great deal I'd imagine ww, no more than Earth-bound colors change during the twilight. Would be cool to see a full frame of the sunset though, would make a funky wallpaper if nothing else

EDIT: dunkles, not really sure, it could be the halo trailing the sun or just an exposure thing as the sun goes out of the image.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I doubt the sunsets on Mars are anythign near those of Earth. There is not many gases in the martian atmosphere to produce such lush, warm colors.

top topics

join