It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Message"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
the individual speaking in the film should have given some sort of solid proof that he's an alien, aside from saying so himself.
hell, i had already known everything he talked about cause i learned it from my religious teachings, but that doesn't make me an alien does it?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It matters not if he is an alien,angel, being of light, or an escapee from
Sunny Meadows home for the criminally insane. Listen to the content
of his message. If any of you can actually find his overall message
harmful or misleading in anyway consider yourself right on track to being
a dumbed down, lowest common denominator, un-conscious, couch potato,
American Idol wathching, chain smokin, chip eating, backwoods hillbilly, stumpjumpin, Jethro, neanderthol.
Good luck in life.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I did a little photoshop work on the images of the video and got this..

Looks like a human sitting next to a poster of a spaceship flying past a planet to me...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Here's what I think...it doesn't matter if it's an alien or the crazy cat lady down the street. The message is good. We have the chance to make a change in humanity...unlike ever before. We will be here to see what this is all about and it will be what you make it to be. So lets all get on the same page so we don't F this up. BTW...religion has nothing to do with this.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbass
It matters not if he is an alien,angel, being of light, or an escapee from
Sunny Meadows home for the criminally insane. Listen to the content
of his message. If any of you can actually find his overall message
harmful or misleading in anyway consider yourself right on track to being
a dumbed down, lowest common denominator, un-conscious, couch potato,
American Idol wathching, chain smokin, chip eating, backwoods hillbilly, stumpjumpin, Jethro, neanderthol.
Good luck in life.

The content of his message doesn't really matter if he wants us to believe he's an alien and speaks as one and in behalf of "all the others." That would indicate he thinks we're bunch gulible morons and as such is insulting our intelligence.

If he just said "Hi! I'm Manfred Steinberger (or whatever german name) and I want to spread love and peace with you" he would have my support.

But, since that's not the case, I'm just gonna throw couple of ripe ROFLMAOs at him.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Most of what he says, I have heard before.

Love your self, Love others, etc, etc.....,

I dunno what his hangup is with smokers though. I am a smoker & I don't have any problems with myself & I always go out of my way to help friends & even strangers if they are in need of it.

I work with nature, I remove weeds & re-plant native trees to try & save my countries ecosystems, waterways & forests. I love my new work & gave up being a Bountyhunter to do it.

But because I Smoke, I'm a negative person that should be avoided?

Never heard such rot in my life!!!

Just because someone has an addiction, don't mean he/she's a bad person that will be removed from the earth when the time comes...lol

Now the people pushing the drugs are a different story.

Don't belittle the victim, banish the seller & then the victim will get better...

[edit on 4/29/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I watched the first video, but just couldn't bring myself to watch the second.

Many of the replies to the OP are in agreement with the video's message, and who can argue with such positive reactions? Well, I will, for one but for the following reasons.

The underlying significance of this message, IMO, is how it manipulates the listener with carefully orchestrated rhetoric designed to create a sense of greatness and import. Those who believe they really were listening to a Pleidian will come away from it with a good feeling. After hearing it they're beliefs will be justified. They’re hearing what they need to hear.
That's what the organisation behind the video, and I am assuming in has something to do with the Ashtar Galactic Command or the like, intend. It’s a hollow, cynical exercise in mind control.

In the fringe religions, this practice is called "love bombing"; the continued confirmation that a higher, external power really does love you, and your support of his church is not only important, but significant, too. It creates belonging, a sense of purpose, and is a conditioning that is incredibly hard to break.

Now, before I get flamed, I want to state that am not opposed to the message of love. Heck, it cannot be argued that we need more of it.

What I do object to is such a necessary and beautiful concept being bandied as a tool to draw in converts to a pseudo religion.

Unfortunately, these kinds of cults don't just have the message of peace to rely on. They've got a ready made history to use to back up their stories, and they exploit it to great advantage. There is no originality, nothing that even smacks of true alienness about their credo. It’s just the same dogma we’ve heard a thousand time given a digital-century revamp.

This is incredibly contemptuous not only of real extraterrestrial, but of us, too.

All the creators of this video are doing is playing on the very western meme of post-millennial fear of an apocalypse, that and utilising several already extant beliefs; ET-Christianity etc. (You’ll notice if Islam is mentioned to these guys, you’ll very rarely get an answer. That’s because they don’t want to tread on certain toes, mainly through fear of repercussions).

The whole focus of their recruitment is orientated towards a disenfranchised, terror-ridden population that is looking for something the established churches cannot offer; actual visual manifestation of their pantheon.
Look to the skies!
There’s Lord Ashtar in his fiery chariot!
And if you miss it the first time, you can see the reruns on Youtube.

Is this a Pleidian we’re listening to?

No, it’s not.

It’s just another sad minion affiliated to a group of people who are hell bent on trying to fill a power vacuum left by the collective denial of our own ability to sort out our own problems.

Just my Euro. Keep the change.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
goliath tyrant in the midst of a silent night
holy knight blade savior aegis
time rages on while i dream it
i sing it like a phoenix out of control inferno rage blazing
puppet government marionette etiquette
macabre savant ontological chronicle
i clip my strings with vivid dreams
whos the ghost who supposedly hosted christmas past
americas last dance in the bonfire
im tired of crooked ebeneezers scheming
a stab in the dark heartless practitioner penchant
a gift of the light mighty titan fighting
a sighted scent hound blinded hypocritic
a hyper critical sub visual incisor biting
drastic capitalists driving spastic plastic agendas
shrapnel torn ligaments
drafted from their imaginations figments
tenements defenseless bombed out testament
terrorist resentment pension plan pyrotechnic
spiral hectic relentless sentiment plentiful
apathy catastrophe

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
hmm.. First of all, I think it would be important for us to not fear what other people may think, say, or do, so that we may speak our truth's to other people. In a way that will not hurt others, and honors what you beleive. Actually that in itself would be a great challenge, could you do it?

We should stop catering to the negativity.

It seems to me that the general consensus of extraterrestrials and those of the light are considered to be bad. This makes sense, considering that the light solely apposes the dark, as they say.

Reading the response posts; I'm asking myself, why would I not want to take in this information and do my best to learn and grow from it... I evaluate, test, and deeply think about as much of everything I can. This is a way for me to figure out who I truly am, and to learn about how I really feel about these things of which im thinking about. Just to be clear, I take in as much as I can, and listen to my feelings just as much as everything eles. I try to step out of the zone as much as I can, and evaluate the situations from a 3rd-person perspective viewpoint. This way I can form an opinion with less bias and ego interference, and have it truly represent me with more intelligence and care.

Ok, This stuff just cannot be taught. Because, there are so many layers to everything I say. So, I'm going to stop here.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Smoking is bad for your SELF so it's a negative action toward your self.

I think the message is good but the message being from ETs is unfortunatly unsubstantiated...

And what's up with the corny new age music?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spaxz
He speaks in Positive (forces of good) and Negitive (forces of evil). He talks alot about our situation on this planet and how we have been mislead with Negitivity. He says we must learn to live with only love for "everything", and how the light will over come the evil on our planet...

Okay, I have to jump in here and say something.

I had my first (of only 2) OBE's after waking up Easter Sunday of 2005 and then not being able to sleep AT ALL for nearly a week.

During the OBE, I was in another realm or dimension (?) where there was an old man in white, with long white hair standing next to a white altar. On the altar was a pedestal, and on the pedestal was a cup.

The old man in white told me to look into the cup if I "must know"...I walked over to the cup and looked within. Inside, there was something that looked like red paint, with a swirl of black paint going through it.

Suddenly, the mixture began to swirl together faster and faster and I saw...knowledge? The future? Something.

ANYhoo, what I saw when looking into that cup was the same as the message you summarized. Positive, negative, balance...light will eventually win, etc.

Well, that's all. I know that it was just an OBE, but I find it strange that the message was the same. I also find it strange that I (apparently) had an OBE that featured the Fisher King and the holy grail when I had never heard of one and was only familiar with the other in passing...but life's weird, so there you go.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Great video, i could never say it any better and it makes tons of since. probably the best since i have ever heard. Now as for him being a alien or not i don't know but his speech was in fact a great one. I believe in every word besides the religion one because i personally know there is a God rather it being our god or an alien life form ill always keep my belief in a higher being. As for good and bad energy that is 100% true because its almost the same thing when you go to see a doctor about stress. The doctor tells you to calm down and the environment around you will become better and stress free. All in all this video and others like it needs to be ran through out the net not because the guy may or may not be another life form but because the words that are coming out of his mouth are 100% true.

-Mr.x211

EDITED TO ADD,
By the way, people stop putting the video down....the entire point of the message he is getting out to us is the story to think about not the guy so stop trying to find a stupid reason to waste time.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Mr.x211]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkCyrus

Not sure if you're actually addressing the OP or any other of the responses, but I'd like to comment on your post, if that's ok?

You remarked that:

I think it would be important for us to not fear what other people may think, say, or do, so that we may speak our truth's to other people. In a way that will not hurt others, and honors what you beleive.

This is a logical retort, and I'm sure you'll agree and realise applies to both sides of the arguement.

To even begin to feel threatened by the divisive undertone employed by these cult's messages is to deny one's own intelligence.

The use of fear as a controlling method is an old, old tactic, and these guys are no different. They inform their believers, rightly, that negative responses will come, and lo and behold, they do. So the implied threat of criticism, which obviously will stem from those who favour "the Dark Side", can only help to bolster the impression of belonging to the right side.

We should stop catering to the negativity

And by questioning these fraudsters, we are. They are supplying nothing that we haven't heard of before. It's all a rehash and a mish-mash of several creeds, having had the most persuasive parts cherry-picked so to lend credence.

It seems to me that the general consensus of extraterrestrials and those of the light are considered to be bad. This makes sense, considering that the light solely apposes the dark, as they say.

Where do you get this from? Are you saying that anyone who questions these messages is bad? That's ridiculous and is completely ignoring other people's beliefs, something that is taught on a regular basis by the Ashtar Command etc. So much for higher beings and advanced races...

I'm not questioning the message, and I'll restate I agree with the concept of peace and understanding being vital to our progression, but I am doubting the messenger because I simply don't believe their claims. Nothing they have done has convinced me otherwise, and I am willing to be convinced. I don't keep raising the bar, they just don't try because they don't have to.

Reading the response posts; I'm asking myself, why would I not want to take in this information and do my best to learn and grow from it...This way I can form an opinion with less bias and ego interference, and have it truly represent me with more intelligence and care.

So you do the same for Christianity, Bhuddism, Native American philosophy etc. Good for you. More than most folks will bother to do. But you hit the nail on the head when you mention ego. This whole ET orientated psuedo-religion is egocentric towards the channellers. It's they who get the benefit of attention when we pay heed to their repetitious spouting. ET doesn't come into it.

Why can I say this with such conviction? Because if these messages are being relayed by higher beings, then they must surely be dissapointed with their heralds.

Perhaps it's just me, but to even begin to be interested in enlightened teachings, the messenger has to be someone that I can accept, who is engaging, and whom I feel can trust.

Is it not reasonable to assume that if they are the recipient of the attention of advanced entities, then they are chosen for a reason, and at least one of the reasons should be that they are capable of gaining the attention of the target audience without the use of special effect videos etc.?

Shouldn't a real message from our potential saviours, delivered by their favoured representatives, be sufficient to convince?

All I see in these "ET messiahs" is a lack of character, and what the hell is the point of giving a world saving message to someone who comes across as affected and weird?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
No one ever realizes how simple the answer is to the Meaning of Life. When someone asks that question, the individual is bombarded with thoughts that plague his judgement until an answer is blurted out that is pointless in the big scheme of things such as, being wealthy or being a success, maybe even "...to give life a meaning" which only inspires confusion.

"What IS the Meaning of Life...?", "...to evolve your Consciousness".

There is nothing more fulfilling than to take a path of self betterment that is, do what brings you joy. If murdering people is your joy, it is more of compensation for your negative thoughts than it is to achieve peace of mind.

Peace of Mind is the uttermost basis for self betterment, and is the metaphorical "place" called Heaven. When you are anything other than in peace with yourself and all things, it is the metaphorical "place" called Hell. Granted, that there are levels of 'Hell', it becomes better and better as you put in the effort to achieve peace of mind.

Complete darkness can be extremely overwhelming, but it takes only a point of light to guide you.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Awesome message, an all in one message straight up the guts lol.... I ain't religious or belong to a church, but i am very highly spiritual and i feel right at home with what this being says. In fact i have being doing and experiencing some of the things he describes.. thanks OP.. If people can't understand what's being said or fully grasp the context then they are simply not ready yet...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A good message yes, but when the entire message is based on a deceptions and a LIE (that being, this german human is a real pleadian rofl), I have to question the motives.

I am with breadfan on this one. If it was just a speech on enlightenment, given by an english speaking human, and presented that way, without the huge FAT LIE for a premise, without the cheesy music, I would have found it quite a good message.

But I have to question this guys motives, now, because imo, he is indeed a liar.

*lights up a cigarette*

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Moegli

I think we're missing the point. Spaxz, in his original post states:

IMO, I believe I have found a true message from the "light" species of aliens that call themselves Pleiadian

and it is this outright acceptance of a completely unverifiable claim that is annoying me. What makes someone just accept these claims? Not the message, the claims?

Where, in the whole video, is there one single piece of evidence that proves, or even suggests strongly, that the speaker actually is a Pleiadian? Did I miss it? Please show me where it is?

Anyone?

I am not questioning the theme of the message as I have stated, but this blind acceptance of who and what the speaker says he is!

This is my point!

Some folks are just going along with what he says because he's saying what they want to hear, and because of that, they accept his outlandish claims. Can no one see the circular arguement here?

I'm not questioning anyone's right or ability to evolve their conciousness, in fact I would advocate it, but surely to thoughtlessly agree to a truth that is presented by lies is doing exactly the opposite?

All I'm asking is why is anyone accepting the person in this video to be who they say they are?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I hate thread like this. For obvious reason (well to most of us anyway) they do nothing but perpetuate that this subject is populated by nothing more than fools, charlatans, weirdos, mentally unbalanced individuals, and those that have such an overwhelming desire to believe in the absurd they ignore common sense, reason and logic.

Ufology has become a religion for those that deny they need religion.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I didn't necessarily pay attention to the fact that he claims to be a Pleiadan, I don't believe it nor do I dismiss it. I understood the message he is conveying but trying to take the information given forth by this individual based solely on the possibility that he actually is an Alien or a channeller is a direct contradiction to one of his quotes anyway, which was "an intelligent person would investigate before he makes an opinion".

Understanding that quote in the first place would have you not caring whether he is a channeller/alien or a regular person.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I hate thread like this. For obvious reason (well to most of us anyway) they do nothing but perpetuate that this subject is populated by nothing more than fools, charlatans, weirdos, mentally unbalanced individuals, and those that have such an overwhelming desire to believe in the absurd they ignore common sense, reason and logic.

Ufology has become a religion for those that deny they need religion.

With all due respect, is that statement directed at the message as a whole or the fact that the individual conveying the message is a possible channeler/alien? Please reply if you've watched the video, or else I'll assume that you've only read the OP.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join