It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO crash in Bolivia, outstanding case

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

lol that helps. it also shows that this wasn't a time lapse as originally thought (or at least not one long enough for the moon to explain the anomaly in the photo). Kudos

What we have here is pretty interesting now that I'm seeing the full photo. Is it possible that it could be a double exposure of the time lapsed crescent moon over the night image of the city? Not really sure.
I still think that the actual size of the object is consistent with what the size of the moon would be.

In order for the anomaly to be the result of the time lapse, as I stated before, this exposure would've needed to be hours long since the moon travels only about one of it's diamaters across the sky every hour. By that time the stars would've moved considerably in the shot (or at least enough to be obvious). Pretty odd photo..

-ChriS

[edit on 1-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Perplexing isn't it.

It was explained in Grudge as the Moon.

However the devil is in the details, just how was it caused.

I have to admit it looks exactly like a long or multiple exposure of a crescent Moon but the surrounding light sources do not belie this.

Was it an intentional hoax or something else.

To my way of thinking it would be beneficial if we could determine if the moon was a crescent and in that position at that time.

But how to find out.

The official report, and I won't take credit for finding this as internos did

Incidently apologies to camilo for seeming to hijack the thread but I don't think this image is worth a seperate thread, forgive me.

edit spelling

[edit on 2-5-2008 by sherpa]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

No need to apologize my friend, your opinions are very welcomed and the discussion of the photograph can only contribute to the discussion.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
you know what, MY apologies Camilo for the distraction from your OP. I simply brought up the photo for the simple purpose of that your thread was about an alleged crashed cyllinder and here I had just seen in my opinion a very cool pic of what appeared to be a cyllinder UFO... I had no intention of detracting your thread. Again I'm sorry for any inconveniance..

spikeD

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

As I said before there is no need to apologize, both Sherpa and you know that this is not my thread, it is a collaboration between friends. The picture is very interesting and you are right, we are talking about cylindrical objects and the pic helps me picture what might have landed in south Bolivia in 1978.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
you know if that photo really was a time lapse photo of the moon then why is the cylinder choppy and have inconsistent coloration and why would it not show up in other photographs (only this one)? For all we know this is something legit. It could be some kind of vortex similar to what has been captured in other more recent photos.

There was a recent episode of "UfO Hunters" on the history channel which shows a time lapse photo of a UFO traveling through an amazing vortex and disolving/dematerializing. I just have not been able to find it online for the life of me. The youtube vids of UFO hunters include only part of this episode and don't include the part with that photo. The vortex in the photo actually has lines coming off of it in the shape of an immense whirlpool and then you have the evidence of something traveling through the vortex erratically (if it were a plane it would have not survived it).

One possibility is that this is one of these immense vortexes opening up.

-ChriS

[edit on 2-5-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 2-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

Thanks for the information, but what I wanted to see was the original text in Spanish, and that is because I find it strange that someone would say "wine container", there are Spanish words for specific "wine containers", why use a word that does not really describe the object?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If anyone is interested, I can translate the article linked in the OP to English for you guys.
I am from Bolivia myself, and when I hear cases like this that happened in the country (or close to the country, or in South America in general), I get really excited.

I know it's a bump, and the source linked in the OP is quite long. But if you guys are interested, I can try to translate it for you.

I get a lot of info from you guys, might as well do that to thank you.

And yeah, sorry for the bump (second thread I bump today...). Maybe you all lost interest on this, but I thought I would do the offer anyways.
edit on 7 28 1111 by Cricious because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 28 1111 by Cricious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a pity that most links dont work

sounds like an awesome case

thanks again armap for posting the images,at least we have an idea where the thing fell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join