It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Alarm being tested in Portsmouth, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i just heard it on my local radio - theyre gonna be testing a nuclear siren which i should apparently be able to hear from my home.

www.portsmouth.gov.uk...

just thought u might wanna know that - someone might live nearby

i dont understand why we would need this? who would/could nuke the UK?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Whereabouts in the U.K do you live?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I was born in Pompey but dont live there now.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
i live in fareham which is next to gosport (unfortunatly).

i was born in pompey aswell btw - st.marys hospital

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by GeniusSage]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Same here! St Marys in the maternity ward

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'm not sure I would want a nuclear warning where I live , It's ok for those who have their nuclear bunkers up and running but I'd rather the nuke just hit me without the four minutes to spend running around like a headless chicken wondering what to do.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
"I'm not sure I would want a nuclear warning where I live , It's ok for those who have their nuclear bunkers up and running but I'd rather the nuke just hit me without the four minutes to spend running around like a headless chicken wondering what to do."

stand and salute! it would be a beautiful sight

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Maybe you two are secretly twins, and you could switch places to get your mom and dad back together.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
where i live (oxfordshire) we have the siren sounding about once a month or so. i live in a rather dodgy position, i can count atleast 4 us bases ,
2 complexes that do experimental tests with radio active stuff (JET AND UKAEA, IN CULHAM AND HARWELL)
3 raf bases, 1 us army base, lotsa training grounds,
a main communications base, and a us camp that is tucked away in the countryside thats not sign posted or visible on the regular routes,(no idea what it does). all with in a 40mile radius of my home.
i live in an area rife for crop circles

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If a nuclear bomb did go off in Pompey it would cause billions of pounds worth of improvements.

Sorry, I had to say that as I live in Southampton.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
hell we have siresn. even in nebraska. all states do. maily for civil defence and vlounteer fire fighters. oh yeah and tornados. they were orginally put in during the cold war.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Umm never heard of this...but my cousin lives in gosport so ill have to get him to listen out !

i would lke to hear a siren..as if it went off id be like umm whats that noise lol

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i guess ill just have to nuke UK if nobody does....china supplied me with enuff nukes to cause a black hole and a few hydrogen bombs to show you how strong i am....

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Who could who would? the US OF A dude..

we are messed up on this side of the World, haven't you figured that out yet

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Who could NUKEUK:

Russia
China
N.Korea (maybe)
possible some middle east countrys??

is that it???

dont we out number these countrys i listed??

dont think they would dare attack us, cause we can nuke em into stone age 10 times over.....

andour HARRP would knock any incomming nukes out with emp pulses in atmosphere....

as for subs i dunno.......

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Portsmouth does have a Royal Navy base.

Maybe some provision being made in light of the higher security status in the UK - bit worrying perhaps?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey GeniusSage are yu new here. If you are for future reference if you want to quote what someone has said it is at the top of their post. Just click on quote and it'll automaticlly like direct you to a reply thing where you write in. The press inter and write what you want about what they have said.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well im pretty sure there is a nuclear alarm here in New York, where i live.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Well im pretty sure there is a nuclear alarm here in New York, where i live.

there all over the US! hell you cant go anywher and not see one where i live. they use em for everything. volunteer fire department, tornados, and air raids. you espically hear em alot on the fouth of july when rednecks injur themselves with fireworks. they are all over the country form the Civil Defence. so if you hear on you can go to an air raid shelter. and in new york im pretty sure they have, being a major target for russian ICBM's

you dont want to hear them on a stormy night or day. trust me. thats not good. means tornados are coming. they start em to tell everyone to take cover and then theyll start em again after the storm is gone

here are what some sound like

www.jmarcoz.com...

www.jmarcoz.com...

www.jmarcoz.com...

www.jmarcoz.com...

and here are some pics on what some look like. there are not only 2 or 3 designs trust me on that one. there are hundreds of em.

the first 2 pics are the most common ones here

adn this one is an older cold war era one.

[Edited on 2-28-2004 by KrazyIvan]

top topics

join