It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulant Package-Help me spend it!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have made the decision to take the check our gov't is giving me, and go buy something to help me in this near future chaos.
I have set aside $1,000 for food and water, which I am getting this friday. I have all the needed weapons (pistol, hunting rifle) as well, plus outdoor survival gear.
So what to do with my check? Generator? greenhouse? Ideas, anyone? please be specific. Needs are for 4-6 people, as in item must help that many people. I have convinced 5 others to contribute the same food and water, to be kept at home, and we will all buy one big ticket item. But assuming that we cannot get together in an emergency, I need this item to be personally useful if necessary.
Thanks, as I rarely post in this forum,( and I need these items by friday) and Y'all seem to be the experts.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by jasonjnelson]

[edit on 28-4-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Maybe I'm inn the wrong topic board? I don't know how many of you survivalists are registered to the good old IRS...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A slingshot water purifier, if it ever becomes available on a wide level. Don't worry about bottled water, this puppy offers you pristine h2o wherever you go.

The Slingshot

I heard it will be 1000-1500, so its above your range, but this thing is going to change the world. They estimate that half of the world's disease will be wiped out when this thing hits 3rd world countries (which ours might be someday).

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
A thought came up about stocking up on some gas masks, chemical suits and chemical gloves.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I actually e-mailed the owner of the company begging for a job at near nothing salary. He has yet to respond, and the truth is, I have enough water for two years. I can figure long term in the meantime. Plus, I have 600, not 100,000.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
A thought came up about stocking up on some gas masks, chemical suits and chemical gloves.

Also taken care of. Marine corp issue!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So why are you planning this? are you expecting something big?
you are marine rt? tell us more what you know and what you are expecting

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I wanted to give this thread a boost in case anyone who got off yesterday could reply. This is a genuine question, so please respond if you have anything good to help me. Thanks, Jason

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by communicator
So why are you planning this? are you expecting something big?
you are marine rt? tell us more what you know and what you are expecting

Lets see, not that I wanted to get into this, as I don't have the time to offer proof, but here goes. Do your own research...

1) Food shortages. Bees disappearing, food costs rising. Alt fuel. (ethanol) bad droughts. old transpo and again, high energy and fuel costs.

2) Looming war with Iran/China/N.Korea.

3) Civil Unrest due to elections or options 1 or 2. (above)

4) Economic hardships due to the downturn.

5) Most importantly, my gut tells me its time. I have put this off, and when the mormons start getting ready, its definitely time.

6) All of my contacts in the military tell me that THEY are preparing as well. Just little things mind you, but unusual things as well.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
All these points you have mentioned are related to economy...

6) All of my contacts in the military tell me that THEY are preparing as well. Just little things mind you, but unusual things as well.

this is what intersets me... what are they preparing for???... I have done lot of research and all points for 2012 stuff... so it it Govenment or Aliens??

I know we will never know this... till its time... like 911

[edit on 29-4-2008 by communicator]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by communicator

This might sound like a dumb response, but I have to say, that I was never a conspiracy theorist before, just a believer that the gov't was trying to do right by us while we were in the dark. However, I have seen some things over time that have changed that. Including a concentration camp in death valley last week. No, I did not take pics, the gaurds were right there, and we had made a wrong turn. Something just feels off my friend, and I aim to be a little prepared.
STILL NEED HELP HERE!

Edit to add how truly stupid what I said was. I am not crazy. Actually quite likable, and normal. However, it is hard to explain this to people. I mean ALL (waving arms around now) of this, and how I feel. I am not nearly alone, and most of you all feel it too...(great, now I sound crazy too...)

[edit on 29-4-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Don't much really believe all the conspiracy things myself. Its a fun diversion though.

The Wall Street journal is saying invest it in long term food. Best guess is a profit of up to 16% on your normal grocery bill, vs 4% in a bank. I don't know really. If it was about twice what is coming we would add some and take a vacation. They didn't kick down enough to really help the economy.

As for me, I have been drooling over a nice new pressure cooker at the local hardware store for months but never had the spare change for several cases of jars and lids that go with it so I might do that. Might get a bigger used one from Craigs list too. I hate having to do 20 little batches when It could be done in a couple.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Great Idea! I have all the material needed for preserves, but I know that I may have to leave all of it hidden if shortages hit. It's why I payed cash for all my supplies, so that I can hide them....

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Not to bum anybody out but those "stimulus packages" are actually a front on your expected '08 tax return. Ie... you get $1000 now as part of the stimulus and your 2008 refund is $800 you now owe the difference of 200 to the IRS. Your refund for next year was 1200 you will only get 200 because you took the Stimulus payment which comes out of your 08 refund.

So for survivals sake I wouldn't spend any of the check. As hard as it would be to do I would send the check back. It's a scam to get lots of low income people into collections. Wow you filed for this year but not in any of the previous years? Hmmm? were going to go ahead and need you to file those back returns. People are going to freak when they go to the tax preparer next year and see their 08 returns.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Wow... that aspect I have never thought of...

Anyways... on the original topic... Yes I too feel that something is coming... and better be prepared... So will load up my stuff with this stimulas

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Check this link
107 Pieces of Survival Gear for Your Car, Home and To-Go Bag

in case of disaster

5-Minute Shutdown for Your Home

Also this
22 Steps to Save Yourself When Natural Disaster Hits

dont want to scare you... but see where you should put your money to get the most

if you have family... kids... plan these on time

[edit on 29-4-2008 by communicator]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I know about this scam, but I think we have two to three months of total peace at most anyways. This money isn't going back.
I will check your links. I was hoping for more of a straight answer, but I do have a couple minutes.....

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Some NVG night vision goggles, flint, water purifying tablets or plenty of bleach, wet suit, thermal underwear, compass, solar powered flashlights or energy regenerative flashlights.

Sleeping bags, Tents, a fold up shovel you can carry on a belt. A rifle.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by menguard]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

Thanks, but again, I actually have a "flight" kit ready. I was thinking more of a home use/group use item,.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Invest in GOOD water storage. Not the bottles or gallon jugs it comes in but rather food grade plastic drums (I keep 4 50 gallon drums) and several good filtering devices as well. They are about 50 bucks each and very robust

[edit on 4/29/08 by FredT]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join