It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Roswell crash, Startling new evidence" ...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The thought of a weather balloon from any country crashing and leaving two debris fields of the sizes recorded does not calculate at all in my mind, just by the size of the field discovered on the ranch IMO makes the weather balloon HUGE? to have two sites one supposedly the main site with disk and bodies means that the balloon must have crashed spread most of its bulk on the ranch, then had enough lift still to carry it over the distance reported only to embed itself into the side of a hill as reported by witnesses, so not only was it a huge balloon, but also it must have had a huge mass and great speed to embed itself.

Something tells me the weather balloon theory from any country is well absurd to say the least, i just dont think that a lot of thought went into the weather balloon answer by anyone, even without the math the human brain tells me no way an object designed to fly so high would have such mass as to embed itself into anything, especially after dumping so much debris and gouging out a large amount of the ground and still travel far and fast enough to the second site, even without embedding itself in a hill , as reported by eye witnesses.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VisionQuest

Not only that, but this is the way I view it. Corso wrote a book about what was found at Roswell and what was done to help our technology out using what they found. Why would he do it? Let's speculate:

1) He's old (won't be here much longer). He wants to get it off his chest. Thinks the this charade has gone on long enough. Many others have said on their death bed what they have seen (Walter Haut naming one, Other Interviews). I would think it wood be the same motivation for them to spill the beans. I know I would want to make peace with what I knew if I kept secrets from humanity that long. Knows he'd look like a crack pot, but at least his conscience would be clear and he could live with that.

OR

2) He's been TOLD/ENCOURAGED to write the book to help along discloser or muddy the water. Unless someone can debunk his military career as a lie, he was very distinguished. The military thought highly of him due to his positions. They say jump, he says 'How high?" Career man. He does what he's told even though he knows he'd look like a crack pot.

OR

3) He said screw all that, I need money and this will do it. Screw my career. Probably knows he's look like a crack pot.

I vote #1 scenario.

This is why I think the OP has a very good point. But Oh MY God, you used logic in your analogy about the store robbery. You did it now. There goes the neighborhood. My My!!! Good job!!!! Keep it up.

EDIT: added "Other Interviews"

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Quazi176]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazi176
Not only that, but this is the way I view it. Corso wrote a book about what was found at Roswell and what was done to help our technology out using what they found.

You are right about that Quazi176, but many people don’t believe his claims.

Just to inform you.
Lt. Col. Philip J. Corso (U.S. Army, retired) died at approximately 11:15 p.m. EDT on Thursday, July 16, 1998. He was 83.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Wow! Glad I came back. Hmmmm... I just heard this story actually, from a fellow ATS'er as we were camping in the middle of B.F. nowhere last week. (check my new profile photo. He is in the back) I don't think he would appreciate me telling you, but I will say that we are both ARDENT ufologists' and that I still believe that we have made contact with aliens through our gov't. That said, the story was a deathbed answer to a long held question. Do I believe that multiple incidents happened in the area of area 51 and other places? YES! But there was a Russian Weather balloon involved, and although your Sarcasm is noted, I think that it would be really scary to think of Russians releasing anything over US airspace at that time. (meaning what common citizens of that era would say)
Plus, what would a military grade russian artifact look like to the common rancher in Roswell?
Anyway, not trying to start a controversy, as I have NO way to prove my source, except to again point out that I have no reason to lie, and wouldn't have repeated it if I thought it to be false or in bad faith.

Thats funny, in 1947 the Russians were still considered our allies in a sense and were regarded as our friends due to they're efforts fighting with us the U.S. and the British to defeat the Natzi's in WWII, it was not until the 1950's that the cold war started so therefore it would "NOT" have been scary at all to people in the U.S. at that time if a Russian weather balloon was launched from Mexico because the Russians were not considered a threat (American and British troops faught side by side with Russian troops in some major battles in Europe) at least for a couple of more years when Stalin's true colers really started to show and the Russians started to build atomic bombs . In 1947 we were still suffering from Natzi fever in this country and were not thinking about the Red's yet!

your story does not add up my friend

[edit on 29-4-2008 by damdevildog]

[edit on 29-4-2008 by damdevildog

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Thats funny, in 1947 the russians were still considered our allies

no, the cold war started when the soviet union & the western allies disagreed over how to govern occupied Germany in 1945. By 1947 the United States had formulated policy to prevent the Soviet Union from exporting communism to other countries.

The army in 1947 thought the "flying disks" people like kenneth arnold reported could be russian spy craft.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My goal was not to take away from what the OP was getting at. I just happened to be one of the first responders, right after this story was told to me. According to my friend, (which makes this a FOF story) this is just what his dying father imparted in the space of two days. (cancer) My friend and I are both adamant about the existence of UFO's but his father told him that Roswell was a weather balloon of Russian origin.
I am so sorry that I cannot offer proof for this. IF I COULD, I would have started a thread to actually collect points on the debate. But since I can't, I just threw it into this one.
I am quite familiar with the details of the Roswell case. But I have to say, that my knowledge had only 2 degrees of Kevin Bacon, and that is enough for me. Those who know of me will retain the opinion that i would never pass on a hoax or fake item.

No proof= No thread.

P.S. I can nonly tell you that the underground facility in the panamint Mtn. range was helped built by this man. Some rad stories I cannot repeat, but seriously cool.

P.P.S. I still agree that something ELSE also happened in the area. I STAND by the fact that a Russian Weather Balloon crashed there as well.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Those who know of me will retain the opinion that i would never pass on a hoax or fake item.

Knowingly, right? Because the story could have been fake, disinformation or hoax when it was relayed to you.

P.P.S. I still agree that something ELSE also happened in the area. I STAND by the fact that a Russian Weather Balloon crashed there as well.

How can you say that you stand by the fact that a Russian Weather Balloon crashed there, when, by your own words, you have nothing to prove it and only a story that someone told you?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

Danx man, I get it, okay? I am telling you, and willing to put all of my credibility, FOREVER, on the line, to say that I BELIEVE my source. And HIS source is impeccable. That means that I believe it to be true. I argued right away, that I thought it possible that his source had been denied real info and only read an edited report. My friend says NO WAY! That his source is infallible. I AM SORRY that I can offer no more proof than this. I really am man!

Edit to add that again, this is why I didn't come right home and start a thread about it. Plus, I neve really cleared it with my boy to see if I could pass it on. FYI, he is on this site, just not this thread.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Yes that may be, but the general public did not have knowledge of a soviet threat until at least a couple of years later, the very late 1940's/ early 50's, it's just in more recent years that we have found out that the Gov. had knowledge of a possible soviet threat in and around 1947.

I don't believe that the Gov. let that info out that soon after the war ended because the nation was still revelling in our victorie's in Europe and the Pacific.

But then again with that being said and considering that the object was a soviet balloon, it would be understandable why the Gov. would cover it up.

Hmm! Interesting! I suppose there is two ways to view this after all, just giving my two sense, forgive me fellow ATSer's for any innacurrasies, have a great day and i hope you and i all get to see the truth soon.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I am telling you, and willing to put all of my credibility, FOREVER, on the line, to say that I BELIEVE my source. And HIS source is impeccable. That means that I believe it to be true. I argued right away, that I thought it possible that his source had been denied real info and only read an edited report. My friend says NO WAY! That his source is infallible. I AM SORRY that I can offer no more proof than this. I really am man!

Hey jason, listen, I'm not doubting you personally or anything, I'm just pointing out that numerous other people have said the exactly same thing about other stories and theories. Unfortunately this isn't enough to prove something to be real or true.

Otherwise, wouldn't you have to believe all the people that came forward regarding Roswell claiming that it was an extra-terrestrial craft and that the military recovered the bodies?

I'm not asking you to present any sort of proof, because I understood since your first post that that wasn't possible and this is only a story and you're relaying it to us.

I hope you realize people here don't usually just accept these things blindly, and sometimes can be harsh, but you can't blame us, we've seen enough share of hoaxes around here to be cynical of everything that's presented to us, especially when the evidence that we've seen seems to point to other conclusions.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

Point taken, and starred. I wish I could share just 10 % of what was told to me last weekend. Hell, I wish I could talk about what I was actually doing last weekend. If it ever pans out, trust me, ATS will know. But man, I did see some interesting things, and wish I could get my hands on some of the things I was told. Once again, the original source is impeccable, even by ATS standards. Alas, the proof has left the building.

Edit to add how stupid I feel sometimes for using my real name, and I hope that the sunglasses and hat disguise me some.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My favorite crackpot theory is that Werner Von Braun and his happy cadre of Nazi rocket scientists were very secretly experimenting over at White Sands with manned launches, using apes or humans (live or dead) as passengers. That's all Von Braun was ever interested in. Coming right after the War, with people still horrified with the Germans and their various evil experiments with people, it probably wouldn't have been a good idea to let the American public know that these Nazis were up to their same old tricks, only this time with American cooperation. Still wouldn't.

Little dead aliens at the crash site? Dead burned up apes, maybe.

Because the biggest problem with the Roswell stuff is that if it really was that important, really was aliens, then they'd supposedly still be around after all these years, still generating mountains of paperwork begging to be leaked, and hundreds or thousands of witnesses, one of which would eventually spill the beans with hard evidence (unlike Bob Lazar). And that hasn't happened.

Burned up corpses in a V-2? That could be literally buried without a lot of trouble.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Very much agree with you. The military in this country behaved very differently following WW2. I never thought of burned up monkeys.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
the truth is in there somewhere between the lies and the patriotism,its just that it comes out as one load mixed messages with people and goverment officials bashing one another till the truth gets so distorted its hard to tell what the truth was because it was so long ago.and with so limited the amount people still around from then its even harderto find a reliable source whos stuck to their story from day one,even the u.s goverment changed their story,often when you get the two sided coin argument,i always fall on the side of a believer because have you ever noticed these retired in their 70s,80s,90s, former us army/officials etc with the crew cuts/little usa pin badges always deny such event ever happend and will till they die,because protecting the country means more to them than the truth,im sure they see it as their final order from uncle sam,if their selling im not buying!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I can say, without the ability to show my source, that the object found at Roswell was a Japanese (spy)weather balloon, released from the south pacific...

just kidding...just trying to show that anyone can make up story's

but really i could see my story being more credible since a year and a half prior to the Roswell incident we dropped two atomic bombs on Japan and i could see Japan trying to get some kinda payback for that ? oh well you get the idea...my story is as good as the Russian story and they both are somewhat unlikely imo.

if i was going to believe the crashed balloon theory i would be more likely to believe the project mogul story because i really dont see how any Russian or Japanese balloon would actually be recovered to gain any military evidence. what were they gonna do...wait till the spy balloon landed somewhere to retrive photo's or something ?

could aliens have witnessed the atomic bombings in Japan and were scouting the area near Roswell because the 509th bombers were stationed near that ? there were supposedly many ufo sightings in that area of the country prior to the actual Roswell crash date. there have been many ufo's reported by nuclear missile sites .

well getting back to the Russian theory... i found this article that talks about how Stalin was interested in ufo's and was probably intrigued by the Roswell incident.

The US government might have spent more than half a century trying to convince suspicious conspiracy theorists that no UFO ever crashed at Roswell, New Mexico, but one man never believed the story. That man, according to Pravda (Nov 19), was Joseph Stalin. The Soviet dictator apparently thought the US was covering up with its story of a weather balloon crashing, so he ordered senior scientists to investigate.

, Soviet Intelligence must have picked up the initial story in the summer of 1947 when it was published widely in the American press (Stalin died in March 1953). And they must have given it a lot more thought than the Americans themselves did.

there is also mention of a alien space rocket that was dug up in Russia and the article seems to imply that this ship was from old earth times ?

“When workers demolished ruins in 1948, they came across the mentioned mysterious object. The find was dug up, cut into pieces, and loaded onto trucks. The parts were taken to a secret testing area in the Moscow region. The father of the journalist was sent there as well as an expert in ancient languages; he was to translate the inscriptions inside the space ship. It was the Sanscrit language, which is now a dead language.”

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...
Stalin's UFO

i believe an alien spaceship did crash near roswell and i believe this because of all the witnesses that have come forward.

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - Roswell -- 1984 interview with Jesse Marcel

[edit on 29-4-2008 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is what the spacecraft looked like that crashed in 1947.
Click here:majestic12lazar.tripod.com...
Fiber optic cable was in the spacecraft.
It's about 52 feet in diameter.
Civilians got there first.
The military showed up after them and put the Top Hat on a flat bed truck
and moved it to Los Alamos National Laboratory.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by danx

Point taken, and starred. I wish I could share just 10 % of what was told to me last weekend. Hell, I wish I could talk about what I was actually doing last weekend. If it ever pans out, trust me, ATS will know. But man, I did see some interesting things, and wish I could get my hands on some of the things I was told. Once again, the original source is impeccable, even by ATS standards. Alas, the proof has left the building.

Edit to add how stupid I feel sometimes for using my real name, and I hope that the sunglasses and hat disguise me some.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
An academic perspective of Project Mogul?

I watched this video clip of a Berkeley university lecture about 2 months ago. It deals with the Physics of Waves, and to illustrate this point, Roswell was used. ( I am not sure if it has been shown before on ATS so excuse me if it has).

I found it interesting because it seems to fit in with the core 'non-alien' theme (weather balloons with top secret listening device attached), given the hype over the nuclear secrecy at the time and the verification of nuclear testing by the Russians (the Americans had already used two of theirs on Japan to devestating effect!). The Japanese had already tested using balloons during WW2 to carry bombs and chemical weapons across to the West coast of USA (AKA Balloon Bombs).[url=http://www.bookmice.net/darkchilde/japan/balloon.html]

There are three sub clips - I would advise to watch all three to gain a background on where the professor is coming from.

www.youtube.com...

2.www.youtube.com...

3. www.youtube.com...

Anyone seen these clips yet or have any opinions on them other than what's been discussed?

Brei.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Breifne]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Thanks, because I do love a good sarcastic remark.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 987931

and your point is what? just asking, as you went to the trouble of quoting me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join