It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protection agianst GPR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
A thought just crossed my mind whilst watching this vid:

How can someone protect a building or underground shelter agianst the Ground Penitrating Radar?
It sees through your walls, so how can you cloak your underground shelter from the "All Seeing Eye" in the sky?

(PS I think it would be good to arm ones self with and RPG when Martial Law errupts to take down one of these MoFos)

-Jimmy

[edit on 28-4-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think this is a serious issue guys, anyone have any ideas?

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Shape your building like the stealth fighter so the radar will not see it. its the only way that I know of.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
what about lining your home with lead, can it see through lead?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
no I don't believe it can see threw lead but it will show a big shape that might arouse some curiousoty. better to not be seen at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
very nice for you to raise such a topic. the only way i speculate that one can keep hiden from this is to understand the technology used in these blimps. then research anything that can be used to weaken the image that it may give. now angryamerican's idea sounds very therough. but i would think that if building a underground bunker the deeper u go the cooler your base would be, but im not sure if that would effect the image itself. also shaping it with acute angles could relfect. i will do more research soon. that was something i had not taken to consideration so thankyou.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
the best suggestion i can come up with is that if you think you're being scanned, lie flat on the ground, preferably in dense vegetation and don't move.

i don't know about resolution, or if they can detect vital signs, but i severely doubt it. movement otoh...

as for shelters, the deeper the better. not much of an option i know, so the best way not to get noticed would be to blend in, ie. use a natural cave, without frills. (*shivers*). if you knew the wavelength and had a sensor for it, you'd have ample of advance warning to take precautionary steps. such a receiver is probably hard to come by though and it would of course cost space and weight and probably require batteries.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I wonder what a faraday cage would do?

I agree that if you find something that blocks the scan, it will show up and be worthy of investigatin.

If you have your own land, you could spread out depots and pehaps create some decoys as well.

The radar can go pretty deep so building a shelter deep enough to evade it still be detectable. THe stairs, vent shafts and access points would easily be picked up .

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
How can someone protect a building or underground shelter agianst the Ground Penitrating Radar?
It sees through your walls, so how can you cloak your underground shelter from the "All Seeing Eye" in the sky?

The only way I can think of to account for disturbed earthwork and buried large objects is to site your bunker in a cemetary...plenty of large sections of granite from headstones to build with and anyone seeing you dig would assume that you are a gravedigger

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Thats an interesting idea. I still think it could be seen though. An above ground crypt couls also allw you to hide in plain sighte.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Lol, that is a good idea, but a funny one too. You could have a secret entrance to your underground shelter in a crypt.
I also thing that a radar detector or some sorta signal detector is a good idea too.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
As far as I know, GPR produces images that reveal disturbances in the subsurface ground's density/distribution, and they are not terribly "descriptive" images:

www.geo-sense.com...
www.naevageophysics.com...
www.soton.ac.uk...

I don't know how deep current technology permits it to scan, but I think its safe to say that at the present it only serves to detect possible sites of interest. Also, unlike regular radar, GPR reflects off of innumerable surfaces extending in a ray from the source of the energy pulse (all of the molecules of rock/sand beneath the GPR device), so if you were to put a structure atop the underground site, it should hypothetically distort the radar signature returned to the GPR device, as building materials have different energy-wave-reflectivity/refractivity than ground matter. You could also simply lay down a large subsurface (above your site) of highly "blocking" material. I don't know the specifics of GPR, so what may be highly effective in blocking regular radar may not work with GPR.

I personally don't believe that GPR is in extremely wide use as a detection tool, and even so, it is largely a line-of-sight technology, so unless a certain site is suspected to contain something of interest, it probably doesn't get scanned (this could change, obviously, if there were a massive population-roundup effort).

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

I watched an episode of 'Time Team' a few days ago where they regularly use GPR as part of their archaelogical site surveys. Apparerently, they have real difficulties if there are any remains of concrete foundations and can't scan through them to the ground below.

So the safest way to disguise your underground bunker would be to create a 'folly' of a ruined structure above ground that includes a reinforced concrete ground-floor plan and build your structure beneath that to be undetectable

new topics

top topics

join