It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US be in its final hours already?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I was sitting here, reading threads about the absurd oil costs across the country and I wondered if even an alternative fuel source was created, would we have enough time to stop the depression oil may cause? I just moved across country 2 days ago in my very economical honda accord (4 cyl) and it cost me 500 in just gas alone, and I think I was very lucky to only pay that. So given my recent personal battle with the petrol, I decided to start a thread showing the total economic collapse gas prices could cause.

Firstly, Food.Ethanol WILL become popular out of necessity to get places, regardless of the destruction bofuel could levy upon our farms. From this we will see large amounts of our cheap vegetables disappear in months. Not only that, but trucking companies will only deliver food to metropolises that can afford to pay for their spiking gas bills. Small towns like mine won't even be on their map, because while we may pay for it for a short while, we will soon run out of money due to other problems like the mortgage crisis.

Air Travel. The skies will soon be a lot less crowded. Gas prices have already jacked up tickets by 15-30%. Given the recent problems with the FAA, and some companies not even breaking even, I predict air costs to double sooner than later. Anything imported and exported by air will be massively affected. All forms of business will suffer due to travel cost, and the economy will slow further when the movers and shakers are only able to shake and not move (sorry for the lame pun). Air dates will fall off the map to keep the planes that are flying full of people.

Plastics. I suppose this is something that we will be affected by later. Petroleum is a big part of our plastics manufacturing, and when that already expensive medical equipment gets more expensive, expect problems. Look around your world and see all the plastic, well those items are all packing what could have been fueling your car.

Delivery. I guess I covered this a bit in food and air travel, but think about all the problems we would have if certain outsourced material became less available. Housing costs would skyrocket, medical supplies, military supplies, clothing, etc. This would put more pressure on the dollar and soon it will be even less worthy in the world (if that's possible).

I apologize for the doom and gloom, as I don't like to do that often, but what else can be done? I don't even want to get into what would happen if Iran decided to block our tankers from leaving the area and we blew one of their ships out of the water ($7-$8 a gallon anyone?). The problem, in my mind, can only be exacerbated and not improved without immediate withdrawal of troops from the ME and a quick leap towards solar and hydro-energy. But it may even be too late for that. And that means drilling our own land and places like Venezuela.

We've let oil become the cornerstone of our economy, and we didn't prepare ANYTHING to be done if it was ever taken away. I make a living by driving around in a gas-guzzling van and playing music in all the places where gas prices are the worst. I'm already poor and I feel like a tour this summer will be more of a charity event than anything I can feed myself with.

I started this thread so others could expound upon it. Please tell me where I am wrong, add to what I've offered, and maybe even provide me with some hope that this isn't the end of the world. I know that we could reverse this, but those in power don't seem to be too excited to help us out. Remember, these are just my opinions so if you have any hard fact to negate or support what I've said please do so.

Much Love,
SC

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Dont forget that as soon as we all get those stimulus checks the price of fuel will skyrocket so we are forced to put it right back into fuel. So that the Bush possie and all of his big oil investor buddies can suck more money out of the taxpayers.

LOL... looks like we're both in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVERRR!!! Prolly 'cause its out of gas...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Okay I will go first. I do not believe their is a shortage of anything. I believe the Federal Reserve was created to offset the Global Economy. Meanwhile as the US plunges into this Federal Reserve Mortgage Crisis disaster that had been planned for many years. There is no shortage of food. The only source of these outrageous claims comes from World Bankers and Globalists.

Global Warming is a natural cycle of the earth. The recent globl Warming campaign was meant to boost consumerism and ignorance to the real problems at hand.

The bees are getting killed because of toxins put tin the air with the intent of offsetting the earths ecological environment,, you take one thing out of the equation, such as bees and the rest dies off as well.

There is just no evidence that I have seen that there is a food crisis. I believe that was made up. Everything seems pretty ordinary around here.

All in all, this has been a plan in the works for many, many years.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
While the events you mention will undoubtedly cause pain and misery for most of us, I almost welcome them!

Such a crash would enable us to build new food and energy infrastructures from the ground up hopefully. We may be able to put into place a system befitting the 21st century.

There are few things that provide motivation to the degree that necessity does.

Necessity... its the mother of ingenuity.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Creedo

Ugh, those stimulus checks (while I personally welcome it) is just a slap in the face to every American. Its a sad sad attempt at gaining some sort of time to figure out what h can screw up next.

Haha, cool coincidence on the Farley reference. Indeed, my van is currently out of gas near a body of water.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I definitely agree with your point that it would allow the strong to survive, but is it worth becoming (in affect) a third world country in the process? Lots of death due to famine and disease. A complete collapse might give us control of our country again, or it could put us all in camps.. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
No, no! You misunderstood me.

I meant that we, as a species, would be able to create a new way of living due to the fact that the old way will be impossible.

For example, we may have more local grown produce and local power generation by renewable means instead of digging the liquified remains of prehistoric sea creatures and burning it to transport food around the world.

In effect, im saying that a collapse would be beneficial if looked upon as a demolition of an old building; which can then be replaced with a newer, better building.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Ah ok, sorry about the misunderstanding. I think that's a very good way to look at it, I just hope we have the means to build that new building in its place in the end.

Local sustainability will be absolutely necessary, but it would also make some places impossible to live in (because they depend so much on outsourcing their food, clothing, building material, etc).

We as a people need to develop the initiative to start this ideal scenario (ie replacing all that we are currently dependent on). If we can live without the simple luxuries we've developed, then yes, I would be very excited to see the collapse of the current system. Cynically, I don't give us that much credit, I need to see it to believe it.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So is this topic too general? No one has anything to say? Is it that you all agree or all think I am nutty?

Its a real worry for me and should be for everyone. Maybe this topic is overly discussed, but I think we should compile all the evidence and theoretical ends.

Or maybe the future is just too vague? I'll choose that one.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yes, I fear the US is in the final hours. But not by accident, this has been done by design. The US will become a third world country in the next five years.

You should check this out, seriously...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

There is just no evidence that I have seen that there is a food crisis. I believe that was made up. Everything seems pretty ordinary around here.

There is indeed a food shortage as well as an oil shortage, but not in the supply end.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I wish I shared your optimism. Unfortunately though, I don't. I think that the same people who are driving up these prices and creating these "shortages" will be the ones who will still retain their power after the rest of the system collapses.

If I believed that what was going on today wasn't engineered, then maybe I could believe that they would be just as impacted by the meltdown as the rest of us will be. I think that they have insulated themselves from the problem and they will be right there to pick up the pieces and ensure that we will all be VERY dependent upon them for survival as the rebuilding ensues. The solutions that they will present will allow them for sustained if not increasing power.

So, I don't see the "light at the end of the tunnel" in this situation.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yo, Santa, the future doesn't seem so much as vague as that what may be obvious.

It is coming down to a battle of religions and technology. The more religious Zealots get high-tech weapons, the more unstable the world becomes (Iran).

The more power-hungry NWO architects get richer, the more ignorant they become to those displacing their power (China over the US).

As Oil prices keep rising, this will continue to bring the US economy to its knees. The people most affected are the mainstream, the rich are making more money off it, while the poor start to graval.

America should be restored as America but may be to late. Those in power want to destroy it and become a Union. Each SuperPower (soon to be China) hava a very different version of how they think the NWO should be administrated.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Well, Santa, You're right. The way our economy is going this could very well be the illeged "Final Hours". I am glad that you pointed out that you have a Eco friendly Honda, and you, yourself are still having to pay quite a bit of money for Fuel alone. Nice thread... Lets hope that we can pull our heads out of our Glutes for ten minutes to figure something out to help ourselves... Before it is beyond to late.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

It is coming down to a battle of religions and technology. The more religious Zealots get high-tech weapons, the more unstable the world becomes (Iran).

Iran is not a threat because of their religion, they are a threat because they could drive the American economy into the ground overnight by selling cheap oil in Euros instead of Dollars.

They also happen to be one of very few nations left on the face of the Earth that does not have a central bank dominated by the Rothschilds. Another happens to be North Korea.

There will be a war with Iran very soon, but we'll shoot first. Just like we did in Iraq. The whole reason we went into Iraq was for their oil, and because they wouldn't buy our national debt.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It seems that Bio Fuels are the wave of the future, and with this wave, much of our grains will be being shipped over seas to become the next form of basic fuel for our nations.

Because of the huge boom we have created through outsourcing, the manufactures will also need our coal for electricity.

So, the cost of electricity, because we are sending it all over seas will make more and more massive shut off inevitable, which means more money for the family services and foster care through the state because when you have no electricity, you will have your children taken away.

More prison's will be needed because when you take away children from their parents, and place them within the system, both sides go through the dark night of the soul, and most never recover.

Basic staples will eventually get so ridiculous, people will be forced to use products like lard instead of canola or olive oils, and items like bread will become way too expensive to buy for the average family.

It is not that we are in a shortage, it is that the Government and the vested interests are again covertly taking advantage of the situation through implementing big agriculture to grow corn, rice and grains that are genetically enhanced, structurally modified so as to be unfit for human consumption.

It is not only third world countries on the downward spiral, it is not only Americans, it is world wide, and what affects one group of people no matter how big or small, it affects us all in the NWO.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Bio fuels and free energy have been around for years. It is pure propaganda. The government has known about this for more than a century. It is not causing a shortage in anything. It is a MONOPOLY. It is war!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So we do think this is "designed?"

I'm sorry, I just don't see how perpetuating the gap between middle and upper class could benefit even the rich in the end. The middle class are the ones who give the rich what they have. If we are forced to harvest for ourselves and we turn into some sort of distopia, then they get nothing from us. You better believe, if the economy crashes hard, I won't be paying taxes or worrying about my credit, I will make myself a nameless, homeless entity that won't be trackable without them planting something deep in my flesh.

But I digress. I am more convinced that there will be some help from outside countries.

Man, I am about to have a freakin panic attack. I've never had money problems til now, and I don't see how someone such as myself can better their situation in this country at this time. The dream is dead. People who do what they are passionate about will be lucky to get by (well unless you're passionate about medicine). Starving artists will no longer be starving, they'll be dead.

Anyone need an employee?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Your absolutely right. Thats why they have no power over us, unless you give it to them.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

They didn't care about the middle class when they crashed the stock market to start the Great Depression and WWII. They didn't care about the middle class when they crashed the London market after Waterloo, so that they could take control of it.

What do you think "they" got by bankrupting the US in 1933? Your ass! You are the private property of the recievers of that bankruptcy, and your mother agreed to it when she signed your birth certificate. And then you agreed to it when you didn't challeng it within 30 days of your eighteenth birthday. Sure, the plantation needs slaves, but do you really think they give a # about you? Especially when there are too many slaves to feed and defend yourself against if they ever found out what you were really up to?

EDIT to add: That last part is assuming of course that you're American. Not that it matter much. The details are different every country, but it all comes out the same, especially in Western society.

[edit on 4/29/0808 by jackinthebox]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join