It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally found the survival forum!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
YES! I'm so happy. I love SURVIVAL and LIFE and the will to LIVE!!! Woo Hoo!! I wrote a post in the General Conspiracies. Didn't really have many fans there but I didnt know there was a survival forum. I'm excited! So much knowledge...so little time!!! Anyway, I'll just cut and paste my post there and if an admin stumbles across it in the GC forum, by all means, delete it. Here it is...

Prepare to Survive!

I'm kind of a new member here at ats. I've been reading the site long before I signed up. It appears I can't really make any significant contribution to the vast amount of knowledge and research already posted on this site. But I would like to post a topic about an area where I do think I can help fellows out.

There is so much knowledge, whether true, false, or opinionated on this site that deals with all kinds of interesting things. It really gets the noodle cooking. Some theories I think are way too far fetched. Some theories I think are the gospel truth and should be more publicized. Lastly, I think a good majority of posts and topics contain a hint or a sliver of the truth, just enough to make you go hmmm. And I like that. Makes you ask yourself questions like what if?...and could that possibly be what happened? I'm a very factual and realistic person. I like things tangible. This leads me up to the meat and potatoes of my post. I like guns.

The bullet does not care, does not discriminate, nor does it judge. The underlying point of this whole site is to question and to be informed.

Whether coming ice age, apocolypse, new world order, or nuclear holocaust, I feel the need to be prepared. I don't know what the fate is of this country, world, or universe is right now. I do believe in God and I believe He will return one day but things have to get bad before they get better. So be it. The plan for spiritual preparedness has been written and is laid out for us but I won't harp on that. The will to live is what I want to preach about. I know for a fact I'm not the only one on this site who has a strong desire to defend himself and family. It could be from fire, ice, radiation or man. I hope people reply to this with ideas and experience about survival in dire times. Many books have been written about this and I encourage you to pick up a few.

A few favorite survival areas of mine are:
Firearms (protection and food)
Edible plants
Precious metal investing
Water purification

I hope you guys and gals get inspired and take measures to prepare yourself for the coming whatever. I'm willing to bet some of you are already armed to the teeth and ready for EVERYTHING lol. Tell us your story. Spread your wisdom. I hope I can help out in this area.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Glad to see another enthusiastic face in the survival boards.

Wecome!

You'll find quite a few knowlageable people on the forum here with expertise in quite a few different areas.

Here are a couple of good reads here on the board.

How to Defend Yourself on a Budget (the one that started the survival board)

AWOL Bag ddiscussion

Sometimes you need to filter through the chaff (ie posts by trolls and/or "wanting to be prepared means you want the world to end" people) to get to the good stuff, but there are very few threads on this board that you cannot get any good info on.

Again welcome to the board, hopefully we can share some new ideas!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
welcome aboard. glad to see another excited person. There is a huge amount of knowledge collected here. I know it will take a while but honestly I would start from the beginning. you will be amazed to see the growth of the members and there ideas. once again welcome

new topics

join