It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN: No More Barbie Dolls Allowed!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

IRAN: No More Barbie Dolls Allowed!!

www.msnbc.msn.com

TEHRAN, Iran - A top Iranian judiciary official warned Monday against the "destructive" cultural and social consequences of importing Barbie dolls and other Western toys.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
That's not right. The kids will be sad. Now they have to go back playing with dolls made out of sticks...... Everyone should have a right on what to buy even if it has plastic boobs.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Its a good thing they are getting a grip on this horrible problem.
If it wasn't for those darn Barbie's they would have been able to get control of their country a long time ago.

The Barbie's set a bad example of how free we Westerners are and how beautiful our women look with a little support and encouragement.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

The Barbie's set a bad example of how free we Westerners are and how beautiful our women look with a little support and encouragement.

Hey now! Not all of us need the help of surgeons.

I feel for the people of Iran. I am just very glad I was born in a country that will allow me to play with my barbies....and look like one if I wanted to. LOL

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

there is nothing wrong with those dolls. iran is trying to place sanctions on the usa and other places that are trying to bring that country down.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Nobody does that to Barbie........NOBODY!!!!!

Thank God we have a President like George Bush who has the balls to put a stop to this madness!

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What about the ken dolls will they get rid of those too?
Will Ken be alone to do his shenanigans all by himself??

This is an outrage!!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

This is an outrage!!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

I know,I was being sarcastic. You can tell because of the smiley winking at you at the end of my post.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushidomason

This is an outrage!!

No, they will probably keep the Ken dolls because they arent even anatomically correct. The Ken dolls are actually "it" dolls

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I didnt see that part.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I guess Iran is going to turn gay......no offense to anyone

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
But Iran said they have no gays. Just the ones they put on the end of cranes that is.

Anyway, this is just another example of the mullahs trying to tighten their control of Iran.

The best thing the US could do would be to ignore this and make overtures to Iran's govt to normalize relations. I honestly don't think the mullahs would know what to do if the US completely reversed there course of action towards Iran at this time.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Bet they keep the J.I. Joe dolls too -- they at least promote war.
and get the boys all fired up about it.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
No Iran says no more western toys at all. Iran is trying to sanction the western countries by not allowing western toys into the country.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh no, they're on to us!

They should bring out their own Ahmidinejad-like Ken doll: all the clothing accessories would be the same after dinner jackets.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Matell and other toy companies probably wont care since that only has to deal a small country and every where else in the world everyone is buying their product.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
For all the decadence of the west, why is Iran looking at sending their Mens national team to the US for training?

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

Iran reportedly considering U.S. training invitation
The Iranian Football Federation is considering a 10 day training camp in the U.S., after being approached by the L.A. Blues company.

According to Mehdi Taj, the deputy in chief of the IFF, an official invitation was received from the U.S. on Saturday.

The IFF has passed the invitation to the national team committee, and the head coach of Iran, Ali Daei, who will make the decision.

Additionally, a final approval is needed by Iran's Physical Education Organization.

"If touring the U.S. is approved by the National Teams Committee and Ali Daei, and the International Council of Physical Training Organization accordingly, the tour will take place from June 23 to July 3 this year" Taj said, according to Iransportspress.com.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti us gov
Now they have to go back playing with dolls made out of sticks

I hope your kidding...
or do I need to show you that they arent as backward as some ignorant minds belive.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Has anyone here actually looked up the history of Barbie dolls? The creator got the idea from the dolls European men used to bring on dates, and if the woman accepted the doll, it meant that she was ready for sex.

<<   2 >>

join