It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for someone to make me a forum!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hello my friends at ATS!

I am currently looking for someone to make me a forum! I need it for my website called Seekers Of The Truth!

It is a website dedicated to finding out the truth.

It is in no way in competition with ATS and is a personal thing.

If anyone can help me please message me either here or pm me!

Preferably phpbb.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk
It is a website dedicated to finding out the truth.

I'll make you one but it must be totally dedicated to Robert DeNiro.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
ahahahha nice one!

Ugh.

i am in need of one tho.

All the free ones have limitations.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Chances are nobody will help you make a forum... They are complicated enough it would cost you a lot of money to have one made... Why don't you run a search on google for ones that are already made... Not as spendy and already setup, all you need to do is edit it a bit to fit your site... I'd help you find one, but I'm being too lazy right now... good luck..

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
php is a pretty good forum, my own forum is run on YABB (free) and the latest version is so much nicer than the old one i had up until a week ago.

i screwed up my YABB forum when updating it, and one of the mod's on the YABB support forum was extremely nice and updated my forum, fixed it and added some new add-ons. there was so many friendly users offering to help me by taking a loot at it.. thats a huge bonus if you ask me.

Vbulletin is the best forum ive ever used from an admin AND user perspective though. its extremely stable + user friendly.

[edit on 29/4/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Maybe you can help me set up a yabb forum? I am new to all this and don't understand how to install it to your website! I have a hosting company just need to know how to install it

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I was a manager on XMB for a few months until I got completely ganked by the owners. Was on the support team for years too. I could probably set you up with stuff XMB wise, but that'd cost you.

You got a host or anything? Pointless to start a forum on a host that is a freebie IMO, they're slow and a waste of time.

Look me up if you need some help with installing after you get the hosting/domain squared away.

[edit on 30.4.2008 by Shugo]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Ok cheers!

I will have a look for cheap hosting companies and see what i can do!

I have an idea of what to do but i get realy confused with computers

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk
I will have a look for cheap hosting companies and see what i can do!

I use Webster Network for hosting, they're pretty reliable, and keep good care of the servers. Haven't had any problems thus far.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Ok i have i have no need to set one up now!

Thanks alot guys for trying to help me especially shugo!

This is what my site looks like:

SEEKERS OF THE TRUTH

I used a socail networking site!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Yea it looks good!
But one criticism no one over 15 is going to take it seriously if you spell yOuR nAmE LikE DIss.
I realise you only have your name like that.But whenever i see someone with writing like that i will magically not notice them anymore.Trust me if you want people to take you seriously change that.It may seem trivial and insignificant to you but it screams out teenybopper to anyone over 20 thus no one will try engage you in a proper conversation.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Yea it looks good!
But one criticism no one over 15 is going to take it seriously if you spell yOuR nAmE LikE DIss.
I realise you only have your name like that.But whenever i see someone with writing like that i will magically not notice them anymore.Trust me if you want people to take you seriously change that.It may seem trivial and insignificant to you but it screams out teenybopper to anyone over 20 thus no one will try engage you in a proper conversation.

Excuse me...

I have my name like that because i want it to look like that, and i have you know that no one cares to be honest... Its just a name...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Dude if you cant take a little criticism than give up now so your feelings don't get hurt later down the track when someone is really rude about it.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Dude if you cant take a little criticism than give up now so your feelings don't get hurt later down the track when someone is really rude about it.

What are you talking about? I don't mind criticism as i am a singer / songwriter and i get it alot! However you are something different you are stuck up and aragont! You say i am a kid take a look in the mirror.

Im not turning this thread into some sort of flame war!

I need this thread *Closed*

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Look; To answer your question; Go to your CPanel & Install a forum. - I use SMF, but use whatever you find is best for you. It's SO easy to install. - Just give it a directory & hit the install button.

top topics

join