It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA and Euthanasia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

PETA and Euthanasia

www.newsweek.com

Since 1998 PETA has killed more than 17,000 animals, nearly 85 percent of all those it has rescued. Dalmatians may no longer be the breed of the day, but the problem of unwanted and abandoned pets is as urgent as ever. Shelters around the country kill 4 million animals every year; by some estimates, more than 80 percent of them are healthy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title - to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 28-4-2008 by anti us gov]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
PETA doesn't help it creates problems.

www.newsweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title - to same as source]

[edit on 28-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
PETA
People who Eat Tastey Animals

i have never been very fond of PETA myself

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

Didn't PETA throw blood on people, or was that someone else?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

you know i herd that too, but i really couldn't say
but hey whatever floats their boat know what i mean?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason
[more

yea i know what you mean. i think they threw it on people who were wearing fur coats or something.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
PETA used to serve a purpose, it's gone the way of the dinosaur though. What they did in the past had merit. Now they are just trying to wage a war that they've already won. It's all nice to be an activist but when you have to break your own tradition just to remain relevant it's time to hang up the skates.

Example? The Harp seal hunt. They would rather see the cull ended than they would see seals dying slowly from starvation due to their proliferation. This cause is a HUGE money maker for them.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Im starting to think that they don't care about animals anymore and only care about money and Pamela Anderson.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Lets kill 85% of PETA members and see if they still like the idea...

It's not over population, it's laziness and not wanting to spend some money on looking after animals.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by umbr45
Lets kill 85% of PETA members and see if they still like the idea...

It's not over population, it's laziness and not wanting to spend some money on looking after animals.

I agree, lets see if PETA likes it when they start dying. or better yet put them into cages and let the animals just watch over them. and hardly take care of PETA and not feed them.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is very old news about PETA. They are corrupt.

Everytime in a town, they try to get a Breed-Specific-Legislation going, PETA comes straight into town and helps to get breeds of dogs banned.
It is infuriating >=(

PETA thinks that pets should not exist. I would find a source, but I am lazy. They truly believe that animals in captivity is cruelty, and works hard to get Pitbulls and other breeds banned in any county where the subject comes up. They think that pet animals should not exist, we should not eat meat. Awfully hypocritical, when most of THEM have pets.

The dog thing, makes them an enemy of us all. BAN STUPID PEOPLE, leave the dogs alone.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I find that point rather amusing. They want animals to have a good life supposedly, yet they want them all out on the streets, not in our house.

Which is why they said they were having the animals put down in the first place because people did not want them.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
And there was me hoping the thread title meant that all Peta members were going to do the wildlife of planet Earth a favour and all jump off a cliff .....

new topics

top topics

join