It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know anything about helicopters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Need some help here....I work from home and was sitting at my computer at around 3pm this afternoon when the windows and doors started to vibrate. It sort of sounded like an aircraft of some sort, so I began looking out the front windows when I noticed a helicopter coming in the direction of my house from the north. The closer it got to my house the louder the vibrate became. The sound of this helicpoter was something I have never heard before. VERY loud and it almost was a humming sound. The helicopter flew right over my house and I got a good look at it, it had no markings, the color was grey with very tinted windows. I could have thrown a rock at this helicopter, I swear. There is two things that have struck me as REALLY weird..the first thing is at the top of the helicopter where the blades are there were missiles or huge tanks or something, the second thing was, I live less than 2miles to the Smoky Mountains National Park and I think there is a law that prohibits aircraft flying 8 miles near the National Park. I am very interested in what that was if anybody could help me.
If I hear it or see it agian I will try to take a picture or record the sound. Anyone have any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sound like a jet powered sykorski. They make your fillings rattle. Metro life flight here in Cleveland use them.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I live right next to Davis Monthan Air Force base and its a daily occurrence that my windows and walls are rattled by those damn things. If I didnt know any better, I would think this was a war zone, low flying helicopters and all kinds of planes almost 24/7!

Just be happy they don't wake you up at night!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This isn't some random helicopter. This is a BLACK HELICOPTER. They're not always black but they are said to have NO MARKS WHATSOEVER. They have been reported to fly low.

They are linked to the MEN IN BLACK. These 'people' are black, robotic, monotone individuals who tell people who witness them to be quiet or they'd have to wipe his/her memory. Sounds like the government to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Here's a Sikorsky Sea Stallion. Did it look anything like this? Thanks to JPM for the name.

Sikorsky Sea Stallion

[edit on 4/28/2008 by Solarskye]

[edit on 4/28/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Solarskye...ty, it looked just like that but I didnt see any numbers. Why do you think they would come into this area? My husbands family has lived in this area their whole life and I have heard from some of them before that they have seen aircraft come out of the mountains. I am so excited about what I saw today. I dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing

[edit on 28-4-2008 by GuessWhat8]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

he MH-53M Pave Low IV helicopters in Air Force Special Operations Squadrons are the same Super Jolly Green Giants first sent to Vietnam in 1967. The re-skinned, re-bladed and thoroughly refurbished aircraft have night/adverse weather capability, integrated aircraft survivability equipment, and digital connectivity.

The Air Force is acquiring 50 CV-22 Ospreys to replace its fleet of MH-53J Pave Low helicopters used to insert and extract special operations forces from hostile areas. The Osprey can cruise at 230 knots, and has a two times greater speed, range and payload than the MH-53J.

The MH-53 helicopter fleet is a Low Density/High Demand (LD/HD) asset used to deliver Special Forces into their objective areas. Current and projected worldwide tasks require increasing the fleet size. Air Force Special Operations Command has modernized 25 of the 38 Pave Low IIIEs to the MH-53M Pave Low IV configuration. As of January 2002 the Air Force inventory was 13 MH-53J and 25 MH-53M. HQ-USSOCOM and HQ AFSOC provided funding for conversion of two MH-53J model aircraft to the MH-53M. Warner Robins Air Logistics Center managed the conversions, to be completed by May 2002.

The lack of markings and the dark paint job immediately had me suspecting that it was probably a Special Operations craft.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
All military helicopters are marked, even SOF helicopters. But they use a low visibility paint, so that it doesn't stand out and scream target to anyone in a combat zone that might be shooting at them. Even from up close sometimes it's extremely hard to read. Unless it's parked on the ground, and you're right near it, or the sun hits it just right, you aren't going to be able to see the markings.

Here are a few examples:

Warning, very large picture.

Left side of the picture, you can see part of the "USAF" and tail number:

UH-60 Blackhawk, notice how dark the US Army is on the tail boom:

UH-60 again, the tail boom has the United States Army on it, but you have to look EXTREMELY hard to see it.

All military helicopters are marked, it's required by FAA and military regulations. They have the service name, and their tail/serial number on them. But nothing says they have to be painted so that you can notice it from a distance. It just has to be there.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Its nice of you to post those photos. In fact, I have never seen visible markings on the helicopters that fly over my house daily, and I do look for them. (im sure they are marked, or im in trouble!) I cannot assume all these heli's are men in black.

If there is any helicopter you should be worried about, its these: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Um you guys do know that more then half your pictures your showing with links hardly even look like the described helo this gentleman is talking about right? Anyways wouldn't surprise me if its some sort of black project.

-Mr.x211

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Uh, you do realize that the first two pictures I showed were both MH-53s, which WERE the type of helicopter he saw right? The other two were merely to show the low visibility markings that all military helicopters use.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Seriously though, I live by a major naval base, and from time to time I see military helicopters, and I can't ever remember being able to see any markings on them. I can see the markings when I'm close and they're on the ground, but against the brightness of the sky, I can never make out the markings. It's probably the contrast.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Maybe it was one of these:

karemaircraft.com...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
So, you got one of those low, flying boogers over your home, too? Ours was 2:55AM a few days ago, by the way. I'd guess you've been buzzed by a BLACK HELICOPTER, too.

Of course, it's hard to guess what that 'unidentified flying object' could possibily be without visual and/or audio 'proof' from you.

new topics

top topics

join