It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Converting a lawn mower into a generator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
For those of you want a backup power source, and have more time than money, here's a nifty little article on how to convert an old push mower into an emergency generator. It's not very pretty, and it only puts out about 560 watts, but that will keep lights and other small appliance running in a pinch.

Article

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
thats really interesting. I happen to have 3 push lawn mowers and 1 riding lawn mower ( I have alot of land). Im considering sacrificing one of my push mowers to see just how well this actually works. I also know of a guy down the street from me who is willing to give me his old riding lawn mower for free. If it still runs I might tinker with it to see if I can make a generator out of it. I dont know all that much about generators but im guessing that a riding lawnmower would make a better stronger generator than a push mower.

By the way, Star and Flag.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Very interesting thread Lloyd. A coworker/biomed/sligtly eccentric
at work told me about a guy he knew who raced cars on the strip in his off time. Had made himself an ultra quick generator using a 3hp weedwhacker. Been many years, can't remember the specifics. But I think it was used for fast recharge of cars batteries.
Starred flagged, would be nice to sit back with a nice book without a flashlight or a candle when the shtf.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Cool.

Now combine that with this somehow and that would be brilliant...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

new topics

top topics

join