It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration reform now a congres religious fight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am now in the government hit list?

Well I just got my first official letter from the United States Congress, addressed to me and delivered to my door step.

Now how did I got this honor?

Well since I been in ATS I have been very critical of our Government, I joined the congress.org and every time I get a flag on a new bill I post my comments and E-mail my representatives, also I made sure that my letters are posted to the congress comments board.

Well everybody knows how out spoken I am on the government so the way I post here in ATS I do with my letters.

One month ago I noticed that the E-mails to me from my letters to Congress were more personal and started to address me personally.

Nothing to worry about, but they were not as generic as the ones I had before.

Then my husband and me were hit by an audit a month ago without even been told that we have to be present.

They came out with an amount that we actually didn’t own at all, this prompted my husband to seek a lawyer, we were audited for 8 years of taxes on the state and the bill was reduced and the tax matter settler.

Now I got my first official letter with a very fancy header of congress in response of my latest E-mail about immigration.

The letter quote this part of the bible in it and starts like this,

In addition, its imperative that Immigration Reform is in accordance with our Judeo-Christian values. Leviticus 19:34 admonishes us that “ the alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizens among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the lord your God.” Exodus 22:21 “You should not do wrong oppress a resident alien, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.” Luke 10:30-37 gives us the example of the Good Samaritan, and in Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus himself instructs us to love our neighbors as ourselves. Galatians 3:28 reminds us “There is neither Jew or Greek there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor Female:for ye are all one in Christ Jesus”

And it ends with Surely we must be true to our values as comprehensive immigration reform proceeds through Congress this year.

Now can anybody tell me what in the hell this people are talking about? So our congress immigration reform is gong to be bases on the bible?
I don’t get it.

join