It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia HB89 CCW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hey guys. If you happen to live in Georgia as I do you are probably aware HB89 and how it goes into effect in June. So long as Sonny doesn't veto the bill that is. This is great news and a great year for gun owners. We can carry and protect ourselves and not have to worry about the ridiculous vagueness of the old laws about not being in certain proximity to a parking lot or bus stop and getting arrested.

Here is a video of our less than bright mayor, Shirley Franklin. She either didn't read the bill, didn't understand what she read, or she cannot read. Probably the latter. She spouts off so much misinformation about the new concealed carry bill it's mind boggling.

They start to paint legal gun owners as terrorists and state that we would be better off with just the criminals having guns and the citizens being defenseless. They seem to be under the incredibly stupid belief that terrorists, robbers, murderers, rapists, dregs of society would be law abiding citizens when it comes to possessing a gun. That if we outlawed terrorism then suddenly terrorists would stop committing it. That's the message isn't it? Make it illegal and you'll have those who you don't want having guns with them and those who can prove they are responsible with them to not have them. It's just amazing to me because I will never understand that line of thinking.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have been eagerly watching this and emailing/calling Sonny weekly to make sure this does not get veto'd.

I carry daily and would love nothing more than to be able to carry more places that I feel are more deserving of having a firearm at my side....MARTA being one of them.

I am a member of GCO and get updates weekly on this and other news for GFL holders and members alike.

If anyone else is in GA please call and write Sonny to make sure he listens to the people who want to keep the right to defend themselves, families and home, and not listen to the fools that have no idea what they are talking about.

If more people carried guns there would be a lot less crime. I love Kennesaw, GA.....you have to own a firearm!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yes my husband carry also and he was very happy with new bill and many other people we know that are gun owners here in Ga.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well....it is headed in the right direction, but do not be confused....until Sonny passes this bill all the areas mentioned in it are still off limits for carry. We will have to wait a while to find out the true outcome.

Fingers crossed!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
ok, let me get this straight, if vetoed by perdue, i will not be able to tote my gun w/me in my vehicle to work because i am parked on company property which is considered "private property?" Isn't my vehicle considered "private property?" How would the company know I tote a gun in my vehicle?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here is a link to the bill itself. Take a look, get familiar with it, call/email/write Gov. Perdue and lets get this thing SIGNED!

www.legis.state.ga.us...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yep. I've emailed a few times and get the standard auto-response. I think he knows a lot of Georgians are very for this bill but we can't stop contacting his office until this goes through.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Woooohooooo! He signed! Looks like it will go into effect July 1st! Congrats Georgia on getting with the times!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am very happy with the bill, but as usual he screw us up with the insurance one that was attached to the gun one.

Insurance now can raise fees without monitoring by the state.

Perdue is nothing more than another corporate butt kisser.

top topics

join