It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emissions irrelevant to future climate change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I found this article, information released yesterday to the public through ErekAlert.com and it seems to have quite a valid point with its research.

I am fully aware that we can never know 100% what will happen to our planet from the effects of pollution, but these scientists seem to theorize about the saturation point peak and the resulting decrease.

In their models, Mokhov and Eliseev found that although climate–carbon cycle feedback grows initially, it then peaks and eventually decreases to a point where the feedback ceases. If we succeed in slowing down the rate of emissions, the peak would be reached much later. However, a steep increase in emissions would bring the peak in coupling between climate and carbon emissions even closer.

It would seem that they believe that after saturation point there would be a resulting decrease, and also that saturation point is inevitable.

Do we sit back and wait, bringing about the decrease sooner or should we still be trying to do something about it?

Please read the full article, it is brief but has more detail to back up the argument.

Regards S_G

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
that's nice, i've been sounding like a broken recored through 2007, see

f-ex.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and i kept rambling about saturation....

let's hope you'll have more luck

join