It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the internet collapsed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I didn't have internet for 2 weeks when moving out and I was in a foul mood. I'm only just turned 20 and still live with my parents (c'mon I can't afford moving out just yet).

I was pacing up and down my house, I couldn't sit still. I used to go to bed after 12am while browsing, now I went to bed around 7:30 because I was so bored. I had fights with my parents because I kept bugging them..

Me yelling at my mum-"If we didn't move out, we'll still have the internet!". etc.

Loosing the internet for 2 weeks was worse than loosing my car for 3 months because of transmission damage (didn't have money at the time to fix).

I grew up with the internet. I was using it since in primary school. I remember using proxies and using my teachers admin passwords to browse blocked sites.

I can't imagine a world without the internet, I don't want to. It's a high possibility I'd suicide within 3 months.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think If the internet collapsed I'd go crazy with withdrawal; they'd have to open new facilities for people like me who just can't live without our connection!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My wireless went down for about 5min or so last night. I was going to go on a rampage.
Seriously, then we would have to trust, or at least listen to what the news networks fed us.

<< 1  2   >>

join