It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonexistent coordinates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I keep on getting work units that have coordinates that don't exist. Like the one I have now says it's 42 hrs 19' 48" RA + 17 deg 37' 12" dec. What the heck? I can't log where it is on my star map because it's wrong. I emailed seti@home, but never got a response and every single workload I've gotten in the past 2 months or so has nonexistent coordinates. Is anybody else having this problem?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by worshipthemoon
I keep on getting work units that have coordinates that don't exist. Like the one I have now says it's 42 hrs 19' 48" RA + 17 deg 37' 12" dec. What the heck? I can't log where it is on my star map because it's wrong. I emailed seti@home, but never got a response and every single workload I've gotten in the past 2 months or so has nonexistent coordinates. Is anybody else having this problem?

Hi worshipthemoon!!

I've never noticed this before, I must admit... Whenever I've looked (which I don't always do, especially for WU's completed during the "night time" when I'm sleeping!!) I've not noticed this non-existent RA/ Dec set of co-ordinates being present??

Where are you getting the data from - from SETI@home sys tray icon itself or from one of the add ons like SETI Spy (if you haven't installed this, it's worth it, as you get a "sky map" facility as well).?

Sorry I can't help at all - I'll try to pay more attention in the future to *where* my WU's are supposed to be coming from!!

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genya

Where are you getting the data from - from SETI@home sys tray icon itself or from one of the add ons like SETI Spy (if you haven't installed this, it's worth it, as you get a "sky map" facility as well).?

The coordinates I'm referring to are the ones shown under "Data Info" on the seti@home program screen itself, but I keep track of them with Seti logger which has a sky map. The work unit I have right now has an existing coordinate, but I had 5 in a row that had a listed coordinate of more than 24 hrs RA.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hi wtm!!

How strange

I really have no idea on this one, but perhaps you can log your problem via the SETI@home feedback form found here ?

Good luck - please report any replies you receive back to us. Thanx!!

new topics

top topics

join