It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Times: "Barack Obama Still Takes in Oil Money"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
....straight lying on the campaign trail/trial(s). BO has people fooled, seriously, especially when his recent commercials speak of gas prices that were future(s) amounts, '...paying $3.50 a gallon' before those were (since surpassed*) the national average amounts.

I have many reasons why NOT to vote for this guy, this is one of them, and I don't even own a car. I've been noticing an increase in 'worrying' threads over the imminent price of gas.

Sen. Barack Obama continued accepting donations from oil company executives and employees last month even as he aired ads in which he stated he took no oil company money, his campaign finance reports show.

Obama has taken at least $263,000 from oil company executives, family members and employees since entering the presidential race last year, including $46,000 last month. At least $140,000 has come in chunks of between $1,000 and $2,300, the maximum permitted under federal law.

www.latimes.com...

(*AP: 'Gas hits $3.60 a gallon, oil nears $120 per barrel,' 4/28/08)

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Oil money. Same crap with a different wrapper. What makes matter worse is he is using the brothers with all his lies and bs yet he will give them more of the same thing.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
....the article is contradictory to BO's supposed 'platform.' Furthermore:

"Since the gas lines of the '70s, Democrats and Republicans have talked about energy independence but nothing's changed -- except now Exxon's making $40 billion a year and we're paying $3.50 for gas. I'm Barack Obama. I don't take money from oil companies or Washington lobbyists, and I won't let them block change anymore," says the spot, which aired as recently as April 8.

A 1907 federal law bars all corporations from giving money to political candidates. However, oil company employees can make donations.

As the ad aired, Obama took $12,400 from oil company executives and employees in increments of $1k or more. Altogether, people who identify themselves as working for oil and gas companies donated $46k in March.

Clinton has taken $336k from oil company executives and employees since entering the presidential race, including $27k in March. McCain took $41k last month, for a total of $445k.

www.latimes.com...

[edit on 28-4-2008 by anhinga]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
....on the update -- figured to cross-reference this story:

"Obama Takes Heat for Opposing Gas Tax Holiday"

[edit on 2-5-2008 by anhinga]

top topics

join