It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas May Soon Cost a Sawbuck ($10 per Gallon) : NY Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Gas May Soon Cost a Sawbuck ($10 per Gallon) : NY Sun

www.nysun.com

The forecasts calling for a jump to between $7 and $10 a gallon are based on the view that the price of crude is on its way to $200 in two to three years.

Translating this price into dollars and cents at the gas pump, one of our forecasters, the chairman of Houston-based Dune Energy, Alan Gaines, sees gas rising to $7–$8 a gallon. The other, a commodities tracker at Weiss Research in Jupiter, Fla., Sean Brodrick, projects a range of $8 to $10 a gallon.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
With the ridiculous greed taking place at all levels of the oil market, I don't doubt these estimates. Couple that with the ever-idiotic policies of the fraudulent FED dismantling our dollar and driving inflation into the stratosphere, and the perfect recipe for disaster is firmly being set into place...Time to invest in a good bicycle...

That’s the message from a couple of analytical energy industry trackers, both of whom, based on the surging oil prices, see considerably more pain at the pump than most drivers realize.

Gasoline nationally is in an accelerated upswing, having jumped to $3.58 a gallon from $3.50 in just the past week. In some parts of the country, including New York City and the West Coast, gas is already sporting a price tag above $4 a gallon.

www.nysun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If that is what it takes to force the development of alternatives then so be it.
We are way past the point where we should have developed alternative energy sources already, but the "affordability" of the current product weakened our will. Its going to be really painful for awhile, but apparently people just aren't willing to do what is right before it hurts not to.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Around $120 a barrel now... I heard from a '50/50' source that some oil companies already inked deals for $150/barrel for the end of May.

2-3 years to get to $200/barrel? Not at the rate we've been on... more like 2-3 months... bastards!!

And that 'bastards' is directed at the damn Fed and the massive amount of money printed and placed into circulation in this past year. There's the problem... our now nearly worthless dollar.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You know I would not be surprised if gas jumps to $10 a gallon. I would be very pissed off, but not surprised. There would be a majority of Americans who could not afford to use their cars anymore, and probably riots.

Why aren't we using electric cars by now? Its completely ridiculous. Or at least biodiesel...

A few other stories:

Gas could hit $10 a gallon

Survey: How will $10 per gallon gas prices affect you?

This is an article back from 2004: Why you may pay $10 a gallon for gas

It surely doesn't help when the US dollar is linked to oil. The petrodollar is driving our economy into the crapper, while at the same time, increasing the price of oil.

Read up on the deal we made with the Saudis in the 1970s after the oil embargo. Its rather frightening to think we screwed ourselves over in this case, but true.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This news is linked to an article that refers to US warning Iran and a possible bombing of US on Iran.

Back in February Iran open its Oil Boursetopped with the devaluation of the dollar because of the fed in the US this steadily will bring US to its knees economically.

Behind the scenes we have seen our government starting its well known road path to war with Iran.

Many analyst believe that before Bush is out of the white house he will have Iran bombed.

And Iran in retaliation will take care of the Gulf oil traffic.

Yes I think that due to this events we may see a crisis in the future 10 dollars is not far from reaching.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

The common misconception is that alternative energy is more expensive. Its the same price or cheaper as compared to petroleum, however, thanks to our big government, oil is SUBSIDIZED.

Without those subsidies, the prices would be about equal. If the government switched from subsidizing oil to solar or wind we'd have no problem producing enough electricity for the entire nation. Then we would be able to use electric cars.

We would be a zero emission country (automobiles anyway). I'm sure we could create technology to allow planes to be rechargeable. The inventor of the lithium ion battery cell/pack was the person to invent batteries for automobiles. The Ford EV1 was given a poor quality battery, not the one this man invented, and turns out they were having problems with it.

I think his name is Lishinkski, but I cannot remember exactly. He is an older man, and a great inventor. He also has his own company.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Thanks for spreading the truth. The U.S. military is busy torturing & killing foreigners while their own people are suffering in America because the greedy bastards, who rule over them (us) habitually play with the price of gas, food, and other natural resources.

We must get our people armed & become an army of one: Patriot-community. As a strong community, we cannot be moved or defeated so easily. We will overcome this "recession" (and great depression).

top topics

join