It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist? I think not.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The Democrates prove to be a mighty foe yet again with pleasant name calling.

U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Uh, well it's true. I'm sure if Haiti was full of a white people, we'd be down there double time...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
What are you talking about. The U.S. has been down there messin around in the politics along with the OAS since 1915 albeit we haven't done a good job.

I do think we should go down there, take over, establish a government and make it a territory much like Puero Rico is now.

I'm not really for imperialism, but that would be worlds better than what they'ev got now.

But the point is that it was stupid to say that they are racist.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Quite funny. If the USA goes "in" people start bashing the USA because they do.

They don't - they are bashed as well because they don't want to go in.

I am with the US government on this issue - Haiti is located in a healthy environment and with a correct leadership there would be no need for help(like in some african countries) - so as I guess there are a lot of adults in Haiti it would be there turn to get this country started

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
She should resign immediately because of her intolerant, bigoted remarks about "A bunch of white men" that "all look the same to me". These types of comments are divisive and hateful.

Imagine the outcry and consequences if a white man had made similar remarks. She would no doubt be leading the charge for him to resign.

john

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

She should resign immediately because of her intolerant, bigoted remarks about "A bunch of white men" that "all look the same to me". These types of comments are divisive and hateful.

Imagine the outcry and consequences if a white man had made similar remarks. She would no doubt be leading the charge for him to resign.

You are EXACTLY correct.... Yet another shining of the double standard in racism... One can only be a racist if they are white, otherwise, it's simply an "emotional moment".....

Pathetic...

I've seen LESS racist comments from

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about, but Haiti is getting hot.

Some are claiming now that Bush is actually sponsoring (or at least prodding) the rebels! THEN after they win, will go in and crush them.

Kind of like waiting until everyone kills each other before cleaning up.

Maybe Al Sharpton will get killed in the process. He's going to try and stop this.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Read the link, and check out her racist comments...

Oh wait, she's black, so she can't be a racist....she was having an emotional moment.....

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me one bit that "some" are already tying Bush into this in some negative way. What else would you expect? Don't you know that Bush is the Great Satan, responsible for everything that goes wrong in this world? Dammit, it's too cold to wash my car today. It's HIS fault, a result of his dismal record on the environment! Somehow, his policies caused the weather to be bad because of clouds in Colorado or whatever. I'm not sure, the details don't matter anyway..it's stiil HIS FAULT.

I certainly hope Al Sharpton doesn't get killed by stepping in, or going down there....he's a one of a kind character, and I'd miss him, even though I rarely agree with him. One funny dude!

john

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Bush is the great Satan, look at what he did with that failed coup in Venezuela. The congresswoamn should make a formal apology tho.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
It doesn't surprise me one bit that "some" are already tying Bush into this in some negative way. What else would you expect? Don't you know that Bush is the Great Satan, responsible for everything that goes wrong in this world? Dammit, it's too cold to wash my car today. It's HIS fault, a result of his dismal record on the environment! Somehow, his policies caused the weather to be bad because of clouds in Colorado or whatever. I'm not sure, the details don't matter anyway..it's stiil HIS FAULT.

Um right. The President of the United States, the most powerful man in the world and self appointed policeman to rogue nations everywhere should ONLY get involved when oil is at stake. Heaven forbid a nation a few hundred miles off the coast of Florida. No, no, no...by all means, let that simmer to boil and allow rebels to kill a democratically elected President just because the conservatives dont like him.

Are you freaking insane? You think Bush isn't tied to a freaking coup in his own backyard? Whatever. Apologist whiner. I'll weave your wittle Bushiepoo awone now.

I'm getting increasingly disgusted with Bush lovers around here in the face of what the hell is going on in this hemisphere. My new motto is DENY REPUBLICANS.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Lol, just change it to DENY SHEEP in general. Anyone who follows a person or their party blindly deserves "denyance".(heh, a new word)

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

john

Beautifully stated..............
I second that motion

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ok, you're right on that double standard issue. But, Ireally think she just too emotional for her cause in Hait.

Hey, Trooper.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Rant

You are a classic example of what I said. Thanks for making my point even stronger.

You throw out a silly "Some have said" allegation with no facts to back it up. Nothing but your own childish emotion behind it. And you hate "Bush lovers". And you expect those who do not agree with you, to be quiet. You only want to hear from like-minded people who are too lazy to think, and want to blame everything on Big Bad Bush.

You are a child. Bush is your daddy, and you hate your father. It is causing psychological strife in your delicate little ego. So you blindly lash out at the world.

john

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Even the sissy's in France are not supporting Aristide,
news.xinhuanet.com...
washingtontimes.com...
www.reuters.com...
www.ctv.ca...
So lets hear all you Bush bashers jump on the bandwagon and start criticizing France's position - the silence is deafining!

Apologizing is not good enough - this congress member shuold be censured and forced to resign for remarks like she made, many others have been pilloried on much less than this direct racial comment.
www.tcpalm.com...

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Rant

And you hate "Bush lovers". And you expect those who do not agree with you, to be quiet. You only want to hear from like-minded people who want to blame everything on Big Bad Bush.

john

I thought all rational people thought like this.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Colonel

Is thisyour personal smiley?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The " All look alike to me" statement is the damning one.

BUT

Our policies against Haiti are very racist AND we are working behind the scenes throughout our hemisphere to overthrow democratically eleceted governemnts, AGAINST THE PEOPLES WISHES!!!!
I mean Jumpin' Jayzus people, can you freakin buy a clue already!?!?!

A bunch of Cubans in a boat wash up in Florida? Political Asylum.

A Bunch of Chinese are found on a freightliner? Asylum.

A bunch of Haitians wash up in Flordia? Deportation back to Haiti.

I've covered what the Bushies are doing to overthrow Aristide in this thread.; click the links & see the profiles of who is behind it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They've been undermining him since before he even took office, as noted:

Posted by NEWS SERVICE on August 25, 1998 at 22:11:27:

GOP Is Accused in Haiti of Plot

By MICHAEL NORTON

A P

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti -- The international arm of the U.S. Republican Party is embroiled in a political storm in Haiti, where its crusade for political pluralism is being condemned as support for militarist right-wing parties.

Weeks of criticism of the International Republican Institute culminated this week in a charge by the pro-government Haitian News Network that the group ``aims at overthrowing the Haitian political order.''

The claim reflects Haiti's tremendous sensitivity to U.S. influence, especially at a time of scant political order. The country has been reduced to abject poverty and for more than a year has lacked an effective government.

The IRI has taken a leading role in trying to re-establish a political party system. And in doing so, it has run afoul of supporters of former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide, who still dominates politics and appears poised to return to power in 2000 elections. Aristide's camp contends that the IRI is funding right-wing politicians who supported the 1991 army coup that ousted him.

``It will weaken, not strengthen democracy,'' said Gabriel Fortune, a legislator who supports Aristide's policies. ``Everyone knows that if today some political parties are trying to destabilize -- it's thanks to IRI funding.''

Institute chairman Lorne Craner, on a visit Wednesday to dedicate a Political Party Training Center, said the project will ``create a fair playing field for pluralist competition.''

Craner denies providing money to any parties, saying IRI assistance is restricted to technical help -- seminars for local parties to discuss topics like free elections, campaigning and registration drives. Never in its previous assignments around the world, the IRI says, has the institute generated such controversy and divisiveness.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
Colonel

Is thisyour personal smiley?

Why yes it is. I think the powers that ber created it for me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join