It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraqi teenage girl killed for loving a British soldier

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

"The Wisconsin girl with diabetes is dead. Through ignorance.
They had certainly heard of Doctors."

"The girl in Iraq, is dead. Again, through ignorance."

WRONG, the Wisconsin girl was killed by a disease, not by her father. Her parents ignorance contributed, but is was the disease that killed her.

The Iraqi girl was murdered by her father for selfish barbaric reasons disguised as religion.

You are comparing apples to asteroids. Its ridiculous.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by TimeTracker

Are you serving cheese with that whine?

Good art accurately portrays real life, that is the heart of a good story. Casablanca considered by many to be the greatest movie of all time has a very legitimate claim to being great art. It is in fact about love during war. I don't know what problem you have with the movie Casablanca, except it shows your claims to be wrong.

You made a claim, and the evidence you provided in fact proved you wrong. French women who had relations with Germans during the war had their heads shaved when they were punished, they weren't murdered by their fathers.

Honor killings are the most horrendous culturally embraced activity that I have ever heard of. On second thought, maybe the Muslim religion is even more insane than devil worship.

Ok first of all not a single thing you have showed has proved anything.
For my friend you in fact have shown nothing.
All you do is spout art.
But in fact any movie made during a war can not be taken as factual.
You ought to know better really.
I never said a french father killed his daughter.
The reason i brought up the whole matter is that the war between the west and east has alot to do with the fact that this father killed his daughter.
During war time there is no understanding between sides.
Both side are seen as inhuman.
As it was and shall always be.
There are atrocities commited on all sides during war.
And here is a good point.
What right as a nation do we have to impose any moral on any other nation.
For when we start that then other nations have the right to impose their morals on us should we fall.
And then your art might just go out the window my friend.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeTracker

You are the one who claims that the French people killed French girls who fell in love with Germans, not I. You are the one who has to prove your claim.

Other posters have provided proof that these honor killings are carried out by Muslim outside of war zones, and yet you ignore this evidence.

I suggest you do some soul searching. There is a great deal of evidence that Muslims practice this horrendous act of honor killings. Blame it on this, blame it on that, sorry, there is no excuse for this horrible act. And should a grown child ever choose to marry someone outside of Islam the fathers demand that the person convert to Islam, or they turn their back on their own children. Islam exists on coercion.

Muslim culture is doomed to be backwards as long as they continue to carry out these practices, and the Western would should not respect these conditions that the Muslim world demands. These are the practices that allow Islam to continue to spread as a cult, and the excuses provided that these things do not happen are not acceptable.

The west opened its self up to Islam, and Islam has responded by spitting in our face, with the way they have acted in Europe. Islam has a chance to change its ways, and start respecting other cultures, and stop these coercive practices to expand their religion, but if they fail, then they have only themselves to blame when the hostilities build beyond the point of no return.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join