It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is sick

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
well the 1st time i saw it i was LIKE HOLY SHEEEET.....lets blow up saddam....and after reading your posts that they were different defects i felt a little better....i mean isnt there a way to clean up radiation with extra powerful bleach???? the smell would screw up your noses and you wouldnt smell anything ever again but its worth killing so many people....if you wanted me to kill bush id be gladly to do it....but you guys can devise the plan....id gladly do it with an illegal AK or a US M4 just to show him who is boss...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
...with a request that he view it and acknowledge with comments. We'll see.

I'll flood mail.president.whitehouse.gov if I don't get something back within 10 days.

I just hate Bush. And to think I actually launched some of those death darts.

DC

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
....i mean isnt there a way to clean up radiation with extra powerful bleach????

Are you serious? Please tell me you're not serious. Do you know I was reprimanded by a moderator because of my anger toward you.

I want to like you, I really do. Most of the time I like the humor of your accidental mind, but please, for the love of God, tell me you know what radiation is.

I don't often pray, but for you, I must. SKIPPY HELP ME!

DC

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Are you serious? Please tell me you're not serious. Do you know I was reprimanded by a moderator because of my anger toward you.

DC

Seriously? That sucks..

Anyways, Depleted Uranium is just a byproduct of modern warfare, I think personally you guys should be a lot more upset with the US not ratifying the International Treaty banning land mines. A far more deadly and horrific weapon if you ask me.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Depleted Uranium != nuclear weapons. The only danger would be from breathing in the vapors caused by the intense hea tof the impact, and that's only really a concern if you're immediately near the target. And odds are if you're near a target a tank is shooting at, the biggest threat to your health isn't going to be cancer.

The amount of people that will believe anything that is on the internet scares me much more than the deformed babies.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Esoterica]

Not always. Whenever it makes impact, some of it turns to radioactive dust. The dust can stay in the air for a little while. It could settle onto an injured person. It could kicked up and into the face of anybody in that area. Imagine trying to rescue someone and you inhale radioactive dust.

The worst effects aren't somebody passing by the dust or shrapnel. It is accidental ingestion that hurts and deforms people and organs. The most radioactivity emmited by it are alpha particles. Those get blocked by your skin. The second most emmitted particle is beta particles. They can normally be blocked by military boots and their heavy clothing, from my understanding. The gamma particles are the least emmitted part, but they are still emmitted in this Depleted Uranium.

I would personally try to find something different to use, but it's not my call. I'm still looking for good studies independent of military and activists groups on the effects of DU.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
The worst effects aren't somebody passing by the dust or shrapnel. It is accidental ingestion that hurts and deforms people and organs. The most radioactivity emmited by it are alpha particles. Those get blocked by your skin. The second most emmitted particle is beta particles. They can normally be blocked by military boots and their heavy clothing, from my understanding. The gamma particles are the least emmitted part, but they are still emmitted in this Depleted Uranium.

Isnt gamma only blockable by lead? Betta can usually be blocked by tin foil even.
Once again though, I agree that peoples readiness to trust everything on the net is more scary than deformed baby pics, most of which look slightly doctored. Landmines are a much more deadly much more difficult to stop threat to civilians world wide. Seeing as a cheap landmine can cost 3 bucks to make versus DU.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The pictures aren't doctored, but they are of dubious circumstances. I'm not saying DU is evil, but with some of the cases brought up with it, it does need to be reevaluated independently, IMO. I still cannot find any good independent studies. Maybe CDC...lemme check there.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
what???? omg......whats wrong with you people just because i play too much video games doesnt mean im stupid or ignorant....

well in this game you use these bleach humvees to clean out radiation from SCUDs.....damn what is wrong with you people....its from my a video game do you people have problems with my opinions because its SOOOOO FICTIONALL!!!????its from a video game like i said before its probably something they use to tell the public all the weapons are real and at the same time suggest they are fictional and so when something like a revolution to make america tell us secrets they would say WE TOLD YOU....THRU VIDEO GAMES....

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
...with a request that he view it and acknowledge with comments. We'll see.

I'll flood mail.president.whitehouse.gov if I don't get something back within 10 days.

I just hate Bush. And to think I actually launched some of those death darts.

DC

You aren't the first to email that to the Prez, and you won't be the last.

Next time, though, try sending him something credible.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by exdog
can you please edit that to let possible viewers know what to expect. As a father, I don't bury my head in the sand, but a simple heads up *deformed babies* enclosed would be nice....don't forget to many of today's youth's Sick means cool

I'm one of today's youth and that was #ing disguesting. Although the vid was complete crap and propaganda, whoever made decided to use DU as a weapon should be forced to sniff some of this dust.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
what???? omg......whats wrong with you people just because i play too much video games doesnt mean im stupid or ignorant....

well in this game you use these bleach humvees to clean out radiation from SCUDs.....damn what is wrong with you people....its from my a video game do you people have problems with my opinions because its SOOOOO FICTIONALL!!!????its from a video game like i said before its probably something they use to tell the public all the weapons are real and at the same time suggest they are fictional and so when something like a revolution to make america tell us secrets they would say WE TOLD YOU....THRU VIDEO GAMES....

I assume your talking bout C&C: Generals, a fantastic game but anyways:

Anthrax is a sickly green colour then can be upgraded to light blue form and is a liquid (Anthrax is a powder)

The bleech u describe is more of an antidote formula not bleech.

Alot of things in games don't really make sense so don't take video games to heart. I wonder why we haven't seen a metal of honor type game where u can play as the germans ne?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think I'm mentally scarred for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
OMG

I never even knew about any of this depleted uranium sh*t until now....

this is so bad.

We all have to put a stop to this now. or the whole world will be that way..

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Man, there are some serious #ing loons on ATS tonite...........

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That was disturbing, to say the least. I don't know what is sicker, what I saw, or the fact my government did it. That made me embarrassed to be an American, and I am very nationalistic by nature.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I'm aware of what DU rounds do, and how often they're used. I'm also aware that those statistics are unsourced. Give me proper proof, and I'll believe you in a second. I don't doubt that DU was used, but birth deformities have grown to be a fact fo life since the second world war. I've seen worse personally, but that doesn't negate how bad this is. However, I am also aware that those pictures of deformities could have come from anywhere.

*gets ready to be flamed*

DE

I have to agree with DeusEx. I served for 20 years in the Navy. I was in the first Gulf War in 1991 and my son was born very healthy in 1997 and my daughter was born very healthy in 1999. Now, for me, I retired on disability in 1998 with some problems related to Gulf War Syndrome. We (my doctor's and I) have not pinned the sickness down to vaccinations, exposure to extreme pollution, or to DU. So, I am not sure how it really affects offspring of those affected by DU.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
This is whats great about America - freedom of speech. Even if it is baseless propaganda.

The fact that someone would try to exploit their skewed point of view at the expense of someone else's obvious pain and suffering is pretty sick, however.

Personally, I feel that this subject matter in the attached video clip was completely unnecessary and in very bad taste. It makes me wonder where the ATS Admins are and just what is deemed acceptable around here.

Did the poster ever stop to wonder if any of the board members here might have ever lost a child to birth defects, and how they might feel about it after reviewing that lame video clip?

Why is it unnecessary? We use depleted uraniam in tank armor, in SABOT rounds, and in the machinegun rounds for A-10 attack planes. In the first Gulf War a friend of mine in Marine Recon came under a friendly fire attack from an A-10 that strafed his convoy. He took depleted uranium shrapnel in his forearm. The VA screens him for cancer every six months. He won't have kids because a friend of his that was hit in the same convoy had a kid who was born without tibias and had to have her legs amputated at the knee when she was two. All of the Marines in that convoy breathed radioactive dust. Some of the vehicles still ran after being strafed - not totally destroyed, and they used them for months without decontaminating them. Depleted uranium is radioactive and dangerous, yet it's still used in munitions. It puts nuclear fallout into war zones. A Defense Department video about how soldiers should vehicles and sites that were hit with depleted uranium was made but never released due to fears of bad publicity and the chance they may loose their beloved depleted uranium rounds. The fact is we can do just as well - in fact better - without depleted uranium rounds. Better, because we won't be radiating our troops and civilizans and causing post-battle casualties.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Please tell me that there is no credibility in this claim of these weapons. The best way to get the president to acknowledge or denounce this publically is have a reporter ask him in a press conference. The Bush administration gets too many emails for one to expect a response. Hopefully this gets addressed by the national media.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I say in about a million years if we dont have the tech to clena this up 95% of the wolr dwill be at great risk of having defromed babys like those, i can even see laws being put in place that to have children you have to be "elegible" to have a test tube baby using some of your DNA and have a long process of the baby being configured so it is not "messed up" in a term.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
and people wonder why i am against society. i mean these are completely inocent lives that are ruined because 2 governments can't agree with each other. the sad part is that people will still support the war machine because thier goverment has brainwashed them into thinking thier government can do no wrong. so how the f@#$ is any of this right?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join