It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is sick

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
WARNING disturbing images at the link below.

www.ericblumrich.com...
this takes a min to load but worth it.
a guy i know came back from the first gulf war
and his 5 year old has alot of problems,he said
thay had satalite phones back then thay would use
at night to call home from the middle of the desert.
I didant know thay had that back then,
so on what do you think?
[Edited on 27-2-2004 by slayerfan]

profile email find posts send U2U

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Sick is subjective. Our governments are service to self, and for the most part do not understand or epmathize with pain or suffering of others. They act in service to themselves.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yeah, some of those pics are pretty nasty. I feel so sorry for the parents of those babies.

Really makes me grateful that I live in Australia.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I liked the music.

Known about DU for awhile now... sickening, but this is the way of the world now.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
Yeah, some of those pics are pretty nasty. I feel so sorry for the parents of those babies.

Really makes me grateful that I live in Australia.

yes the parents poor parents it must suck to be the parent of something like that...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
this is the way of the world now and thousands
of years from now.peopls greats times thousds
of great grand kids will feel the efect,I read along time ago just from the abomb testing particals fell from the
atmasfere and we all have traces of it in our
bodeys that we otherwise would not have.I wish i had a link but its been before the internet whene i readit.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
this is the way of the world now and thousands
of years from now.peopls greats times thousds
of great grand kids will feel the efect,I read along time ago just from the abomb testing particals fell from the
atmasfere and we all have traces of it in our
bodeys that we otherwise would not have.I wish i had a link but its been before the internet whene i readit.

I understand nuclear fallout lasts millions of years and such, but maybe in a few hundred years we will have the technology to clean an area such as this? Why wait thousands or millions!
Just a thought..

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
i like that singture, lets hope fore all of us that it could
be cleand up, ho is to say in 20 years we wont be
the next iraq ? now im scared for my kids and thair kids
its a sick world.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
i like that singture, lets hope fore all of us that it could
be cleand up, ho is to say in 20 years we wont be
the next iraq ? now im scared for my kids and thair kids
its a sick world.

You mean who is to say that within 20 years the rest of the world won't get fed up with America's arrogant actions and just nuke the living # out of America? Always possible... but don't be scared, it's not very beneficial. Instead, know the possibilities, and learn from our times. Fear gives way to stagnation, ignorance, and unfounded assumptions, which just tend to mess a person up in his progress! But understanding what is happening, and learning from it, causes growth

Let this be put in our history books, WITH the "sick" pictures, and maybe it will be a gruesome reminder to the future generations then?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
to bad are press could not come up with somethine that smart,pretty good call in my book lilblam!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Luckily i've had my lunch some of the pics looked like alien life forms,yeah dam sick stuff.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm aware of what DU rounds do, and how often they're used. I'm also aware that those statistics are unsourced. Give me proper proof, and I'll believe you in a second. I don't doubt that DU was used, but birth deformities have grown to be a fact fo life since the second world war. I've seen worse personally, but that doesn't negate how bad this is. However, I am also aware that those pictures of deformities could have come from anywhere.

*gets ready to be flamed*

DE

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I'm aware of what DU rounds do, and how often they're used. I'm also aware that those statistics are unsourced. Give me proper proof, and I'll believe you in a second. I don't doubt that DU was used, but birth deformities have grown to be a fact fo life since the second world war. I've seen worse personally, but that doesn't negate how bad this is. However, I am also aware that those pictures of deformities could have come from anywhere.

*gets ready to be flamed*

DE

"An astonishingly high rate of birth defects in the families of Gulf War veterans is especially troubling. For example, Laura Flanders reports that the Veterans Administration conducted a state-wide survey of 251 Gulf War veterans families in Mississippi (Ref. 46). Of their children conceived and born since the war, 67% have illnesses rated severe or have missing eyes, missing ears, blood infections, respiratory problems and fused fingers. Flanders goes on to say that the birth defects are consistent with the effects of radiation from DU and infection from sand fly bites. Others blame experimental vaccines, chemical warfare pills, the insect repellent DEET and smoke from oil well fires for causing birth defects."
www.antenna.nl...
www.umrc.net...

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by jezebel]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Fair enough. can you corroborate the Iraqi statistics?

DE

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Okay, let's review. I going to pick my favorite opposing cause and then I'm going to go troll for disgusting pictures of burned and deformed babies (doesn't matter that those pics have absolutely nothing to do with my pitch), then I'm going to compile a misleading video that attaches those pics to my cause.

voila

the 21st century!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Yes DU rounds have been around awhile. We had a few friendly fire bradly's go to the Barnwell Nuclear Waste Site to be decontaiminated. BTW this site sits directly next to and shares a property line with Savannah River Site a nuclear weapons production facility. How do I know this. I worked there six years.

Iridium satellite phones have been around before the first gulf war. Went out of bussiness and the defense dept bought it.

As for the picts. These could be from radioactive contamination or not. I know people use images of other things to make a point, just like the did in Serbia showing the skinny dude in the concentration camp. That was a fake image. The shot was through barbed wire to the outside of the fence. The dude was skinny from stavation, but wasn't in any camp. Twist the truth until it is wrung dry.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This is whats great about America - freedom of speech. Even if it is baseless propaganda.

The fact that someone would try to exploit their skewed point of view at the expense of someone else's obvious pain and suffering is pretty sick, however.

Personally, I feel that this subject matter in the attached video clip was completely unnecessary and in very bad taste. It makes me wonder where the ATS Admins are and just what is deemed acceptable around here.

Did the poster ever stop to wonder if any of the board members here might have ever lost a child to birth defects, and how they might feel about it after reviewing that lame video clip?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I liked the music.

Known about DU for awhile now... sickening, but this is the way of the world now.

thats true....until its your kid.

how about saying thats the way the world is now, we figure out how the hell to change it!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Some of those baby pics are from a documentary about Chernobyl. Sort of hurts the credibility of the claims.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
can you please edit that to let possible viewers know what to expect. As a father, I don't bury my head in the sand, but a simple heads up *deformed babies* enclosed would be nice....don't forget to many of today's youth's Sick means cool

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join