It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SeaWorld Dolphin Dies Performing Trick In Front Of Show Crowd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

SeaWorld Dolphin Dies Performing Trick In Front Of Show Crowd

www.local6.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A SeaWorld dolphin died after it collided with another dolphin during an aerial show trick performed in front of a crowd.
Officials said the dolphin, called Sharky, hit the other dolphin during a Sunday show at SeaWorld's Discovery Cove. The accident was apparently a freak accident.
Sharky was a 30-year-old female dolphin that had performed the trick dozens of times, officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I just had to post it.

Sad.

www.local6.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Not that i think this is anything other than an attempt at drawing emotional anguish towards to poor animal's demise, but what do you reckon are the possibilities the dolphin committed suicide as a way of showing humans that we're headed down a dark alley in an area of the neighbourhood known for people ending up with holes in them?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

So her message was "So long, and thanks for all the fish."?

I doubt she committed suicide, but it is still extremely sad. The saddest thing is that if we didn't have her in captivity performing tricks for children, she wouldn't have died this way. Granted, she may have died in a tuna net, or by a large shark, but not in a mid-air collision with a fellow inmate.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Well, this just proves my theory that females lack coordination and therefore are inherently bad drivers. Just my 2¢.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Pagani]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's only natural selection if nature intended for dolphins to exist in giant glass tanks performing tricks for people......

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I dont think any animal deserves to be placed in a glass tank and forced to preform the same old stunts 20 times a day, what a life.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's sad to know that the dolphin had to die this way. I think she got sick and tired of taking commands from the 'keepers'. May she rest in peace with other dolphins and away from that virtual prison in a glass tank that they call, 'home'.

:w:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think this is terrible. Very sad indeed.

However, i'm inclined to believe that she wanted to die. I don't think animals enjoy being tied up and confined. I think they love the open waters or jungle whatever it may be.

May she rest in peace.

top topics

join