It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does googlevideo keep getting harder and harder to use?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Just in the past year or so it's been made much more inconvenient to use or even look at.
The search options have been limited, the option of seeing/copying the actual web address of the video before opening it and erasing the rest of the tag is gone, and now when you (at least in my browser, firefox) search for something, a good 7/8 of the page is taken up by one video, and the rest is the other links with no description or link locations.

I guess I could see how this would be convenient for the viral crowd or whatever that crap is, but there are a million other places for that, and the whole thing is almost useless now.

/rant

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I will offer the only suggestion I heard of...google sold out to the matrix!!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Just in the past year or so it's been made much more inconvenient to use or even look at.
The search options have been limited, the option of seeing/copying the actual web address of the video before opening it and erasing the rest of the tag is gone, and now when you (at least in my browser, firefox) search for something, a good 7/8 of the page is taken up by one video, and the rest is the other links with no description or link locations.

I guess I could see how this would be convenient for the viral crowd or whatever that crap is, but there are a million other places for that, and the whole thing is almost useless now.

/rant

Google bought youtube some time ago , and now uses that as thier major front video distribution channel, in stead of having 2 sites compete, they merged it, google video still exists, but 9 times out of 10 the video will be on youtube aswell, there's not much more to it...

video.google.com...
See, it searches googlevideo and youtube, you should probably see this as 1 thing now

oh btw ....all this info took me a 20 second in a google search ... so in the future: JFGI (a new meme forJust F*ck*ng Google It)

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yeah I know the whole google/youtube thing, but even a few weeks ago when you searched for something a list of clips would come up, with the actual link to the individual clips underneath the description, so that you wouldn't have to click on the video, copy/paste the url, and delete all the extra stuff when you wanted to post the link to a video somewhere.

Now there's no description, and no link, so the only thing you have to go by is the title of the clip, and you can't just copy and paste a link without opening the video, making sure it's what you're looking for, and deleting all the excess junk at the end of the link.

Please stop acting like you know everything.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by alaskan]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

Please stop acting like you know everything.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by alaskan]

Ok, Please show me where i act as if i know everything,
you asked a question , i answered.
If you say you already know what i posted,
then this thread (or should we call it a rant, like you did) of yours makes even less sense.

Plus the fact that personal attacks,
especially on people trying to help you,
are frowned upon here.

FYI I was really just trying to help, but in case you didn't notice,
that last line of my post was well meant, a joking way of saying that you could have googled it yourself. that's all, relax !

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
All you told me was that google owns youtube. I don't think there's a person on this forum that doesn't know that. There was no reason for your reply, other than your own little 'personal attack.'

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I just figured out there's a tab to go back to the normal list of videos with descriptions. That part of my complaint is useless.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

wow This is rich, i never attacked you personally, i just jokingly told you to use google to get your vague question answered....you on the other hand did resort to personal attacking,concluding i feel like i know everything....only because i tried to help you....

There was no reason for your reply, other than your own little 'personal attack.'

There's still no reason for this thread, other then your own little personal ranting.

Works both ways.

I'm done here...
have a nice day !

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm not trying to sound lazy, but now on youtube, the bar to copy the URL from is gone, which I think pretty obviously makes sharing embedded videos harder...

Instead of easily getting the direct link like you would just doing a youtube search, you get the rest of the tag with the other site's info, which messes up HTTML links sometimes.

Click play, and then double click on the movie to open the youtube page in another window and look at the URL and try to find the short direct one to see what I mean...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
well they are screwing up youtube real bad too. these video sites are the only web sites i have ever seen that get harder to use and more poorly designed as time goes on.

they keep doing these little tweeks that make it harder and harder to find news or post comments or rate comments.

it is my personal belief that they want these sites to be crappy and difficult to hinder people from finding info and networking. youtube almost shut healthcare down last summer. people are getting too much info so they are trying to make it a pain in the butt to get it. TPTB have told google to make youtube disfunctional.

new topics

top topics

join