It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAAB offer Gripen NG to norway , india

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Dude.. I have abs no idea what you're talking about.

Or at least I think I do but I hope its not that.
Are you generalizing in all foreign a/c sales or is this specific to the Gripen?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Oh ffs LOL.

Are you people even interesting in planes or do you just compare them for some reason? LOL.

I mean, it would be strange if a Swedish aircraft entered service for the Indian airforce. No technical reason, or one with many basis, apart from my opinion that it would be like china flying the F-22.

Get me? Stupid reason i know.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Oh ffs LOL.

Are you people even interesting in planes or do you just compare them for some reason? LOL.

I mean, it would be strange if a Swedish aircraft entered service for the Indian airforce. No technical reason, or one with many basis, apart from my opinion that it would be like china flying the F-22.

Get me? Stupid reason i know.

Well I'm sure you know that the Gripen is already flying in the:
Czech Air Force
Hungarian Air Force
South African Air Force

Does that raise the same 'strange' emotions in you or is it specific to Western fighters in non-western air forces?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

India has one of the best Air-Forces in the world today and PAK-FA 5th generation plane would soon be entering the Indian Air Force in next 5-10 years.

The post 'hope Gripen NG never enters Indian Air force (IAF)' is slightly childish to say the least....The person who made this comment needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

India is a trillion dollar plus economy and has a indigenous LCA programme which is as good if not better than Gripen ...so IAF would not miss Gripen much if Gripen does not enter IAF.

With countries like USA, Russia, France etc competing for MRCA order, if Gripen does not get the order, it will be entirely Gripen's loss....

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

What? Stranger than American, British or Russian aircraft?

India only has a fledgling aircraft industry so cannot really produce their own that match anything on offer from Western suppliers.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
an update thats related:

www.flightglobal.com...

The Netherlands has expanded its search for a new fighter to also include the Saab Gripen NG (Next Generation), but has eliminated the Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet and Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor from its search for a Lockheed F-16 replacement, says undersecretary of defence Jack de Vries.

As part of an agreement by the Dutch parliament to sign the memorandum of understanding for investing in the initial operational test and evaluation phase of Lockheed's F-35 Joint Strike Fighter programme, the defence ministry agreed to conduct a full comparison of all possible alternatives before coming to a final decision.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

why dont you sign up then?????
If your so passionate about this topic

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The LCA is as good as the Gripen NG ?

hahahahah no wonder you don't sign up - The LCA is a joke, where as multi nations have chosen the Gripen as a frontline combat system.

LCA better than Gripen NG..........

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

LOL!

So true....
LCA is a peice of junk, I don't care what you compare it to, even a Sopwith Camel, it's still junk!

Thanks!

[edit on 4/7/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

So true....
LCA is a peice of junk, I don't care what you compare it to, even a Sopwith Camel, it's still junk!

Thanks!

[edit on 4/7/2008 by C0bzz]

well to the Indians it may be better than the Gripen or the frakking F-22 even because its a technology growth spurt point; a point which is eventually going to
develop into a military industry that is self sufficient, and does not warrant foreign support.

And with this independence, countries will be able to execute independent foreign policy; They will not have submit to the whims and fancies of the geo strategic ambitions of a powerful few.

This in the long run is much more capable than a Gripen (which runs on a GE F404 btw and so only sold to countries as approved by the US of A) or even the F-35 which is locked with software codes that only again the US is privy to; irrespective of which country it is sold to.

Thanks and happy 4th of July ye all

DD3

EDIT: Hey and btw if any of you LCA bashers ever bother to compare the Gripen and the LCA for stats: T/W, radar, weapons suites available etc. please let me know. We can have an educated discussion on that, in the true traditions of ATS, denying ignorance et al .

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
i do concur - the LCA is vital to the Indian air industry , not from a capability point of view , but in the advancement of technology.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

EDIT: Hey and btw if any of you LCA bashers ever bother to compare the Gripen and the LCA for stats: T/W, radar, weapons suites available etc. please let me know. We can have an educated discussion on that, in the true traditions of ATS, denying ignorance et al .

Sure.

I just need to do the thread about the RAAF / F-35 that I promised to do.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Sure.

I just need to do the thread about the RAAF / F-35 that I promised to do.

by all means..

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
something new....

Eurofighter, Rafale Refuse to Play in New Dutch Evaluation.

The Netherlands is launching another evaluation of potential alternatives to the Lockheed Martin F-35A Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) -- but the companies behind two of them (Eurofighter and Dassault Aviation) have turned down the Dutch request to provide updated information on their Typhoon Batch 3 and Rafale F4, respectively.

Dutch state secretary for defense procurement Jack de Vries has told Parliament, one day before it departed for its two-month summer recess, that he "hopes to visit the manufacturers of the Eurofighter and the Rafale in the near future to convince them of the importance of an updated contribution to the new evaluation."

linky
with nice pictures.
seems like a bit of a show in the scheme of things.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
www.defense-aerospace.com...

On July 2 the aircraft manufacturers Dassault Aviation, EADS and Gripen International deposited, within the specified deadline, their offers for the aircraft that will partially replace the fleet of Tigers. This confirms that the program is progressing according to plans.

thats the swiss bid - boeing are disqualified now because they never showed up

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

boeing u would think would be first in line with the rhino
they already have legacy hornets?????

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join