It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Creates Space History!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

India Creates Space History!

www.zeenews.com

Eyeing a record, the Indian Polar rocket successfully launched 10 satellites including the country's latest remote sensing satellite in one go today (Monday, April 28) and the space mission was completed within 16 minutes of blastoff from Sriharikota. The Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C9) blasted off from the world-class second launch pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh, India at 09:23 hrs IST.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-4-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

According to ISRO, the launch vehicle injected the main payload CARTOSAT-2A in the Polar Sun Synchronous Orbit at a height of 635 km with an inclination of 97.94 degree with respect to the equator, 885 seconds after lift off after separation from the fourth stage. At 930 secs the IMS-1 was injected after which the eight nano-satellites separated from the vehicle which were then placed in the intended orbit in sequence.

Next target? The Chandrayaan-1 Moon mission that is scheduled for lift off soon, to be placed into a circular 100 x 100 km lunar polar orbit for two years, carrying sophisticated hires cameras. What will it find? What will be shown to the public? That’s the moot question. Let’s wait and see!

Cheers!

www.zeenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Wow, that's quite an accomplishment for them, I imagine some folks over there are pretty exicted right about now.

Do you have any opinion about why there is so much revived interest in the moon after so many years of inactivity? It just seems strange to me that all these years went by with very little activity and suddenly it seems everybody and their dog is planning a moon mission.

Whats the sudden rush? Any theories besides the kind of stuff they put in the press releases?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hope the Chandrayaan finds something....But if it does will we know about, will they let it out to the public or simply airbrush it like Nasa? They already have an excuse, they are searching for elements and water and all. So I doubt they are gonna tell us anything even if they find something!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

I have been telling people about the moon for some time. Mostly it is my soapbox against NASA.

Ever since Apollo 17 (Dec 7, 1972), all NASA has done was take some fantastic photos of deep space and drop a couple of RC cars on Mars. Nothing more. Do people really believe the US Gov't did nothing for more than 35 years? On the contrary, most people are never explicitly told about, yet hiding in plain sight, the other space program -- military.

It is known that the US Air Force's Space Program has always been around. They perform more missions than NASA. Granted most of their missions are unmanned, like satellite placements. But, I doubt the public is told everything. This is especially true when you have the perfect smoke screen to keep most of the public eye away from the military space program -- NASA. Of course, where does NASA get their orders from? And, where does NASA astronauts come from? US Air Force.

I honestly believe NASA is a waste. The perfect smokescreen. Who knows what the US Air Force has done since 1972.

top topics

join