It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$4 Million on Hand, Ron Paul Looks for Ways to Spend It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

$4 Million on Hand, Ron Paul Looks for Ways to Spend It

elections.foxnews.com

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul is considering using $4 million left over from his failed presidential campaign to start a for-profit publishing company that would reflect his Libertarian-leaning views.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Im not so sure I believe this story. Im going to have to do some more reading on this. Why not use the 4 million for the campaign, unless he is plannng on calling it quits.

He should spent 2 million at least on TV commercials.

elections.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Did you read what you posted?

What part of "failed campaign" don't you get?

The Ron Paul Fantasy is over.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul is possibly setting himself up for running in the next presidential election.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
So FOX has declared Ron Paul intentions? OK. I'll wait until a real news agency reports on this.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It would be better spent starting a new Social-Political Reform Movement around the country. The first step would be establish a headquarters for the movement and then while traveling the country and delivering speeches, new centers could be established in various cities across the nation.

Most importantly, an Heir to his Legacy must be found. Someone who can pick up where he left off and carry the momentum.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
They really should report WHY Ron Paul's campaign failed (hint: who counts the votes?) rather than accusing him of starting a Libertarian.

And it's sad that most americans ACTUALLY BELIEVE Fox News.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
P.S. I found a Yahoo Answers thread about Fox News. Not surprising.

answers.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0WTcZXLYBVIUyoAtgYjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20061213103029AAt5VQ7

OP:

Why do the liberals love to bash Fox News? Is it because they are jealous of Fox's higher ratings? Do liberals think that Countdown with Keith Olbermann is unbiased? Does Olbermann bash Bill O'Reilly because O'Reilly is killing him in the ratings?

Best Answer:

FOX NEWS is pro-American, is unbiased, Higher ratings, Yes, the liberals think that "Titanic" Olbermann is unbiased, YES on the last question.

No wonder we're the most dumbed down nation!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ron Paul should give me some of that money. He should spend it on himself, he worked hard for that money. Too bad though that Ron Paul wont be the next president. the only one that is not corrupt and has morals.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
As long as it goes to some good, $25 of that is mine.

Personally I feel he should just air commercials explaining some of the more alarming things about the government that he used in his campaign. He wouldn't even have to be in the ads.

If he doesn't do that he should give it to a reputable charity organization or something.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

He can't spend it on himself that's not allowed when it comes to campaign money. I think they can only use it for more politics or donate it. And Dr. Paul is definitely out of the race, he's not running as an independent. It would be cool if the profit go towards a future presidential run!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I heard convincing rumour that he plans to have his son run for president in the future, to take his place, etc etc...

I don't know much/anything about the dude, but I hope he is as honest and all that, as his father is.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
lies, lies and apple pies
that's what you get from FalseNewsCorp.

As you can see the campaign is alive and well!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
They really should report WHY Ron Paul's campaign failed (hint: who counts the votes?) rather than accusing him of starting a Libertarian.

And it's sad that most americans ACTUALLY BELIEVE Fox News.

The last I heard, Ron Paul himself said that he would not run as a third party candidate. Therefore without his name on the Republican ballot, he isn't running anymore.

It's pretty sad because he's the only one that made sense. Sadly, I feel that this might be our last presidential election.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I just saw him live on CNN. Sounds like he is at least still going for delegates, at this point...

ah, ModernAcademia, just watched your video, saying much the same thing. I wonder if that video is very recent. Everything points to him not having dropped out at all.

Lame MSM

[edit on 28-4-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The republican arm of the 2-party regime realized that Ron Paul was clearly a more viable candidate in an un-manipulated election. There was no way to eliminate him without blatant cheating, which they can't afford to keep getting caught at.

Since the embarrassing showdown was looming they shut down the Nevada primaries and embarked on a final all-out program to 'lock him out'. This includes enlisting the last corporate media outlet which is self-absorbed enough to risk the humiliation of confrontation - FOX News.

I would be the first on the band wagon to be yelling 'Write in Ron Paul!' except I know that you won't be given that option (although its constitutionally your choice). 'Technicalities' will be cited such as write-ins are only available to absentee ballots, or you needed to indicate that when registering, or the voting machines will simply NOT have a place for that kind of entry, all because they DON'T want you to choose from someone NOT in the regime.

THERE IS ONLY ONE PARTY - ITS NOT DEMOCRATIC - REPUBLICAN - LIBERTARIAN - OR ANY OTHER NAME ON THE LIST -

IT'S THEIR PARTY. THE PARTY WHICH SERVES TO KEEP THEM IN POSITIONS OF POWER AND CONTROL.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
he got 16% in PA

his most successful primary so far!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
he got 16% in PA

his most successful primary so far!

All things being equal I would have left your post to stand as it is. But all things are not equal. I have no proof for the following blatant accusation:

The primaries are rigged. America's votes are no longer being counted as such. The votes are being 'recognized' or discarded or changed systematically.

I have no doubt that history will prove me to be at best - right on the money, and at worst, slightly exaggerated.

new topics

top topics

join