It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the verge of a major scientific-breakthrough?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is my first post on this site, I have been a lurker for a couple months now, although I have had an interest in ufology and other para-normal phenomenon since I was a young adolescent. A belief of mine that I've held for about a decade now is that if humanity is to survive extinction, becoming a long-term and interstellar-species, then we must soon face a catastrophe or become witness to an event of monumental proportions. However, I now think it might be possible that a major scientific-discovery (one that would change how we think of reality itself) could have the same unifying effect. I read this yesterday:
and now think that such a discovery could be close at hand (if the relationship proves correct). Is it possible that both evolutionists and creationists are correct? Could life (under-going evolution) be occurring on all the worlds of the universe, so as to expand the whole multi-verse into larger and larger dimensions, in all directions at once; every new experienced moment an originator?

[edit on 27-4-2008 by squancho]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by squancho
.... if humanity is to survive extinction, becoming a long-term and interstellar-species, then we must soon face a catastrophe or become witness to an event of monumental proportions.

Can you explain why you felt this way? An event of monumental proportions could be the linking of hundreds of millions of humans over the internet. The 2004 tsunami would qualify as a monumental catastrophe that people the world over witnessed.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
that link says its forbidden?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I agree that the mass-communications taking place over the internet has greatly impacted all of us with access to it, and that the tsunami that hit SE Asia and Africa was a catastrophe that was watched by the world over. I am referring to a possible event in history that would modify everyone's belief system, bringing all of us together, into one giant undertaking, or great cause, whether it be a catastrophe or otherwise. Keeping this in relation to the notion of a species becoming a long-term occupant of this universe (requiring the urge to colonize not only one world or even system). Now that I re-read this posting, however, I realize that this is probably just a pipe-dream.

top topics

join