It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop drugging dementia patients, urges report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Stop drugging dementia patients, urges report

www.telegraph.co.uk

Up to 105,000 people with dementia in Britain are wrongly being treated with the drugs, which are used to control behavioural symptoms such as aggression, they claim. Research has shown that the medications have side effects which can accelerate mental decline, triple the risk of stroke, and double the chances of premature death.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/27/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What the hell kind of medicine is being practiced around this world? Seems to be whatever it is, it isn't very sympathetic. When the effects of these antipsychotic drugs are known to further hurt dementia patients, why would they continue to be used on them? What is the agenda of these doctors anyway? I thought we were supposed to be preserving life no matter what. I guess I was wrong.
It must just be easier to get rid of "sick" people than to worry about how we might be able to help them live a better life. What really bothers me is that they consider dementia to be "psychotic". Maybe they need to go back to school and learn the difference.
I guess this isn't just happening in the US. More countries seem to be pumping their populace with drugs.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/27/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Palehorse, it is unfortunate that I have come across no doctor , ever, that truly follows the Hippocratic oath.

en.wikipedia.org...

Slash, burn, slice&dice, over medicate, misdiagnose,malpractice. I have no faith what so ever in allopathic medicine, for those who are ill, physically or mentally.
People are used like guinea pigs. Anything that makes the drug corporations money. THAT MAKES ME SICK!

In the case of Dementia patients, my gosh, would it not be better to study what they see and feel and react to without the use of drugs?
In older people, I don't see why they would need to be medicated. In younger people, I would be curious, as to what they experience.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

You think maybe it has something to do with the way that the pharma companies churn out their products day by day?

Which is worse - the idea that people with mental illness are being over medicated, or that there are vast stocks of medical supplies going un-used because they're not needed, and the taxpayer is providing the health service with the means to buy the drugs from the pharma companies in the first place?

Which would cause a bigger outrage, do you think?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
to be fair to the murderous pharma companies,if you've got a degenerative brain dissorder which is going to kill you anyway,you might aswell speed up the process. My step granddad had Altzeimers and he died long before he actually died.

either way,it sucks.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Testing drugs is one of medicals perks free human tests on physch patients been going on since 1850.

lets start caring about the thousands shock treatment or given deadly diseases to study poor souls i would never put someone ina ward. its a horrible death
totrture.

join