It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality of Chemical Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting, I learned a lot and felt marginally reassured - hopefully ATS will to. Worth the click on the link to read the whole thing:

www.chiefengineer.org...

So a chemical attack will have its best effect an hour or so either side of sunrise or sunset. Also, being vapors and airborne particles, the agents are heavier than air, so they will seek low places like ditches, basements and underground garages. This stuff won’t work when it’s freezing, it doesn’t last when it’s hot, and wind spreads it too thin too fast.

Attackers have to get this stuff on you, or get you to inhale it for it to work. They also have to get the concentration of chemicals high enough to kill or injure you: too little and it’s nothing, too much and it’s wasted. What I hope you’ve gathered by this point is that a chemical weapons attack that kills a lot of people is incredibly hard to achieve with military grade agents and equipment. So you can imagine how hard it would be for terrorists. The more you know about this stuff, the more you realize how hard it is to use.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think this one is a weapon they just keep to say they have a stockpile. While perfect for trench warfare, they battle of the trench was over in the middle of the last century. They really are not that great in practice for the reasons you stated. The whole idea of the gas mask and chem suit as a thing to have is really just hype from shops and dealers that bought the surplus equipment.

Why do we still keep all of them? Its pretty expensive to get rid of the stuff. They burn it some places.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i totally agree its not like any "organized" terrorists are going to have previouse experience with these agents or the best method for release. no and then they have to actually get some in the first place

new topics

join