It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Col Philip Corso's Book....truth or fact?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What is everyone's opinion concerning Philip Corso's book?

I have been fascinated by it for years, but have never discussed it before.
I found his military service record to be interesting and the Strom Thurmond connection/debacle to be compelling as well.

I don't know if what he claimed to be true, but I found the book to be an entertaining read.

Thoughts?

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yeah I found it a good read. I don't put much stock in these supposed insider accounts unless they can be independently verified by several other witnesses. Maybe not even then. Taking a pro/con position on specific cases seems like a waste of time. You'll never know for certain how much truth there is. There's so much mis/disinformation out there. You'll never know if any specific UFO report is real or planted. You can never trust the motivations of any specific UFO researcher. Better to process the overall pattern of data, in my opinion. Better yet to analyze the institutional response to the phemonena - that's where the nuggets of gold are found.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Page after page, after page, after page, after page,after page of very dry reading, but every now and then there is a cool sentence about alien technology.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think it's genuine...minus Corso's memory gaps (which are only human), and his tendancy to exaggerate his own importance to the project...

For me, it's probably one of the most important coming out stories out there....

Through research, I've always known of Thurmond's connection to the UFO issue, and it was interesting to see another corraborating source....

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Where did you hear of Thurmond's pre-Corso Alien connection??

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
He was connected with Truman, and the creation of the Commitee, which later became MAJIC.... I can dig for more details if you want (can't remember them right off hand, but his sig and mention, are on a few docs), but basically, Thurmond was Truman's go to guy on this....

He was also Prescott Bush's buddy...

Some interesting factoids...

Was 14 at the time of the Russian Revolution
Was already 41 when he fought at the Battle of Normandy
One of the few contemporary politicians to have received the votes of Civil War veterans
Was a Senate colleague of Prescott Bush, grandfather of U.S. President George W. Bush
Married his last wife, Nancy Janice Moore, in 1968 when he was already 66 years old, and she only 23
Jack Bass and Marilyn W. Thompson, in their 1998 biography, Ol' Strom, reported that Thurmond's first child was Essie Mae Washington-Williams, born in 1925. Her mother was a black servant named Carrie "Tunch" Butler. On December 15, 2003, an attorney for Thurmond's family confirmed that Thurmond had indeed been the father of Ms. Washington-Williams.
Fathered his first legitimate child in 1971, and his last in 1976 when he was 73 years old
Became a grandfather publicly for the first time on June 17, 2003, just nine days before his death. He first became a grandfather privately decades earlier when Ms. Washington-Williams had her first child.
A reservoir on the Georgia-South Carolina border is named after him

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the info Gazrok

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yeah I found it a good read. I don't put much stock in these supposed insider accounts unless they can be independently verified by several other witnesses. Maybe not even then. Taking a pro/con position on specific cases seems like a waste of time. You'll never know for certain how much truth there is. There's so much mis/disinformation out there.

I could not say it better. Well done!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm skeptical of Corso's claim for one reason. He says that the Roswell UFO was a delta-shaped lifting body. Only Frank Kaufman has reported seeing this. If I remember correctly, his claim has been put into extreme doubt.

www.presidentialufo.com...

[Edited on 2/27/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It was ok, but I took most of the "facts" presented in the book with a grain of salt. It was interesting to see how the acquisition of alien technology supposedly jump started several projects in development by civilian contractors. I'd be far more intrigued if some of his stories were varified by other witnesses, still though, it does provide an interesting perspective on the last 50 or so years of history.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You can imagine such UFO top secrets, for what they are, for who they'd be related to, would never be allowed to be told so freely. I think some revealers do not decide on their own to tell "their truths", not at all: the risks are too huge but especially, whatever his age, a man will be a secret agent forever. He's leaded, and probably payed too, by the ones who manage the UFO cover up, the ones who know. And this is one way ufology is being discredited: sourced turning out to be bogus, no serious evidence collected.

P.S. Forget Kaufmann...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The roswell "incident" involved a device that appeared to look like a manta ray. Delta shape with two small winglet type verticle stabs

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I consider Corso's book to be disinformation. I can't believe he'd come out and say all this and then no one would back him up.

And then there are discrepancies with other, more credible sources. The new book by Redfern about gov't documents shows that there is good evidence that the cattle mutilation mystery points squarely at a government project. But Corso says he knows it's aliens.. well, do aliens use our veterinary tranquilizers? Do they fly helicopters?

Now, if the sources Redfern was able to find are the disinformation.. dang they did a good job of that.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i hate reading and i hate especially boring books about real things so i guess i wont EVER EVER read those books

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have a hard time swallowing alot of Corso's claims....

I just could not figure out why a man who was approaching 80 years old would want to fabricate a tale like that and have it reflect on all of his past achievments......NCS under Eisenhower, Intel Pentagon Officer, Operation Paperclip, etc.

Just does not make much sense to me. Unless he wanted to pull a fast one before he took off for the great beyond? One last laugh?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
lol i think it should one last BIG laff....people actually believes him...lmfao

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It's possible he did it because someone asked him to. Disinfo is no good if it comes from an active agent, right?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am not sure, I just can't figure out why Col Corso would want to blemish his past achievements with a hard to verify story?

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Facefirst]

new topics

top topics

join