It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Plans on Watching Iron Man Next Weekend?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

This movie is going blow away a lot of the superhero flicks we've seen in the past. This one is Marvel's first movie that they are producing on their own. That's great because Marvel wont have to deal with some studio trying to bastardize their characters. Marvel is also producing The Incredible Hulk this year and Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) will be making a brief appearance. In the following years we can expect Marvel to make Ant-Man, Captain America and Thor. All of those leading up to an Avengers movie.

It is a good time to be a comics fan

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ME!!!!

Next Sunday, there are 4 of us going. Probably the early evening show. Maybe the matinée though. Depends on the arrangements for the kids.

I am pumped to see what Marvel is going to do on there own now that the characters aren't being pushed and pulled by a studio. A Thor movie sounds interesting.

I'll let ya know what I think of it after the viewing.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Depends on the arrangements for the kids.

I'm kicking my kids out to their grandmothers on Saturday

After I watch it I might watch it again with them.

A Thor movie sounds interesting.

Matthew Vaughn is directing. He did Stardust last year and directed Daniel Craig in Layer Cake back in O4. It could be really good if they get a good cast for it.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have to work that weekend, but I'm off the following Tuesday, and that just happens to be half price night at the movie theatre so I'm going then.
Guess the price?
$4.20...hahaha..Only in Canada.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
oooh, oooh, oooh, me, me, me!!!

I just watched an entire run of Marvel movies on FX yesterday to get into the Superhero movie mode. They started off with Electra, then played Daredevil, Punisher, Fantastic Four and finished with Spiderman 2.1. I think they purposely started with the worst, and increased in quality as the day went on. Maybe to show that they're getting better at making Superhero movies?

Whatever it was, Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. hosted and showed sneak peeks and commentary from the making of the movie. It was pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well I am glad to see that we will be getting this movie on the actual release date over here in Japan ... it's airing Friday night here and I am hoping the husband will be up for it

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Robert Downey Jr on Letterman

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
My plan is to call in sick and ask for a sub to takeover on Friday.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by deltaboy]

[edit on 30-4-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
For all you guys going to see this... Stay seated until after the credits.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
OH man this movie looks sooo darn good!
But I dont think I will get anytime off work anytime soon.

So Im sure I will just wait for it to come out on DVD..

And then I can watch it in my own home, while I smoke and drink a couple stiff drinks!

But yeah Iron Man movie looks like its going to be a Gooden!

Go Ironman!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Because of the description in some of the reviews about Robert Downey Jr's ability to ad lib and his comedic timing, I think this will be the box office smash of the summer.

Fans want a story and characters to whom they can relate.

As many astute fans realize the best way to get a winner is to spend your money in the right place. That means a good director and a good writer.

Look at Aaron Sorkin - he took a drama about potentially boring politics and the White House and made The West Wing a top show. Same thing with Joss Whedon. He took a rather silly premise about a little blonde girl in high school fighting demons and made it work with the superb writing and dialog.

So if the previews are correct, you'll not only find IM to be the top draw, you'll see moviegoers going back and seeing it more than once.

I just hope they don't make the mistake of 'too fast action' and too many quick jump cuts.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Badge01]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
For all you guys going to see this... Stay seated until after the credits.

I tried this after Cloverfield - I read/heard we should wait til after the credits - and everyone we went with may as well have been tapping their foot and twiddling their thumbs lookin at me

But I trust you, and will be sure to THIS time

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

Marvel has been trying to keep this a secret... not even showing this to press screenings. It seems all those involved have been under a gag order and I even suspect Avi Arad lost his job with Marvel over confirming what was then only a rumor.
Since they've tried to keep it such a secret I wont spoil it for you here.

Let's just say it has to do with the future of Marvel films.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

Oooooh, thanks for the heads up
I will be sure to hold my husband and friends there til the credits ares done

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Totally worth the wait through the credits!!!

I just watched it and am reporting it here. The movie was really fun to watch, and the bit at the very end was just the icing on the cake. I don't know if I can stand keeping it secret!

Robert Downey Jr really just seemed to play himself, and not Tony Stark. IMO Stark is much more serious and brooding. Tony Stark was always too serious in my opinion. And I don't think they played up Tony's alcoholism enough, but all in all, very fun to watch.

I do wish that they brought in a well known enemy of Iron Man's. Maybe Titanium man or the Crimson Dynamo (although the cold war is over).

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This movie was AWESOME!!!!

I just wish I had read Brax's post about staying until after the credits.....

I had a feeling they would do something after the credits but I let my bladder and nicotine cravings get the best of me.

But like I said in another thread, and it is worth repeating, this movie felt like "Road to the Avengers pt. 1: Tony Stark". I hope The Incredible Hulk is "RTTA pt.2 : Bruce Banner"

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I bet its something to do with the avengers at the end!
Let the flaming begin

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

After seeing that preview I'll have to take my brother and his girlfriend to see it tomorrow. That looks insane. Thank you.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I have a feeling that the teaser at the end, which I first thought had to do with an Avengers move, now that they've done several Marvel characters is actually about:

Well now that I know the end teaser, I've deleted my guess, b/c it, uh, just seems silly.

Go see it yourself!

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Badge01]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Aparently I am going to see this movie tonight even though I have little interest in this charactor. I do however want to see if they put the Black Sabbath song Ironman into the film.

I was very dissapointed with desperado for not putting the Eagles song into the film.

But Ill let yall know what I thought of this film after I watch it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join