It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pray-in at S.F. gas station asks God to lower prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Pray-in at S.F. gas station asks God to lower prices

This is the kind of stuff that really makes me shake my head. Like God really has an interest in how much we are all paying for gas. I put this one right up there next to professional athletes who give thanks to The Lord after winning a competitive game. Like he was on their side and not the other team's or that he even cares who wins. Always makes me laugh.

It does lead to my whole point though. People pray for things every day. Most of the time they pray for something they want. After, it either happens or it doesn't. If it does, then Praise God! If not, then it was God's Will. You hear that a lot when someone dies unexpectedly. Well, if it is God's Will and he's going to do whatever he wants anyway, why bother praying for it in the first place?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm not sure why Alabama Governor Bob Riley didn't think of this first.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which gets wet first.

Another chapter in the myth of human intelligence.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Well our own governor in GA prayed for rain no long time ago, I guess he should ask to pray for the oil prices too.

Yes, we should all pray for the big God of the oil barons to help them find the "light" and help us the poor people in this nation.

top topics

join