It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry's Connection To The Homosexual Movement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Freemasonry's Connection To The Homosexual Movement

Albert Pike was a Freemason highly esteemed by fellow Freemasons. In honor of Pike they have erected a monument to him, named an Albert Pike Consistory after him, dedicated an imposing Masonic lodge to him (the Albert Pike Memorial Temple in Little Rock, Arkansas), and richly praised him in some of their books. Pike, who reached the highest level of Scottish Rite Freemasonry (the 33rd degree), was himself a prolific author of numerous works on Freemasonry. Various quotes from one of his books, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, probably Pike's magnum opus, will be featured in this section.
(Note: Even though Pike is widely acknowledged to be the author of this book by both Masons and non-Masons alike, there is no mention of an author on the title page of the 1921 edition of the work from which we quote below. Instead of an author's name, the page reads: "Prepared for the Supreme Council of the Thirty-Third Degree for the Southern Jurisdiction of the United States and Published by its Authority." The next page following the title page does contain these words: "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1871, by Albert Pike, In the Office of the Librarian of Congress, at Washington.")

The esoteric all-male group known as Freemasonry (or Masonry) has been controversial for many many years, and has been connected to the homosexual movement for many years by a number of researchers. "Why?" you may ask.

Like other esoteric groups and some fraternities, the Masons have secret doctrines and initiations. Now, as Pike mysteriously put it, Freemasonry "conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled; to conceal the Truth, which it calls Light, from them, and to draw them away from it. Truth is not for those who are unworthy or unable to receive it, or would pervert it."

Beacon of Masonic Light: Homosexuality in Masonic Lodges?
Freemasonry and Homosexuality
Freemasonry Watch
Freemasonry: Mankind's Death Wish

The common goal of these Masonic inspired movements is to undermine race, religion, nation and family [...] by promoting social division, self indulgence and "tolerance" i.e. miscegenation, atheism, nihilism sexual "liberation" and homosexuality

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 27-4-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ChadAndrewATS

I am honestly saddened not by your own ignorance and rudeness but the fact that this thread has already got 3 stars.

Perhaps my time at ATS would be best spent else where discussing topics in a more intelligent atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It is inaccurate to portray masons, as well as many other groups as advancing a "homosexual movement." There are gay people and homophobic people everywhere. In all likelihood there are some gay masons out there. There are also homophobic masons out there who would not approve of a gay person joining their lodge.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I am honestly saddened not by your own ignorance and rudeness but the fact that this thread has already got 3 stars.

That's because this place is chocked full to the brim of homophobes. You're not allowed to beat them down for it though,cos they're fundies,and you end up getting banned. (can't attack fundies,but they can attack us)

Wish there was a negative points system on here,where you could antiflag a thread.

As for there even being a homosexual movemnt. Just,shut up and get over us. There is no movement. I just want to live my life without freakish god botherers telling my I'm damned.

*bangs head against the wall*

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Indeed, I actually know a guy I tried to get into Lodge, but he inded up refusing.

His family has been in Masonry for generations, but hes gay.. and when he asked his dad if he could join, he said no. Now he won't join because he feels he will be singled out and outcasted for being gay.'

Even though we don't care.

We don't ask.

It's none of our business, as it has nothing to do with our teachings.

But Chad here has displayed not only a complete misunderstanding about what Masonry is, but also a complete display of ignorance and rudeness towards Homosexuals in general.

It is not uncommon. Most conspiracy theorist hate

Any one not Christian.
Any one Jewish.
Catholics.
Masons.
Gays.
Wealthy.

Bigotry at its finest Chad, always a great example.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
OK, if you're going to post, do so to the topic please.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Hi Chad.

Ive been in masonry since 7 years now but havent noticed anything sexual about the meetings...neither heterosexual nor homosexual. I sure wish they´d invite some women over once in awhile though. While its true that tolerance of things is promoted it doesnt mean we promote the thing itself.

In other words, promoting tolerance of homosexuals isnt the same thing as promoting homosexuality.

EDIT-to-add: I actually havent read or heard anything within masonry to refer to homosexuality either way.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Any one not Christian.
Any one Jewish.
Catholics.
Masons.
Gays.
Wealthy.

No question. Conspiracism is a form of right wing populism (great articles about that here www.publiceye.org...).

Anyway, to address the main topic:

1). Even if you're right, and Masonry has something to do with the "homosexual movement" (whatever that is), why is that necessarily a bad thing? Do you hate homosexuals?

2). What specific "homosexual values" do you think Masonry is "spreading?" And what are "homosexual values" in general?

I've been a Mason since 2005, and I have never seen any "homosexual values" promoted in any lodge that I've been to. In fact, my local area here is very conservative (fundamentalist Baptist, to be exact) and there are probably more homophobes than not in my lodge. But, I don't know for sure, I've never discussed homosexuality with my lodge brothers, and can't think of any reason why I'd want to.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMe74

Exactly, I may be "upcoming", but in my few short days I've never seen anything like that. I'm trying to understand why everyone portrays Mason's as some kind of evil cult, that promotes this, and that...and does this and that...it's really quite annoying about how many posters spread stuff like that.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
my neighbour is a gay mason, his dad seems pretty cool with it, my neighbour loves the masons, and says at least the group he's with loves gay people, but hates women, ha.

I'm not taking any standpoint, I couldn't really care, but I thought it would be of value for both sides of the arguement to note.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74

Any one not Christian.
Any one Jewish.
Catholics.
Masons.
Gays.
Wealthy.

No question. Conspiracism is a form of right wing populism.

Dash!

Low blow, Masonic Sir. I'm interested in all manner of conspiracy theories and I don't "hate" anyone you, or that there "Rock puck" have listed. I really don't think that viewpoint puts me in the minority, either.

Can you fight your cake and eat it at the same time? Surely your Masonic instruction teaches against such gross over-generalisations?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
my neighbour is a gay mason, his dad seems pretty cool with it, my neighbour loves the masons, and says at least the group he's with loves gay people, but hates women, ha.

I'm not taking any standpoint, I couldn't really care, but I thought it would be of value for both sides of the arguement to note.

Glad he found a Lodge that works for him. That said, arguments religious or political (and gayness would certainly fit into the latter) are forbidden. The reality of life is that we're all on the big blue marble and the more sensible are the ones looking for a way in which we can all just get along.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i can't help but wonder if posts like this aren't intended primarily as bait just to flush out the gay people in the audience for some scurrilous insanity; especially since the OP didn't add any comments of his own to the external references
but here goes, nevertheless,
Someone has already questioned it, but what is a homosexual movement supposed to be anyway? Is it just another word for that other meaningless term homosexual agenda?
Is there a red-haired movement out there?
give me a break.
Men, almost all men, have a capacity to engage in some sort of homo-erotic activity given the right circumstances - like being drunk, locked up in jail, stuck in a monastery away from women, or in a sexually segregated society like parts of the middle east; etc. etc.
Its normal! People with the genetics to be "gay" require less special circumstances to enact that behaviour. Its has nothing to do with the Masons. It has to do with being human.
You could ditto everything above for the fairer sex as well.
in MHO of course

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This has to be one of the more ludicrous posts I have read here. Masons are honerable men who work for the betterment of the human race as a whole. Conspiracy by a minute few members to feather they're own nests are an aberration and NOT the norm.
Zindo

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sir Francis Bacon

I hate to speak on RockPuck's post, but I think he meant a specific group of cpnspiracy theorists, seeing as pretty much everyone here, to some degree or another, is a conspiracy theorist.
Or, at least that's how I took it. Usually his posts are thought out better, maybe this thread particularly bothered him.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I’m going to have to agree with ropuck. it shows how people can be very arrogant and try to impose certain outlandish remarks and info on a group. it is quite impossible that the freemasons are pushing the homosexuality movement

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

Doesn't it seem kind of, I don't know, contradictory?

I mean, we got some people who think the Freemasons are evil neoconservatives out to dominate the world via the wealthy elite..

All the while pushing a liberal homosexual agenda?

I don't get it. But then again, this same guy, Chad, also said in another thread of his Freemasons where just clueless to anything because Druids where controlling their minds?

From my readings of ATS articles I think I could agree that Conspiracy theorist tend to be anti "elitist" or anyone with money, anti Mason and anti Semitic. I don't believe all are as I my self happen to be a conspiracy theorist, but I can surely see how those comparisons can be made.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
if you naviate from the OP's first link (the one quoted that references the Pike work et al) you will quickly notice that the website hosting the article is, undoubtedly, a homophobic depository of junk essays written on topics often tossed around when discussing gays and homosexuality.

As noticed, the Pike article shares space with such intellectual black holes as "sexual abuse: a major cause of homosexuality," "do homosexuals have a hidden agenda," "Strange but logical reprucussions of societal approval of homosexuality," and my personal favorite "on the unhealthy homosexual lifestyle" (as if to imply theres some inherently unhealthy about homosexuality that cannot be also present in a heterosexual existence.... news flash, there isnt).

I'm not opposed to indulging the OP's idea of Masonry having a connection with homosexuality... thats quite possible I'm sure and wouldnt suprise me. Then again, since I'm here on ATS, I do have a rather open mind and am apt to give consideration and thought to anyone's theory... regardless of how unlikely it may be.

That being said, I will only give such consideration if the person introducing the idea does so with carefully chosen sources that are both respectful to intellectual discourse and academic standards of reason/science/etc.

The page containing this article, as well as the others linked by the OP, are pretty laughable from the perspective of critical observation. With this, I feel silly even responding as such. However, I do feel as though I have some duty to remind all of us on ATS that, in the future, it may be wise to reference the OP's material/sources before flagging/staring the post because it belies some greater, personal interest in masonry or whatever.

Simply put... this stuff is garbage. Can we move on now??

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gaeliclad

I know and it’s quite the contrary. Just like Rockpuck said, no one cares if there is a homosexual in the lodge. It's not our business. Most of the members in my lodge where looking to vote for Ron Paul or Obama. We have a wide verse of different aspects of every facet of life in lodge, and that’s what makes it special. Also there is a huge range of young men in my lodge as well. For the time being up until last Thursday I was the youngest member (19). We now have an 18 year who is our youngest member. We also have a 21 year old and a 26 year old as well. The age has dropped big time allover CA. I don’t know about other states, but as far as I know we have a huge influx of young men who are usually not Neo-Conservatives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join