It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were mysterious dreams divine intervention?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Mysterious dreams lead to creation of highly sought after loudspeakers
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:24p.m.

Garth Murray used to be an air traffic controller, until a series of strokes left his memory decimated and his career destroyed.

But instead of giving up, he now designs and builds high end loud speakers that are winning accolades and are in high demand around the world.

Garth's speakers are so in demand that he simply cannot make them quick enough.

s/Mysteriousdreamsleadtocreationofhighlysoughtafterloudspeakers/tabid/184/articleID/53430/cat/64/Default.aspx

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ethann

i am unable to find the link on garth murray and am interested in the article.

i have solved a computer/accounting issue during a dream; however, there is a case against problem solving in dreams:

There are innumerable theories of dream function (Dallett, 1973). All of them are highly speculative and difficult to refute in a definitive way, and they therefore linger despite a lack of evidence for any of them. This situation also provides a fertile terrain for new and unlikely theories based on analogies drawn from each development or discovery in other areas of research. This search for a function seems necessary and sensible to most people, but it rests on the false "adaptationist" assumption that "all the things that have form have function" (Thompson, 2000, p. 1014). In fact, many structures and processes persist even though they have no function, and dreaming may be one of them (Flanagan, 1995; Flanagan, 2000a).
psych.ucsc.edu...

since i have personally experienced solving a problem important to my business i am convinced God/Creator helps us in our dreams:

You will discover, as I did, throughout scripture, that all of our dreams are messages from God with a purpose in mind; (to expose negative and positive characteristics), to reveal a mystery about ourselves (hidden agendas, talents, gifts, solutions to a problem, warnings of possible illness, and other things about ourselves which we are unaware of). Dreams also reveal future events, potential danger, as well as healing dreams for both the mind and body.
www.squidoo.com...

yes, i believe a divine intervention occurred w/garth murray.

new topics

join