It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will World War Three start???

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have been thinking recently about how WW3 would start(if it did)and I can't find hardly anyway it would realistically.I thought I would share my scenario and ask for others.Keep in mind this is not a nuclear exchange,but conventional war.I don't think China would get involved in anything because they have no reason to,why should they,they are booming economically and market the whole world,they would much rather sit back and make money.Russia wouldn't get involved IMO because their own country has major issue,and it would be suicide to engage in a major war.The USA and it's allies won't instigate any major war,not to mention the threat of MAD(Mutual Assured Destruction)also the effect on the already fledgling world economy if another world war broke out.I just don't think the "big"nations are willing to go to war or are "dumb"enough to start one in this day and age..............in the following scenario I see more than likely each event maybe becoming a individual conflict,rather than add to a world war.But anyway's if it would happen here's my scenario:

Israel attacks Iran,or Iran attacks Israel.........of course then Pakistan would get involved,aswell the other countries in the region(Saudi,Egypt,India maybe?,etc.)Then the US and allies would get involved,leading to China backing of Iran and maybe India(I see has a key to world war development)Than of course Russia declaring war on China by proxy

During this time I believe N.Korea would seize the opportunity to invade S.Korea and Japan,thus having Japan declare war on N.Korea aswell the US.China then I believe to almost certainty would back N.Korea(We all know China would be to happy to destroy Japan-which has been a thorn in their side forever)this will make the war a two front war.

There you have it,World War Three............you have now a two front war,all the major nations in conflict,and sure to come geographic and political changes throughout the world.

So in my war scenario heres the allies:USA,UK,France,Britain,Italy,Germany,Japan,Russia,Canada,S.Korea,(and the rest of Europe),Italy,Spain,Israel,Suadi.

Axis:China,Iran,N.Korea,India,Pakistan,Egypt.

Keep in mind this is just a rough draft of a possible "ally-axis"scenario,more or less countries may be added to either.

I look forward to you all's responses.

[edit on 4/27/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
well i haven't put much thought into it but your scenario sounds like a possiblity IF iran and isreal ever do get into a bullets flying match. fowever i do have to correct one thing in your post.

You put Saudia arabia in the allies list. There is no way in gods green earth they would ever side with isreal. They hate Isreal and have backed other attempts to destory isreal. and IF war ever did brek out between Isreal and Iran, SA would use oil as a weapon against anyone siding with isreal. they did it once before durring the 70's and they would do it again in a heart beat.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

So in my war scenario heres the allies:USA,UK,France,Britain,Italy,Germany,Japan,Russia,Canada,S.Korea,(and the rest of Europe),Italy,Spain,Israel,Suadi.

Axis:China,Iran,N.Korea,India,Pakistan,Egypt.

No offence, but this is the worst analysis I have ever seen anyone do... ever.

1. How can you put Saudi Arabia and Israel on the same side- they are mortal enemies

2. How can you put India and Pakistan on the same side - they are also mortal enemies

3. Why is Russia not on the Axis side?

4. In what situation would China fight on the Axis side instead of the Allied side?

5. In what situation would such a divide come about?!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

No offence, but this is the worst analysis I have ever seen anyone do... ever.

WOW,such harsh word's for an admitted hypothetical scenario,calm down dude...............can you give me a better scenairo??!

1. How can you put Saudi Arabia and Israel on the same side- they are mortal enemies
Ok,a mistake on my part.

2. How can you put India and Pakistan on the same side - they are also mortal enemies
I think possibly they would agree to fight together for mutual interest,but maybe Im wrong.

3. Why is Russia not on the Axis side?

If you read HOW the scenairo panned out you would understand.

4. In what situation would China fight on the Axis side instead of the Allied side?
Because China back's Iran.

5. In what situation would such a divide come about?!

Again,read my OP.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well, my personal opinion aside that WWIII is ongoing right now, just in its infancy...

The USA, despite what most people would think right now, is still a major power and a dangerous threat to any world-wide takeover. I expect a major attack on the USA before a real blood/guts conflict gets well underway, with the express purpose of simply stopping us from becoming involved. I doubt China or Russia will be directly involved in this, although I expect them to back whatever happens to the hilt.

Once the USA is out of the way, China will ally with India. Russia will ally with Iran against Israel. The goal of the Russian/Iranian alliance will be simply to take out Israel and any western culture in Iraq, uniting the Middle east as a Muslim version of the EU. The goal of the China/India alliance will be resources for the people (and of course the government), meaning takeover of as much land as possible.

At some point, the two alliances will combine and take on Europe. Europe, I believe, will win, but at a terrible cost in lives and property. In the meantime, the USa will be struggling to regain their footing from the attacks that befell them at the beginning. We'll sit this one out, if out of necessity.

Just my personal expectations... crystal ball is in the shop this week.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I will be a nuclear exchange, to start. And with everything going on right now, that is the only domino you need to drop before it all goes to...project bluebeam maybe?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm really not sure how World War III would start, but I suspect it would most likely be caused by some sort of actions by one Middle Eastern state against another, such as Iran launching missiles into Israel, or a terrorist organization backed by Syria launching a bit too big of a strike against Israel. This would of course lead the United States to act in favor of Israel as its protector. From there I'm not sure how things would pan out exactly, but you can bet that region of the world in particular would take a chance of being turned into a smoldering crater, something I hope never happens, but we'll see.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Who if not China or Russia will or does have the power to inflict such a debilitating airstrike on the US?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Anyone with weapons supplied by Russia or China.

And it need not be direct nuclear attacks, either. Anything that will put us out of commission will do. A devastated economy perhaps? How about a single virus that would cripple our computers? Name one part of the USA that does not daily depend on computers? I know of only one, a small general store down the road a few miles. But even they have to depend on suppliers who depend on computers.

How about internal civil war? That would definitely take us out of the picture. Or how about a series of 'crisis' manufactured to spread our troops so thin that we would be unable to pull them back in fast enough for a response? I remember something about a crushing defeat on Napoleon by the Russians using a similar tactic.

And, like I said, it's just my own little fantasy anyway. I'll be glad when they get the part in for that crystal ball.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It started when the US attacked Iraq just like Hitler did to Poland.

Same #, different asshole.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think WW3 will be between the elits of every country vs. the common man. If you need to compartmentalize it into Axis and Allies(which is pointless) then go ahead. I think we can all agree that population control is at the top of the Axis agenda, so if that's it, then it may have already started. However, I believe that the final conflict will be a battle of ideas after WW3 has taken place. I think there will be a world wide 1776 style Revolution where most all dictators, ceo's, and elits will be killed or ousted. I think their money will be siezed and destroed and balance with nature will once again return to humanity as we all realize that politics, economy, and religion are all full of it!

I for one, will only fight another battle if it's for the absolute equality of all men, everywhere. This will be the only way we will get rid of war and sh-t like this permenantly. When we fight the final battle for universal truth and equality give me a call, I already know who the enemy of equality is, so I'm just waiting for the sh-t to hit the fan!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I mean its "possible"but not plausible.............the US is known for it's ability to quickly mobilize forces,so I don't think "shadow conflicts"in this day and age will do with the ability to send massive troop forces anywhere in the world in hours.

A virus,sure but we do have failsafes and I don't think it would be as devastating as you think.

A Civil War?Yea,prolly the most likely possibility,but I still don't see that happening,but yea if it did-we would definitely be outa' ww3.

A couple well placed terror attacks won't do it either,the US is to massive.

[edit on 4/27/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
who ever would attack the U.S.A would need help from god forbid Mexico and Canada and I will tell you why I beleve this if you were just to bomb the us that would not have much of an impact it would have to be masive and let me tell you any country becides Russia or China would be hard pressed to amass such an air force however if you were to lets say have help from our frinds up north and down south to easy invade from the top and fly bombers from the bottom navel strikes from the west coast now im not takeing in to account our navy or air force or the early warning radar im assumeing thats all taken out.

now as for how all this could start food/ oil shortages causeing the world to implode in on its self the un would disolve and old aliances will be broken and i beleve we will see this in our life time it is allready happining

Sorry for the miss spelled words

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by herbalepoch

I agree to an extent,hell I think the next war will be an Intergalactic War,but that's another thread(lol)

I fear,however if you are right it may be to late as the PTB have to much of a "strangle hold".

But as it is,back to topic.............I would like some more scenarios has to how a ww3 can break out.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I tend to agree with you as far as shadow conflicts. The idea was to point out that there are other ways than the old method of 'just kill 'em all' that would work.

On the computer virus, I think you place too much faith in those fail-safes. A shotgun makes a great backup in case of a robbery, but only if it's not so rusty that it no longer works.

I see the civil war scenario being the most probable of the three, personally. The amount of animosity between people in the USA right now, combined with the 50-50 split right down the political center makes for a nice explosive. All we need is a lit fuse.

In any case, I base the idea of us sitting this one out on the Pearl Harbor attacks at the start of WWII. We were the reason the pendulum favored the Allied forces, and even Japan later said, before their defeat, that they had erred in the attack. Don't discount the Asians on intelligence; they have studied warfare before Western civilization existed. I seriously doubt they will wake a sleeping giant again. I would think that this time, they would more likely nail him to the floor first.

TheRedneck

[edit on 27-4-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
World war 3 will start when somebody leaves the toilet seat up for the 75 billionth time,and it sends Hillary Clinton over the edge.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Excellent points(starred).........hey what part of Alabama are you from,I used to live in Tennessee.But for some reason I dont see anything escalating into another civil war,it seems that the majority of the populous is way to passive(HARRP,maybe)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
NE corner of the state, not far from Chattanooga. I don't mind telling, since back in these mountains, I'm hard to find if I give turn-by-turn directions.

And passive... yeah, you're right there. But you've also heard of the calm before the storm, I assume?

Anyway, speaking of the Choo-Choo, I have to be heading out for another run. I really enjoyed the exchange, and good luck with the rest of this thread. Flagged.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

In order for this to truly be a world war, a majority of the world must be involved. Listed are a few events which, I believe, will contribute to the start of and alliances in the third world war, should it occur.

The number one factor in the fruition of WWIII will be the death of Osama bin Laden. In my opinion, the Arab world (at least the Arab world that supports or sympathizes with Al-Qaeda) will claim that the US killed him. The US will initially fiercely deny these claims, because they are, in fact, untrue. However, once the US realizes that they are amidst the start of a global war, they will attempt to enthrall the masses with untrue claims that they did, in fact, kill the terror lord. Upon the death of their leader, Al-Qaeda will faction itself into several hundred splinter groups, most of which will call themselves Al-Qaeda. The US propoganda machine will maintain that these groups are still one large, organized terror group, despite the fact that there will be fighting amongst these groups. The US will claim that Ayman Al-Zawahiri heads Al-Qaeda, and, even though his faction will be the largest group calling itself Al-Qaeda, it certainly won't be the only one.

In 2007, the term of Nigeria's President, Olusegun Obasanjo, will end. Obasanjo was responsible for essentially uniting the country in its first democratic rule in 16 years back in 1999. Previous to his rule, the country had been overrun by a series of military dictatorships. Lately, there has been much in-fighting, especially in the predominantly Muslim north which is opposed to his regime (mainly because he is a born-again Christian), and around the Niger River Delta to the south. The fighting in the south is currently devestating the country's oil exportation. In 2007, the democratic system will crumble, giving way for civil war between the Muslims, Christains and Yorubas. Naturally, the US will support anyone but the Muslims. Because it is the 12th largest oil producer and the 8th largest oil exporter, the US and other nations will have prime investment in this region of the world.

Recently, Israel's PM approved arms sales to Abbas, the main Palestinian leader in opposition to Hamas. Abbas will be assassinated, and fingerpointing will dominate. Israel will naturally blame Hamas, and Hamas will blame Israel. The actual cause for his death will not matter because the people will believe what they want to believe. The US will support Israel, because that's the kind of thing that the US does. Without the United States' help, Israel would likely lose to Palestine because no other country would be willing to support them.

In China, certain autonomous regions will see the conflict in the rest of the world as an opportunity to declare their independence. Should Taiwan decide it's time for military conflict, Japan will support them monetarily (because they aren't allowed to have a standing army). Soon enough, Japan will form an army despite the UN sanctions against it, and the US will likely align themselves with China. The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region will likely try to declare its independence, gaining support from the various -stans nearby. Given the predominantly Muslim population and China's allegations of terrorism within the region, the US will have even more reason to align itself with China (in addition to the trade benefits). Tibet, also, will attempt to cessede from China, garnering the support from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and locals in India. However popular the uprising may be, the Indian government will not support Tibet, because they will need the United States' support for their warring in and around Kashmir. In India, either Pakistan or India will definitively capture Kashmir which will only raise tensions between the two nations.

In Western Africa, the Islamic dictatorship will develop in Somalia. The US will continue to support the warlords, despite the fact that their world view is far more bleak than that of the Islamic Militants. The US will also support Ethiopian infiltration into Somalia, garnering rage from both the Islamic Fundementalists and resistant Somalians alike.

The 'democracies' in Iraq and Afghanistan will fail completely. In Iraq, the country will be left in much the same state as Somalia is today. The Kurds will seize land and found the nation of Kurdistan. Although no countries will recognize the existence of Kurdistan, they will have support from various Al-Qaeda groups, and will become the base of operations for many of them. The Sunnis and Shi'ites will battle fiercely for Baghdad, even though the city will have no actual political influence. The US, meanwhile, will flat out abandon the area, realizing that the only organized government--Kurdistan, which controls most of the Iraqi oil--is organized against them. Meanwhile, in Afghanistan, the Taliban will have a resurgence. The US and much of the UN will refuse to recognize the Taliban government, much like the Myanmar government of what was formerly Burma.

Russia's economy will collapse as it is revealed, to no one's surprise, that the government was largely corrupt. In the ensuing disarray, Chechnya will attempt to declare its independence. What remains of the Russian government will attempt to stop the cessation, but fail, despite the support from the US.

The 'sides,' though fragile, will go as follows:

US, UK, Poland, Australia, India, China, Ethiopia, Russia, Italy, and much of Southernand Western Africa, Kyrgyzstan

Kurdistan, Xinjiang, Al-Qaeda under Al-Zawahiri, Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Malaysia, Somalia, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Chechnya, Taiwan, Japan, much of Northern and Eastern Africa, Venezuela, Afghanistan

Switzerland and Sweden (along with much of the rest of Scandanavia) will remain neutral; however, they will occasionally aid the US allies.

France and Spain will remain neutral; however, they will occasionally, and in secret, aid the Islamic allies.

That's how I see it playing out. Any rebuttals, additions, disagreements feel free to comment. I am no prophet.

Here's another scenario from another source.

LINK

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

In order for this to truly be a world war, a majority of the world must be involved. Listed are a few events which, I believe, will contribute to the start of and alliances in the third world war, should it occur.

The number one factor in the fruition of WWIII will be the death of Osama bin Laden. In my opinion, the Arab world (at least the Arab world that supports or sympathizes with Al-Qaeda) will claim that the US killed him. The US will initially fiercely deny these claims, because they are, in fact, untrue. However, once the US realizes that they are amidst the start of a global war, they will attempt to enthrall the masses with untrue claims that they did, in fact, kill the terror lord. Upon the death of their leader, Al-Qaeda will faction itself into several hundred splinter groups, most of which will call themselves Al-Qaeda. The US propoganda machine will maintain that these groups are still one large, organized terror group, despite the fact that there will be fighting amongst these groups. The US will claim that Ayman Al-Zawahiri heads Al-Qaeda, and, even though his faction will be the largest group calling itself Al-Qaeda, it certainly won't be the only one.

In 2007, the term of Nigeria's President, Olusegun Obasanjo, will end. Obasanjo was responsible for essentially uniting the country in its first democratic rule in 16 years back in 1999. Previous to his rule, the country had been overrun by a series of military dictatorships. Lately, there has been much in-fighting, especially in the predominantly Muslim north which is opposed to his regime (mainly because he is a born-again Christian), and around the Niger River Delta to the south. The fighting in the south is currently devestating the country's oil exportation. In 2007, the democratic system will crumble, giving way for civil war between the Muslims, Christains and Yorubas. Naturally, the US will support anyone but the Muslims. Because it is the 12th largest oil producer and the 8th largest oil exporter, the US and other nations will have prime investment in this region of the world.

Recently, Israel's PM approved arms sales to Abbas, the main Palestinian leader in opposition to Hamas. Abbas will be assassinated, and fingerpointing will dominate. Israel will naturally blame Hamas, and Hamas will blame Israel. The actual cause for his death will not matter because the people will believe what they want to believe. The US will support Israel, because that's the kind of thing that the US does. Without the United States' help, Israel would likely lose to Palestine because no other country would be willing to support them.

In China, certain autonomous regions will see the conflict in the rest of the world as an opportunity to declare their independence. Should Taiwan decide it's time for military conflict, Japan will support them monetarily (because they aren't allowed to have a standing army). Soon enough, Japan will form an army despite the UN sanctions against it, and the US will likely align themselves with China. The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region will likely try to declare its independence, gaining support from the various -stans nearby. Given the predominantly Muslim population and China's allegations of terrorism within the region, the US will have even more reason to align itself with China (in addition to the trade benefits). Tibet, also, will attempt to cessede from China, garnering the support from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and locals in India. However popular the uprising may be, the Indian government will not support Tibet, because they will need the United States' support for their warring in and around Kashmir. In India, either Pakistan or India will definitively capture Kashmir which will only raise tensions between the two nations.

In Western Africa, the Islamic dictatorship will develop in Somalia. The US will continue to support the warlords, despite the fact that their world view is far more bleak than that of the Islamic Militants. The US will also support Ethiopian infiltration into Somalia, garnering rage from both the Islamic Fundementalists and resistant Somalians alike.

The 'democracies' in Iraq and Afghanistan will fail completely. In Iraq, the country will be left in much the same state as Somalia is today. The Kurds will seize land and found the nation of Kurdistan. Although no countries will recognize the existence of Kurdistan, they will have support from various Al-Qaeda groups, and will become the base of operations for many of them. The Sunnis and Shi'ites will battle fiercely for Baghdad, even though the city will have no actual political influence. The US, meanwhile, will flat out abandon the area, realizing that the only organized government--Kurdistan, which controls most of the Iraqi oil--is organized against them. Meanwhile, in Afghanistan, the Taliban will have a resurgence. The US and much of the UN will refuse to recognize the Taliban government, much like the Myanmar government of what was formerly Burma.

Russia's economy will collapse as it is revealed, to no one's surprise, that the government was largely corrupt. In the ensuing disarray, Chechnya will attempt to declare its independence. What remains of the Russian government will attempt to stop the cessation, but fail, despite the support from the US.

The 'sides,' though fragile, will go as follows:

US, UK, Poland, Australia, India, China, Ethiopia, Russia, Italy, and much of Southernand Western Africa, Kyrgyzstan

Kurdistan, Xinjiang, Al-Qaeda under Al-Zawahiri, Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Malaysia, Somalia, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Chechnya, Taiwan, Japan, much of Northern and Eastern Africa, Venezuela, Afghanistan

Switzerland and Sweden (along with much of the rest of Scandanavia) will remain neutral; however, they will occasionally aid the US allies.

France and Spain will remain neutral; however, they will occasionally, and in secret, aid the Islamic allies.

That's how I see it playing out. Any rebuttals, additions, disagreements feel free to comment. I am no prophet.

Here's another scenario from another source.

LINK

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join