It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skull-Implants, Tattoos, and Simple Self-Mutilation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Self-Mutilation: You got to "love it", if you're a total-freak!! Many of us realize a lot of tattoo-artists don't promote self-mutilation or anything "too extreme" (deadly):

That Zune Tattoo Guy’s Got Nothing On This
It seems more people are getting tattoos these days to show loyalty to a particular brand or product than for traditional rebellious reasons. We’ve all seen our share of Nintendo, Apple or even Zune tattoos, but none of them come even close to the ink that one Spiderman fan had done. The tattoo is designed to look like the guy’s skin is actually being torn away to reveal the Spiderman costume underneath. While I personally think having the Superman logo revealed on his chest would’ve been slightly cooler, this tattoo is still an impressive piece of work.

You can check out the thread that this tattoo spawned on [/Emptees.com, but I have to warn you that some of the other tattoos are definitely not safe for work.

I assume the author of that story meant "not safe for work", as in "many employers would not hire people, who have unusual tattoos" (like the ones above & below):

*image removed*

...and last but not least, morbid tattoos (especially the "in your face" one):

Tattoo Parlor

Crazy Tattoo People of the World
(Note: I don't support the verbal-attacks against all tattoo-artists)

These people dare to be different, and very strange. They have skull-implants:

World of Weird - Skull Implants

body piercings

[edit on 27-4-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

mod edit: removed offensive image.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by UK Wizard]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
those superman tats are pretty cool though. I wouldn't wantthem on my skin,but it's good art work. As is the dude with the globe/head thing and the proper mad dude with the open neck stuff. (the one under that is ugly)

I remember once,I was at some gabba club,loads of freaks there. I spent the majority of the night,trying to avoid eye contact with this one guy,he was hardcore! Head to toe ink,real menacing stuff. He had implants under his skin all down both arms,making him look almost reptilian and he had 4 big metal spikes in his head. Anyway,as the night went on,I get a bit knackered and go for a sit down. He's done the same thing,and we end up having a conversation for like an hour. I felt a little ashamed of myself for thinking he was sketchy based on his appearence. (I told him this,and he laughed,he gets it quite alot) When infact he was one of the most articulated and thought provoking people I've ever met. He even let me flick one of his head spikes

I have no peircings or tats,but I've thought about it before. (thought about the head spikes too,cos they do look pretty cool) A tattoo for me,would have to represent something special. I was going to have a mutant turntable on my arm,but I neve got round to designing it.

I think that some of this extreme body mod stuff can look wicked if done right. But it can look total gash if it's not.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I was going to mention the guy who put tiny breast implants under a tat of a naked woman.But you already have the vid. Great idea! I like the spider man tattoos too. I dont really find this weird. the D sucka one is a little disturbing though, you have to have SOME respect for your self. Great post btw

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

haha I see what you mean. Most of those tattoos & piercings do seem very well-done. I like most of that artwork. Of course, there are several tattoos (especially the death-head/"skull-tattoo" & "spiderman-tattoo" with the appearance of ripped-skin) I would never get for myself, but I like the art. Thanks for sharing your opinions, and thanks for your comments.

reply to post by 23Eulogy23

Thanks for sharing your viewpoint. I agree with you. That image was disturbing to me too. I'm sorry I showed it to you, now. Anyway, it was removed, recently. Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
haha, they are some of the best tattoos Ive seen in a long time. Esp that spiderman one, thats just amazing.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Yea, a few of those are some of the best tattoos I've seen too. The Spiderman-tattoo is very unusual.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ChadAndrewATS

I imagine that some of those tattoos must have taken 2 or more days to complete. Those are really interesting. Thanks for posting those pictures. I wouldn't want to get any tattoos or implants, unless an alien forced me to do so.

haha Even they like implants!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think I just lost my lunch.....
But... I do admit some of those are freakin' sweet!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FadeToBlack

Yea, I know what you mean. A lot of those tattoos are definitely weird & interesting. :w:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I wanna know what made some of those people get tattoos of Websites??
I saw one Facebook one under someone's navel in that vid clip?? And another woman getting her forehead tattooed with another website? who's to say those sites will be up and operating in 5 years?? - unless those are temp that is very dumb!

Strangely tho I liked the one about killing Ray Ramano!

Loads of good art there as there should be - tats / body modding is not for me any more - I used to have a thing for it but never went past piercing, I would always make my self chill off for 14 days after choosing a tat - figured if I still liked it I'd get it - never got one!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I want to know how these people get a job. Do they work? I know I wouldn't ever hire them. If they don't work how they eat, live? If they work what kind of place would hire them?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

I work in management (granted it's for a chain of record stores), personally I have a lot of tattoos (hands, feet, neck), prior to that I did data analysis for a large retail company (again, heavily tattooed), although in a non sustomer-facing role. I've had a couple of adverse reactions to my appearance, but rarely and mostly from people that I wouldn't trust to drive a vehicle responsibly.
Anyhoo, I think in this day and age tattooing is so "normal" hardly anyone bats an eyelid, half of my staff are tattooed, some quite heavily...
Awkward as this sounds, I'd be more inclined to employ someone that was tattooed/pierced, I'd tend to think they'd be more down to earth and adaptable to change.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Have any of you heard "Scarification"?
They cut the skin away and let it scar. Saw a documentary on this, a woman got half done and couldn't finish the rest because of the pain.

Possible disturbing images: really look nice though.
2 examples.
www.bmezine.com...

www.bmezine.com...

I like tattoo's if their done right, and some in those vids are just not right.
The spiderman one looks great, for now, not so much when the skin wrinkles with age though I bet...

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Those tats are amazing, especially the spider-man and M. C. Escher ones, the art is ....wow...Thank you for posting these! lol, I've always wanted to get an Escher piece on my body but i thought the artwork would be too detailed, but now you've proved me wrong
yay

join