It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Fix For Global Warming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Possible Fix For Global Warming?

www.sciencedaily.com

Environmental Engineers Use Algae To Capture Carbon Dioxide

— Engineers have designed a simple, sustainable and natural carbon sequestration solution using algae. A team at Ohio University created a photo bioreactor that uses photosynthesis to grow algae, passing carbon dioxide over large membranes, placed vertically to save space. The carbon dioxide produced by the algae is harvested by dissolving into the surrounding water. The algae can be harvested and made into biodiesel fuel and feed for animals. A reactor with 1.25 million square meters of algae screens could be up and running by 2010.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I find stuff like this very interesting and hopeful... However i do believe that any solutions to the problems facing us have to be a combination of common sense, simplicity and high tech... high tech alone will not save us.

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
although i dont fall into the iditoc claim of global warming what do the algae convert the co2 into? oxygen or water or something like that?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is yet more smoke & mirrors.
CO2 does not now & never has driven climate on this planet.
It is all down to a combination of the Sun and Cosmic Radiation.

The whole Human caused CO2 thing is yet another scam to start introducing ever more taxation to prop up some seriously ailing economies - nothing more.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Deny all you will... it doesn't change the reality that the climate is changing and it is just plain ignorance to claim that we don't have an affect on it. If something like this helps, wonderful.

Get your bloody heads out of the sand.

top topics

join