It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Reality TV Shows"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Iam looking for everyone's opinion of reality shows. Everything from American Idol to Survivor, from Big Brother to Dancing with the Stars.
What reality shows do you watch and enjoy, and which ones should be flushed down the toilet in your opinion?
It seems every week there are new shows and I cannot keep up with them all. Of course there are special shows on some satellite channels as well.
So tell me, what you like and don't like.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I enjoy a few reality shows like Gene Simmons Family Jewels, LA ink, Mythbusters, and Hell's Kitchen.

I can't stand American Idol.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I used to be a huge Survivor fan. The others I just can't stand..:shk:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I cannot stand American Idol but, I do watch the first couple episodes that air!
I get a kick out of those crazy acting people...lol!

I like Hell's Kitchen!

Survivor is okay but, if I miss an episode I stop watching it!

That reminds me, I have'nt watched tv in a long time!

The computer has takin over me!

You have a great night AD!

[edit on 4/27/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

I agree with you, I only watch CSI, and that is because my Flat screen is on my desk beside my computer in my bedroom. That's all I watch.
have a great night too Courtney!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I gave up TV about 4 years ago. Don't even have rabbit ears for the basic channels.

Don't miss it at all.

If there is something I want to watch, I'll rent the dvd's and watch a season's worth. No commercials, watch as much or as little at a time as I chose.

I did like Hell's Kitchen for a reality show. It was pretty accurate to what happens in kitchen's. Trust me I know. Ramsey is famous for his temper. I've worked with chef's like him. You just learn not to take it personally.

The rest of "reality" TV is crap. At least the little I have seen anyway. Ya want reality TV, watch sports.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I work in a restaurant.My two sons are cooks there, and my other son a dishwasher. We get our own reality version of HELL"s Kitchen every Friday and Saturday night.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Well that explains a lot!

I worked at a seafood place here about 4 years ago. Usually 8 of us on the line from Wed. to Sat. I'm pretty sure the chef only knew the names of the dishes and 4 letter words. I can't recall him saying much else and I was the sous chef so I got the brunt of it.

Hell's kitchen would be an appropriate description.

But at the end of the night, there was a lot of this..... and a lot of this....:w:. It made it bearable.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Well that explains a lot!

I worked at a seafood place here about 4 years ago. Usually 8 of us on the line from Wed. to Sat. I'm pretty sure the chef only knew the names of the dishes and 4 letter words. I can't recall him saying much else and I was the sous chef so I got the brunt of it.

Hell's kitchen would be an appropriate description.

But at the end of the night, there was a lot of this..... and a lot of this....:w:. It made it bearable.

EXACTLY! you described it pretty well. our managers are great though, and we have music blasting all over the restaurant, and we sing and dance to it..even in front of the customers. My job is host though, to seat the dozens of people that walk in, and bus tables after they leave.The entire staff gets along great, but yeah, Wed.- Saturday..BUUUSSSYYY!!!!
Ok I know off topic.

Like i said, in the beginning I was a HUGE fan of Survivor. But it's gotten too cheesy, uncreative, and downright boring.
Still think Boston Rob is hot, and I watched The Amazing Race when he was on, and I saw him on a paranormal show about ghosts recently.
I can't watch Idol. The contestants in the first rounds give me a headache that no aspirin can cure.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I watch Rock of Love with Bret Michaels, and Charm School. Oh and Biggest Loser! I do agree most of them arent that great and there are WAY too many coming out. I cant think of any more. Thanks for the post!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And how could I forget my absolute favorite, Real Housewives of Orange County.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
And how could I forget my absolute favorite, Real Housewives of Orange County.

Just watched that, actually.
but I prefer the NY version.

top topics

join