It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My very real, scary experience with doll/toys. Anyone had any?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zyklon

Hello, interesting story. I also have a distinct memory of a doll experience of my younger years.When I was about 10, my friend was over, and I told her of my brand new doll, which I was very proud of. It was a porcelin doll, a foot tall at the most. She was an Irish dancer, in a knee length green and purple dress, with brown curly hair, standing on a brown pedestal. I showed her, and she said how horrible it looked. I was deeply offended, but the shy girl I was I pretended to agree. She started doing all sorts of horrible things to it: spitting at it, clawing at her hair and hitting it. I played along, amused. She wanted thedoll to fight back. No sooner then we stopped did the doll fall over by itself. Startled and frightened, we dashed out of the room. My dog went in and came out, and we felt safe to go back in. We did, and the doll was back up on my dresser.We were so spooked, we just sat and stared. The doll fell again. We ran and told my dad, and of course he didn't believe us. Years later, I still own that doll, on my brand new dresser. It seems silly, but I'm almost afraid to see the results if I dare throw it away. I always can feel it watching me. I really wonder if the doll was "fighting back" as my friend wanted. (I also have no idea of the whereabouts of my past so-called friend)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zyklon

The doll story sounds like a really bad nightmare and I don't doubt that it happen in real life and not in a dream. I myself have had a few run ins with a doll or two.

When I was about 10. My 4 friends and I were sitting on the bed in my friends bed room telling ghost stories. Im not sure why we all were looking at the doll on her dresser I guess because the stories weren't that great but all of a sudden the doll turned its head smiled at us and turn back. The wierdest part is that right after that happened a small white dot about the size of a finger tip floated away from the doll and out the bed room door. For the rest of the night we told the ghost stories in front of her house.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There is something a bit creepy about dolls. Perhaps some of the creepiness that we perceive stems from subconscious associations between the human-shaped inanimate form of the doll, and the inanimate human form of the corpse. Or maybe it goes back to some kind of instinct regarding their use in past times as part of sympathetic magic or witchcraft.

I don't have any creepy doll stories myself. However, I was recently reading the interesting account of the South Sheilds Poltergeist by Michael Hallowell and Darren Ritson. The Poltergeist in this case seemed to spend most of its time doing stuff in the child's bedroom and close by at the top of the stairs. The child was a boy, three years old at the time, so there weren't any girly dolls but he did have figures like a talking 'Bob the Builder' and 'Scooby Doo'. These two in particular would talk when they weren't switched on, and even when the batteries were taken out of them, and would utter phrases that weren't supposed to be in their repertoire and seemed to be addressed directly to whoever was there at the time. The polt also seemed to like setting up the child's stuffed toys in grisly tableaus - for example, one time a big toy rabbit was found seated in chair at the top of the stairs with a box-cutter blade between its paws. Another time they found a toy rabbit positioned with a knife as if in its paw, with the blade of the knife as if to slice through the throat of a toy duck. Now that's creepy..

[edit on 25-8-2008 by skjalddis]

typos typos

[edit on 25-8-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I remember waking up one night when I was a kid and looking out in to the hall way to see my Sister's "Chatty Kathy" doll walking out of her room and down the hall.

I think it is possible that some disembodied spirits may posses things like dolls that look like the human body, etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I thought I was just going to lurk forever on this board and never join, but this thread has pulled me out of the woodwork.

The story I have to share doesn't really have any paranormal elements to it (as far as I know), but it is about dolls and how uneasy they can make an entire family.

When I was about nine years old, my Mom and Dad threw me a surprise birthday party and they hired a clown performer. In keeping with this theme, one of the gifts I was given was a clown marionette. It seemed like a fun toy at first -- even though I didn't particularly care for clowns. It was about two feet tall, with a wooden face, hands, and feet and a cloth body.

Well, the marionette was tucked away with my stuffed animals, on a small bench in my bedroom. After about a week or so, it really started to creep me out. It had big, googly eyes and a rather sinister smile. So, I took it off of the bench and buried it in the bottom of my closet, underneath all of my other toys. A couple of days later, my mom was helping me tidy up my room, and she said, "Where's your clown marionette?" I told her that I thought it was in the closet, and she dug through my toys until she found it. Then she returned it to its original place on the bench.

And so began a silent battle with my mother. I'd get freaked out and bury "Mr. Clown" (My mom's name for it; I hated it so much I didn't name it) in the bottom of my closet. She would dig him out and put him back on the bench. This happened throughout my childhood until we moved out of the house we were in. At the new house, I stuck Mr. Clown in the closet and happily, he remained there.

Years later, when I had been living on my own for a couple of years, my mom asked me to come over and sort through all of the stuff that I still had stored at her house. She was about to convert my old bedroom into her computer room and wanted to clear out the closet. So, Mom and I sat down to sort through everything. And there, down at the very bottom of my closet, a little wrinkled but no worse for wear, was Mr. Clown. Mom held him out to me and said, "Oh look! It's Mr. Clown! Don't want to take him home with you?"

I took a deep breath and decided to confess. I said, "I hate to tell you this, Mom, but that thing has always freaked me out. That's why I'd always bury it in the bottom of my closet. I never wanted it out where it could see me."

I thought she might be annoyed or maybe even a little sad about this confession, but instead, she burst into hysterical laughter and called my father into the room. She asked me to repeat what I told her, so I did.

My dad heaved a huge sigh of relief when I was done talking. He said, "I have hated that thing since the moment you got it. It always scared me. Your mother kept digging it out of the closet, and I couldn't understand why she didn't just leave it there."

"I kept digging it out of the closet because I had this strange feeling it would get angry if I left it in there!" My mother explained. "I always felt like it could get angry very easily -- it scared me!"

The three of us had a good laugh...and then we all carried Mr. Clown outside and dumped him in the trash. My dad made a joke about maybe finding it again one day under mysterious circumstances. I told him that if it did reappear, I didn't want to know about it.

So, like I said, not really paranormal related, but definitely an example of how uneasy some toys can make people!

[edit on 26-8-2008 by SalvationJane]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Textreply to post by Zyklon

the scariest thing that has ever happened to me was of course a dream it started off as me going to get a lifesize doll the day before halloween

Halloween night i had a dream that the lifesize doll cam to lie and scared me like so bad that it said pass me the knife and i said no and it said fine go hide i dare you you'll see what happens...

so i went to go hide and the dolly said i am in momy's room dolly's ganna get you...

dolly is in the hallway dolly ganna get you... so i hid under my bed and she whispered dolly is in your room dolly ganna get you dolly by the bed dolly ganna kill you i peaked out and the lifesize doll was right by my bed when i woke up and as i remember i had it in the closet...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well that was super creepy.

Maybe you would benefit from some recession hypnosis?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I had a porcelein doll once that my mother decided to store in the attic. It sat there over the summer months. When she brought it down again, the heat had turned her eyes bright red...

Not haunted, but definitely scary-looking.

I have had experiences with haunted guitars, though.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Very creepy story for sure . Now I cant sleep either ........... the clowns will eat me..................

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zyklon

mybe she was a mother who die and know she thanks off you as her child.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I forgot all about this thread. I remember when it was first created. Creepy story in the OP.

I have a stoyr but its not so creepy.

When I was about 6 my sister (about 9) had a teddy bear. It had a button on its hand and when you pressed it, it would say three or four different phrases i.e. Hi im (name?).

Anyway, I used to love that thing. I used to play with it more than my sister. One day when my sister was out playing I snuck into her room to go get it. After a short search I found it in her closet. While still on my knees I pressed the button and it said first in a mans voice "WHO"S THERE!?" and then in a childs voice (ive always assumed it to be a girls voice) "GET OUT OF HERE,WERE EATING!"

I threw the doll down and left the room. I didnt play with it as much after that, although it never said it or anything like it again.

I did have MANY ghostly experiences in that house, but that is the only one involving a doll.

Anyway that is my not so creepy but still bizzare story. thanks for the opportunity to share.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I used to do respite for a foster family and in the beginning of 2007 Vancouver had it's first traffic fatality and it was the mother (23 year old) of the baby boy I was in charge of for a 10 day span (shortly after her death). She died when a car slid turning into a gas station and rear ended another vehicle sending it into the bus shelter where she was standing and pinned her inside the shelter. She died before getting to the hospital.

While I was sitting, her son (who had just had surgery on his throat and needed a NG tube to feed) and I were playing on the floor with the other foster baby. I got up to check his NG bag in the sink to see if it was warm enough and while I was standing at the counter a large diaper bag literally JUMPED off teh sideboard.

The three teens were there and we all jumped. That bag had been squarely placed on the sideboard in the bottom were several jars of babyfood, diaper creme and toys and it was VERY heavy. Too heavy to just fly off the cupboard the way it did. At least three feet outward.

His Mum had been dead for only about a 2 weeks but I didn't really consider it until later.

Once the older kids were settled into a movie in the family room, me and the babies were reading a book...I was wiped. Taking care of 2 babes the same age, plus four teens (five if you count the friend of the oldest boy) and it was past bedtime. So I bathed the little girl and got her into bed first as the boy liked to play a bit before settling to sleep.

As I was getting him into his jammies he managed to hook a finger under the NG tube dangling from his nose and gave it a good yank. This was panic mode LOL...I'm not gonna try to get it back in and it had come out too much to slip it back down so i had no choice but to pull it out and opt to call the Community Nurse in the morning to put in a new one.

So out comes the tube with no fuss and no gagging and the kid seemed to perk right up. No tube in the way and he was all about playing.

By this time it's 10PM and WAYYYY past bedtime so I started putting toys away. Nothing with batteries were out that day...just some books and whatnot. He was finally sleepy and rather weepy and so i bundled him up and gave him a little snuggle and a lullaby in the rocker.

He passed out cold and as I got up to put him into his room, a toy from somewhere in the toy box says "I like playing with you!"

Creeped the hell outta me!!!

Once the babe was asleep I rooted through the toy box looking for the toy, it was an Elmo. NO BATTERIES...I listened to every other damn toy and none said "i like playing with you". I found some AA's and popped them in and the second sentence Elmo said was "I like playing with you".

I am certain it was Mum checking on her boy quite frankly.

She was a very wonderful Mother who had just gotten her life together, finished school, got totally clean and was about to get her boy back a week before she was killed. That boy's eyes lit up like Christmas when he saw her on visits and it was very sad.

That's the only "doll" thing that ever happened to me...I am actually terribly spooked by dolls in general. Gimme the heebiejeebies.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

damn dude, your creepin' me out! lol! i wonder what they were eating and were?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
One time when little I was home sick and had to stay in bed all day. There was a ceramic figurine on the shelf which was a planter like a tree, with a little male elf next to it (all one piece). After awhile, I noticed that the elf moved! He'd run in one direction, and then would hide, and then go back to where he was. I thought I was imagining things. I closed my eyes, would open then and the elf would move again. He looked at me, like he was alive. I kept telling myself I was just imagining it, but it sure looked real![/font]

Heres a scary doll!

[edit on 1/1/09 by aWoman]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by neil a
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

damn dude, your creepin' me out! lol! i wonder what they were eating and were?

oh, mabye it was creepier than I thought.

I dont know what they were eating, but I always imagined that it was some type of breakfast food. I think the reason I imagine breakfast food is that it was in the morning not long after I ate breakfast, so being a kid I guess I attacted their eating to breakfast.

As for where they were eating. I pictured it as.... actually I remember the picture quite vividly, I pictured an old run down house. I remember picturing the kitchen. There was a little beat up round wooden table, lots of windows. there was a torn up screen door that led outside... You know that almost seems a bit too vivid. It almost makes me wonder if the picture was somehow implanted.... I dont know. but for what its worth....

I wish I could find a picture of that thing. I will have to dig through some old photos next time im at my moms place. She may have a pic of me or my sister holding it... If I ever find anything I will post a pic

[edit on 1-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
The flying snake was probably fake. Some legends make reference to serpents and snakes talking to them. Someone appears to be playing mind games with us throughout our history.

Or people then were telling the truth and people are playing mind games with us now...

Originally posted by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk
You might want to ask some proffessionals about it.

"Professionals" are absolutely useless when it comes to dealing with paranormal situations. They are the dumbest of the dumbest. Even if they believed a paranormal explanation was likely, I seriously doubt they would even be permitted to say so.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Very creeepy story!

You simply have to check this site out.

EDIT: To all of you who have probs with Clowns, Vincent the Haunted Doll, is, a CLOWN! lol

Great site!
Lots of pics, EVPs (of the haunted clown and other EVPs) and lots of good links.
I'm sure she'd love your story too!

Vincent the Haunted Doll

Here’s a little part of what she writes...

I had Vincent in a spare bedroom. He was standing on a small couch. The spare bedroom is also where the laundry baskets are located. My daughter uses the closet in the room as well. We both go into the room a couple times a day. I walked in and noticed Vincent had moved~~ He was standing in front of the Laundry basket!! I asked my daughter if she had moved him and she said the last time she saw him before leaving for school he was still standing on the couch~
Other events since the arrival of the clown doll.
I heard children whispering and laughing early in the morning. I thought it was my daughter, so I went in to say good morning and she was sound asleep. My dog woke up in the night barking like crazy while facing the corner of my bedroom on more than one occasion.
It was frightening. ~~
I set my recorder up next to the doll numerous times.
Below are the EVP's that were recorded.
Scroll down to hear the voices of a Haunted clown doll~

*P*E*A*C*E*

[edit on 1-1-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
...Fear can take many forms, and it is in the eye of the beholder as to how fear is projected and takes visible form. One can project and 'stain' their emotions into an object, but it takes the emotional and spiritual unity of another individual and the originator for unlocking, sharing and the eventual release of these emotions and experiences...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My dad bought my mom a porcelen clown doll when I was about 6 and it used to watch you. If you moved its head would follow you. We used to leave the room and we would find it in a different place than where it was placed. Other things would be moved next to it. Once we found it in the kitchen. We found it a few times in mom and dads bed room. It was not just me that got freaked out either. Mom made dad lock it in a trunk and put it in the gardge she was so scared of it. She would not let him throw it away though because she was scared it would get mad and come back. I am 24 now and that trunk has not been opened since it was locked away.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

On... Now THAT’S creepy!

I’d have to open the thing.
I couldn't leave it in there never knowing.

Oh creepy creepy... You’re telling me you’ve never even peaked?

hehehe

Sell it on Ebay! Make sure and include the story!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join