It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My very real, scary experience with doll/toys. Anyone had any?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've heard several of these stories about dolls moving or doing stuff when no one is looking, or even talking. Personally I've never experienced anything actually "happen" but those china dolls reeeeeeeally freak me out.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It seems amazingly common for people to not like dolls. Especially China dolls.

And whoever posted those pictures on the first page.... I hate you
I have such an immense fear that I can't even go back to look for your name to post here. China dolls scare the hell out of me, to this day I can't watch that one scene on 6th sense with the room full of them and I never slept for a week once when I had to share a room with two on holiday.

But back to my point; if so many people have a fear of them, perhaps there is more to it than phsycological problems. Surely we can't all have the same problem, especially for people like me who have never even owned one.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
OMG.dolls definitely creep me out. I always feel they are looking at me and the ones where the eyes move,even creepier. I had this doll named Sarah and my grandma gave the doll to me and I loved it. It looked like a real live baby. I had a dream one night that the baby was talking to me and I wanted so bad to get rid of the doll. I feel bad now because, my grandma is passed and it would have been a nice memory to keep from her but they still are pretty freaky..

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
"...And there’s a creepy doll
That always follows you
It’s got a pretty mouth
To swallow you whole ..."

That is officially my favorite song.

As to the story that does sound like a haunted doll if its real. They're probably not a lot of haunted dolls around, so I'd say you probably won't run into one ever again.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I do not frighten easily, but there is some stuff on this site (see below) that really scared me. You guys are right. Dolls can be scary as hell.
This story may be total b.s. but it's till scary.

There was a haunted doll at auction on eBay. The doll's owners claimed they moved into an apartment, and their cat was agitated by a small panel on the wall. They thought it was just a maintenance access to the plumbing. The cat began attacking the panel.
They removed the panel, and there was a box inside. This creepy doll was in the box.

wintersteel.homestead.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster

That is officially my favorite song.

Glad you liked it.

And the story in the post above this one is fake. If you read the note at the bottom the author states he/she wrote it for "FUN". Along with a buyer beware about buying haunted things off Ebay.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The only thing that I can say about this is that I can relate. I remember watching the movie Dolls when it was on TV back in the early 90's. My dad let me stay up really late one night to watch it, and he kept startling me, as I was one to get really involved in movies at that age (about 10). After that, for about a year or so, I had this most terrible fear of dolls that I couldn't sleep well. My sister had lots of dolls, so I was naturally afraid that they were going to come and kill me while I slept.

Anyway, that's the end of my story... Suffice it to say that I grew out of it.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Wanted to post this when the OP first posted, but things got to me, wow 2 pages already.

Well this was a little long ago but I still remember it clearly, not huge story cause it doesnt call for it.

I had a toy with a "demonic" laugh when it sat up and an odd snore when he lays down. I used to keep it on my floor and during the night it would laugh uncontrollably so I took its batteries out.

Laughter still happens. Thrown in closet, laughter continues.

My mom finally decided to throw him out as she heard it and "saw it"

I didnt know what she meant nor did I care, I just wanted rid of it.

Later that year I heard laughter in my closet again(nearly wee'd myself) and it was back.

To this day I cant get rid of it permanently and just live with it one or two weeks or so, eventually I throw it out again and I dont hear much about it. Last time it came back was about 3 months ago, but I immediatly threw it out because of the recent loss of my ex girlfriend and not wanting any more stress.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The Bear Man

Ahh jesus that's a very interesting story. Very. I'm staying up a little longer before I go to bed now

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I got my story to share,

When my daughter was about 6 we had to remove all her dolls out of the room, I had then in a nice shell in from of her bed.

She claimed that the dolls eyes will followed her when she was alone in the room and that they will turn their heats and move around at night.

I never actually saw anything but to make it easier for her I just stuff them all in her closet.

Now she is 24 and still she remembers very clearly how her dolls will seem to come alive at night.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My girlfriend had an experience like that with a large teddy bear when she was about 10.

She told me that she was given the bear as a gift from a family friend (dont know about the rest of the background info). Anyway, the first night she had it she set it with the rest of her soft toys on a shelf on the opposite side of the room to her bed. She went to sleep that night and woke up during the middle of the night, the bear had moved about half way across the room. She got up and moved it back and went back to sleep. A little bit later she woke up again and this time the bear was sitting beside the bed, she started getting a little freaked out by this so she picked the bear up and locked it in her closet and eventually managed to get to sleep again. Then she woke up for a third time and this time the bear was sitting on top of her. So this time she ended up running out of her bedroom and sleeping on her parents bedroom floor.

The next day she ended up chopping the bear in bits and throwing it away. Strange but she swears it is true and she wasnt dreaming

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zyklon

You could have been sleepwalking and dreaming. As long as those are valid explanations, and without further evidence, logic dictates we chalk it up to that, as for now it explains it perfectly.

Creepy none-the-less

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zyklon

I had lots of dolls and as an only child I doted on them and considered them my 'friends'......all except one. She was a really pretty doll, but she had teeth....the only one in my collection that did....and that bothered me ( and my mother) for some reason, so she was relegated to the back of the closet in the guest room. Even when I came across her in later years she gave me the creeps and we threw her out.

Several of my favorite dolls survived and the ones that were 'newer' and in good condition were given away to 'good homes' over the years. A couple that were stored at my Mother's old house ( an ancient ballerina who still had her original toe shoes, and a 'Susie Smart') were stolen. My Mom had a particular attachment to those two in her later years......and I wonder about the 'bad karma' that might be attached to them now.

I also had a 'herd' of the Breyer type model horses on the mantel in my room......I often thought I saw them move when the room was getting dark, but they were always 'back' in their proper places when I turned on the lights!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Dolls have always scared me (and even some of my friends) as well, even though I've never really had an experience with one. I think it's something about having a fake perfect-looking person around, always posed and looking at you. When you think about it that's probably one of the scariest things you could give a little kid; a perfect little model of a person that's totally empty inside, but always with its eyes open and staring. They were made to be scary. I loved porcelain dolls when I was little, but despite that I could never sleep with them facing my bed. I always put them away where I couldn't see them (or they couldn't see me) before I went to sleep.

Your story is scary as Hell, by the way. I definitely would've gotten rid of that thing by now.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
My girlfriend had an experience like that with a large teddy bear when she was about 10.

Sorry Oz, but I'm not buying it. I'm calling hoax. Everyone knows meteorologists don't have girlfriends...

Side note: I would've destroyed the bear and fueled the fire place with the debris! Yikes!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hey Zyklon awsome story, Ill be telling that one to my future kids by the camp fire for sure
Its funny but even though she was a scary doll do you think she would of actually hurt you, maybe she just wanted to be your friend..no? Also do you have any information on lucy's backround like where your Grandma got her from? And ya got any pictures of her that you can post on here so we can have some nightmares too?? Muhahaha!! I'd love to see what she looks like.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Crimson_King

Hah,Demons and wizards song 'crimson king' was just on my itunes:S

I might go looking for her as dad said she's still at home, and post a few pics for you guys. Even though I have no reason to think finding her and taking pictures will disturb something (if indeed there is anything to disturb in the first place.) I'd still be a bit nervous looking at her again. And When I remembered it last year I felt a tiny bit sad that I'd told dad to get 'rid' of her. Because when I thought back on it a little bit it almost felt as she, the doll, was being nice. Sitting on the chair next to my bed and trying to comfort me. I always feel silly explaining that to people. Because I'm a very practical thinker, but I've always had a open mind. So I try to think of explanations for why I would remember her trying to be 'comforting' when in fact she's a doll and not alive. But on the other hand there are no other explinations.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
When I think about it I always remember it as something that defiantly happened. But not that I [iTknew she was getting up and walking and would follow me. Just that I remember seeing it. And it's possible that I could've been in a dream like state sitting up and imaging her walking towards me and somehow picked her up and put her there. And having no memory of picking her up. Then waking up and being frightened because I thought she'd gotten there herself. But how I remember it exactly is how I typed it. And it feels very real in my memory. And I know how you perceive something to be when it happened gets clouded over time and turns later into how it happened. But this experience feels particularly real.

Found out more info on the doll:
Ok it came into our family when my dad was 12. On a cruise to Sydney(I live in Melbourne.) My pop being the great guy he was, walked around and talked to everyone and made friends. And he befriended a Spanish man in Sydney. The Spanish man gave him the doll for my Grandma. Apparently it was already quite old + 40 years it's been with us The doll was about 3 and a half feet high. Had long black hair, wore a Spanish red lace dress,shoes, traditional hat and painted face. The doll sat in my grandma's room and my dad described it as a 'happy doll.' My grandma was apprehensive first about the doll, then dad said suddenly one day she grew very fond of it. And my grandma gave me that doll when I was little, it was just brought out when I was a little bit older. Mmm so dad says he remembers the doll made him feel a comfortable when he was in his Mum's room. Can't find any pics sorry, I got dad to try and find some pics on the net but he can't. He said it's probably in the attic, which is attached to my room.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Sorry Oz, but I'm not buying it. I'm calling hoax. Everyone knows meteorologists don't have girlfriends...

Side note: I would've destroyed the bear and fueled the fire place with the debris! Yikes!

Lol...maybe Im spreading disinfo....lol

Maybe you should contribute to the thread...so errr

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I contributed a song and said I'd never had an experience. AND called it a good yarn, even if it was not true (which again, I'm not claiming it's not true or that anyone is lying -- except Oz)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join